4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

All You Want In A Hotel

Our 2 night stay at this hotel was a delight. Our room was first class with good beds and plenty of space to move around the room. The buffet breakfast was extensive and the quality excellent.

The hotel is located in a central part of the city and we were able to use the subway to visit the Smithsonium Institute Air & Space Museum and other attractions. The White House is just 2 blocks away.

• Greatwalk0's Profile Photo

Good Hotel, Centrally Located

I spent my first night in Washington at the Capital Hilton and was not disappointed. The hotel sports some very nice luxury rooms, has excellent service, two fabulous restaurants, a decent "hotel bar," and some very nice gym facilities. The best aspect of the hotel, however, is it's central location. Minutes by foot from the White House and situated right on K Street, it doesn't get much better than this.

The hotel also sports secured parking, which is important anywhere in Washington.

Unique Quality: Great gym facilities and the hotel is centrally located -- one of the best locations in the city.

Directions: Near the corner of 16th and K Street, NW

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

The Hilton

Unique accomodations and indeed - i just came into my room - and the fire alarm alerted.
    We had to leave as soon as possible - i just took my wallet and camera - and this is the result - nice experience to know that this hotel is equiped with the necessary tools of safety !
    BTW - here president Reagan was shoot down - many years ago !!

• Staci's Profile Photo

Capitol Hilton

$120?? I just remember it was very reasonable (for DC which is pretty expensive) but I think I also used a United Coupon.

Unique Quality: Very clean. Walking distance to all the sites (just up the street from the Whitehouse). Good rates.

More about Capital Hilton

Take you choice: noise and/or bad customer service

Unless you enjoy being awakened by hammering and power tools around 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning, I suggest you stay elsewhere.

I was awakened by hammerring and at least one power tool (it made the room vibrate) from the floor below. The hotel manager on duty was not effective at resolving this. Twenty minutes after speaking with him, the noise had only increased.

It took a visit to the manager in person, and then several minutes later (after reutrning to my room) for the noise to stop. I was wide awake by then.

This was not the only time during my visit I heard this. But it was the only time I was awakened by the noise (Sunday AM on Sep 12, 2004).

I reported this again at checkout. Yet, I have not heard from the hotel management in response.

I then emailed Hilton Customer Support. After recieving no response to my email, I called Hilton Customer Support.

I was told that my email was forwarded to the hotel management of the Capital Hilton, that Hilton hotels are independently owned, and that only the property management of the Capital Hilton can address this.

I have yet to hear from Capital Hilton management about this.

Pretty Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member twilsonb

Came into DC for a conference and stayed here because the conference was here at the Capital Hilton. The room was clean and nice with two double beds and a good view. The location was pretty good being close to the national mall so you could walk a lot of places. Staff was so-so, nothing to write home about. Bartender was nice and talkative. I would stay there again, if I got a good deal.

Not many amenities included for the price

I stayed in the Capital Hilton for two nights, Feb 14-15, while my husband was there for a business conference. Luckily, his company paid the tab for the room, I would have been pretty disappointed with what we got if we had been the ones paying $200 a night.

The location was excellent, I could walk easily to the Metro, the Mall, and most sights. It is only a few blocks from the White House in a nice area. There aren't too many decent restaurants right around the hotel, so we unfortunately had to eat most of our meals in between conference sessions at the hotel restaurant, since we didn't have time to go somewhere else. The hotel restaurant Twigs was insanely overpriced ($6 for oatmeal), and had incredibly slow and forgetful service, we usually only got 70% of what we ordered. The food and decor were okay, but not the caliber to attract people who were not guests of the hotel.

Our room was very nice, spacious with a sofa and bar sink, and a spacious bathroom with whirlpool tub. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was pleasantly decorated, with three large windows. The cleaning staff never bothered us, and the hotel was very quiet.

I was frustrated that the gym and business center were not included in the hotel price. Other hotels I have stayed in at this price and caliber in other major cities have included these things free for guests. The Capital Hilton charges $10 per workout for the gym, which is part of the spa. The business center is run by a separate business inside the hotel for a fee. The room service prices were the most exorbitant I had ever seen, and they also added fees on top of the inflated prices.

All in all, the accomodations at the Hilton are good, nice building, nice rooms, nice location. Where they fail is in the little things to make you feel like a special guest in a classy hotel. If they want to please guests, they should upgrade the restaurant, include more amenities in the room price, and put more emphasis on personal service.

Great location, solid hotel

I had a very good weekend at the Capital Hilton (march 18-20), a very solid if generic chain hotel in a great location for business or sightseeing. The hotel is in the middle of "new" downtown on K Street, in an area full of office buildings and hotels. The White House is a short walk away.
Both the McPherson Square (use the White House entrance/exit, though) and Farragut North metro stations are about 2 blocks away, allowing you quick access to the rest of DC, along with the Maryland and Virginia suburbs.
The Capital Hilton is a big and busy convention hotel, with a large, elegant lobby with traditional decor. The rooms are of a nice size, with sizable bathrooms with separate vanity areas. The rooms are very comfortable and look like rooms in any Hilton on the planet. Lots of fluffy pillows are stacked on the beds. Room service was excellent.
My only real gripe was the tremendous amount of noise made by the housekeeping staff in the morning. Doors slamming and voluminous conversations were kinda annoying, and I'm not at all a noise-sensitive person.
The K Street business corridor is convenient for walking to the most central attractions, including the Mall, National Geographic Society etc. But it's a businessy area that's pretty dead nights and weekends, and dining choices are much more limited than you'd expect. Georgia Brown's, a southern restaurant, and Bombay Palace, and Indian restaurant, are close by, as are a couple of Starbucks.

Hotel location

by teap

Will be at a meeting at the Convention Center at Mount Vernon Place. Are either the Capital Hilton at 1001 16th St NW or Four points Sheraton at 1201 K Street NW within walking distance of the convention center? If so, which is closer?

Re: Hotel location

by olddude

The Sheraton is closer and in walking distance. However, there is a Hilton at 6th Street that is even closer.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Latest: Jul 4, 2014

Hilton Washington Dc
Washington Dc Hilton
Capital Hilton Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 1001 16th St NW, corner K Street, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States