Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle

More about Washington D.C.

The White HouseThe White House

-Natural History museum We visited the Nation Muse-Natural History museum We visited the Nation Muse

“Daniel in the Lions’“Daniel in the Lions’

RITA’SRITA’S

Liason or Palomar

by bubbuh77

Going to washington DC july 4th weekend. Can't decide which of these two hotels to stay in. any suggestions?

thanks

Re: Liason or Palomar

by xymmot

Palomar because it is on Dupont Circle and near everything that is in walking distance. 4th of July I walk to the fireworks and music venues. Have a nice fourth of July in the nations capital. Cheers Tommy x

Travel Tips for Washington D.C.

Walking and Jogging

by jamiesno

Jogging
Everywhere I went in Washington there were people jogging. I noticed this I guess where I jog myself. If I lived in Washington I think I would have been doing lots of jogging as well. There are great sidewalks and views al throughout the city especially in the park and mall area. For me to see as many joggers as I did in February I can assume that in the warmer months it must be very busy.

Do Your Homework to Liven Up Your Trip!

by ESQinDC

We got it good in the US of A. Yes we have traffic and pollution and crime, yadda, yadda, yadda, but what we often forget is that when we started out in 1776 we were a bold experiment that few thought would work.

For example, the complaint that nothing ever gets done in Washington is nearly universal. But that's how it was designed to work!

Before you arrive, think about expanding your experience by doing a little reading or downloading sound clips or articles to read while your here.

A great way to get some insights into the 'mess' we call a legislative process is to read the essays in the Federalist Papers. These documents debated and explored different ways to set up the government. So much of it is useful even today to understand such concepts as "special interests."

For Example: The Lincoln Memorial is awe inspiring. My first trip here in High School we sat on the steps and listened to Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech. An amazing time in our history and a great way to give yourself goosbumps.

Don't forget to look up your Congressman so you can stop by his office and ask him what he has done for you lately!

You must never ever miss the...

by anntheodore

You must never ever miss the Museums! You need ONE WHOLE DAY to enjoy just one Museum at the Smithsonian. I miss the Smithsonian museums, especially the National Art Gallery. I miss the relaxing atmosphere at Arlington. I miss the International Food festivals held at the mall.

Pick up a Washington City...

by kthorn

Pick up a Washington City Paper. There is so much to see and do in DC. Great restaurants, free museums, wonderful used bookstores, quirky shops, fun bars and clubs...I could go on and on. The Washington City Paper is free and the best source to find cool things to do (like the natives do). One of the best things to do is walk the city. Bring a good comfortable pair of walking shoes. When I lived there, my favourite DC activity was to take the Metro to Union Station, grab a bite to eat there, walk over to the Capitol, down the Mall, visit one of the many Smithsonion Museums, walk up to Metro Center & hop on the Metro again, ride up to Dupont Circle then walk to Adam's Morgan, hit some used book stores, walk back to Dupont, grab dinner, see a film in the off beat theatre there, then take the Metro back home. What a way to spend the day.

Outstanding, huge and mysterious

by matcrazy1

I decided to visit Washington National Cathedral as soon as I had seen it from a roof terrace of Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Virginia, I stayed in. The huge building stands on the top of the mount St. Alban in the Northwest quadrant Washington, in the neighborhood called Cleveland Park, the sub-neighborhhood of Cathedral Heights. The edifice dominates its skyline.

What was I amazed by?
1. The location on the top of a green hill covered by gardens, forests, parks and pretty residential houses (hmm... it's an expensive neighbourhood, I guess).

2. Huge size of the sixth largest world's cathedral. The main nave is 180 m (591 ft !) long.

3. Amazing Gothic style of the edifice built of sandstone from Indiana, with towers once hidding behind once brakiing through thick fog. The exterior and underground interiors reminds old English or Scottish castles I have watched on Travel Channel.

3. Mysterious, vast interiors and suprisingly huge (it's the USA!) underground chapels linked up with a tangle of narrow corridors.

More details and pictures in my Cleveland Park page.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

The Dupont Hotel

Chester Arthur House B & B at Logan Circle

Chester Arthur House Bed And Breakfast At Logan Circle
Chester Arthur House B & B At Logan Circle Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 13th and P St., Logan Circle, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States