2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Travelocity Hotels.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• BellaMora's Profile Photo

Not all its cracked up to be.

Where does one begin? First of all, the elevator from the lobby was badly corroded which is a good indication of how the rooms will be in a hotel if they dont even maintain the elevator. I got to the room on the 3rd floor and for $220 a night, I was VERY disappointed. It was shabby and kind of run down. Tired from travel and badly needing a shower, I took one. The water backed up into the shower which totally grossed me out. After that disappointment, I realized, I was hungry. The front desk gave me a Chinese food menu for delivery. For a simple peppersteak dinner and 3 chicken wings costed me $15!!! Welcome to D.C.! When I got the food, it smelled like it had been in a place where there were smokers that hadnt showered in a week. I am a non-smoker so I know the difference. The food was also bland and I couldnt force myself to eat it all so I threw it out!

More about Channel Inn Hotel

where to stay and taxi fares

by just_dawn

Hello, We need some advice. A group of girls ranging in age from 43 to 21 are planning a weekend trip to DC. We planning on going to two night clubs while we are there. Dream on Friday night and H2O on Saturday. We have looked into staying at the Channel Inn. We are unsure where eles we could stay. would like to find a cheaper hotel but we don't want to pay alot for taxi rides.
Can anyone give me feed back on how much a taxi ride would cost us. Also we are willing to ride the metro. Thanks!!

Re: where to stay and taxi fares

by New2Mons

DC cab system is a bit confusing to say with the price since they do not use the typical meters. Try this website to understand:

Sorry I have no info on the hotels in DC

Tamhara

Re: where to stay and taxi fares

by D.C.

H20 you will be able to walk to from the Channel Inn, but you will have to take a taxi to Dream. The Metro does not go there and there is only one bus line that goes near there. I don' t know how much a cab would cost.

In terms of hotel rates, they vary by the day and what events are going on in the hotel and what events are going on in the city. You have to just try different travel websites to see what the specials are.

You sound like party girls, so I would recommend you stay in the Dupont Circle area--a few clubs are in the area, and it's a short taxi ride to clubs on U Street and Adams Morgan.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

The Carlyle Suites Hotel
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Westin Washington, DC City Center

Channel Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 650 Water St SW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20024-2422, United States