DC GuestHouse

1337 10th St NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20001, United States

More about DC GuestHouse

DC Guesthouse exceeds all expectations

by TripAdvisor Member MarcellaRose

My only concern about relating my experience at the DC Guesthouse is that I will find the establishment fully booked every time I want to return. The four wonderful gentlemen who operate this unique B&B bring incredible talent and graciousness to their endeavor.

It would be a treat to stay there if one never ventured outside, yet the location is convenient and the neighborhood fabulous. Between the artwork, the careful design of each space, the warm hospitality of the owners, and some piece of magic I can't put my finger on, the environment at the DC Guesthouse is timeless and not tied to geography. Once inside, you could be anywhere in the world.

I will definitely return as often as I can.

Little Slice of Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member Unfettered_Soul

After staying at the DC Guesthouse 3 times in 2 years I can say with no reserve, it is the next best thing to home, maybe better. It was even my place of choice for my 40th birthday.It is an exquisite home filled with art and artifacts that seem to never end. Every day we discovered new pieces we hadn't noticed, yet had been there all along. It is an amusment park of visual stimulation, all tastefully done. But that isn't even the best part. What makes our visits so wonderful are the 4 men that make it a home. They don't just serve you, they open their home to you. They welcome you in, they show you around, share in the breakfast conversations and add to the memories made there. Every breakfast has been accompanied by interesting conversation with them and the other guests we've met from all over the world. Randy's culinary talents are not to be overlooked. You wake up to the glorious aromas coming from the kitchen. You come down to the beautiful table settings each morning. If you are early you can join them in the kitchen for a cup of tea or coffee.Then comes the celebration of deliciousness of whatever Randy has created. For those of us who aren't really morning people, I promise, it is worth getting up.We loved chatting with all of them. Ron and Mike were usually around in the mornings helping Randy. Tom often stayed up and had a glass of wine with us. They are all wonderful hosts and help make it a memorable experience.We will be back again and again.

Inaugural experience

by TripAdvisor Member Midwegian

Don't be surprised if you never want to leave... it happened to me and my companions. Our hosts were so welcoming, the accomodations amazing, the location convenient, and the experience delightful.

The other wonderful thing is that this place attracts the neatest folks you'll want to meet. There was an instant connection around the breakfast table.

Beautiful and friendly with gourmet breakfasts

by TripAdvisor Member ARockett

After staying at the DC Guesthouse several times while commuting to DC for work I finally brought my whole family (husband and two kids, 9 and 12 years) to attend the Inauguration in DC. My kids were in awe of the original modern art and African artifacts on the walls and the sophisticated decor. So was my husband. They are all appreciated the great breakfasts, friendly and helpful owners and comfortable rooms.

Since there was four of us we stayed in the deluxe Chocolate Love Room and used a rollaway bed for the kids. The master bed had a tempur-pedic (?) mattress that was remarkably comfortable for my husband and I. I wouldn't recommend this guesthouse for families with small children as there is no pool, there's breakable treasures every where. It's a serene and beautiful place--not a "kid place". However, if you and your children appreciate fine art, luxury-level comfort and style, and are quiet--then go for it. You will love this place.

Fantastic B&B

by TripAdvisor Member ammw55

Several of us stayed there for the Inaugural week. What a find! It is a renovated townhome run by four men in partnership. The place is absolutely filled with art and artifacts and decorated in style and comfort. The breakfasts were superb each day, and on Inauguration Day, they packed a wonderful to-go breakfast for each guest. It was a treat to wake up to the smell of great coffee and cooking. We were in the green room at it was fabulous - queen bed and a twin pull-out - both were very comfortable. We even had a fire in the fireplace! Each room is decorated differently and has different sleeping arrangements. Guests have access to a refrigerator to hold their own supplies, and a computer for convenience. It is conveniently located with easy access to city (Metro and Connector) transportation. Each of the hosts were friendly and helpful in giving directions and suggestions. I hope the future "shopping tours with Ron" and "cooking tours with Randy" will come to fruition. I was also impressed with their dedication to the community. I highly recommend it as an alternative to a boxy hotel room. Great for a romantic getaway or a group (that sounds odd but there is such flexibility there). The only caution is that most rooms are located upstairs and there is no elevator. I would gladly return there.

DC Guesthouse - Outstanding!

by TripAdvisor Member nmtraveler46

We have stayed at the DC Guesthouse for several years now and it has become the only place we will stay when in Washington DC. The staff is outstanding. Beginning with our first trip there, we were so warmly welcomed that we felt like family members who they were looking forward to have staying with them. The gourmet, home cooked breakfast is wonderful. The home is a show-piece with beautiful art everywhere. The rooms are so comfortable, quiet, and luxurious. The staff are extremely accomodating and so interesting to talk with. We travel a lot for business and have never encountered a place as wonderful as the DC Guesthouse.

Like Home

by TripAdvisor Member AnnaSlats

I have been traveling for my work for over 24 years and thrown a few "pleasure" trips in between. I have stayed at the most majestic hotels with all the creature comforts and have yet to be on a business trip and not uttered those famous words "I wish I was home". Until I stayed at the DC Guesthouse on 10th and O in downtown Washington DC.
The property owners make you feel as if you are family from the moment you enter through the doors of their "home". You will spend countless hours marveling over the art work throughout the house and find the comforting smell of coffee when you awake.
Each bedroom holds a name such as the "chocolate room" or the "cinnamon Room" that make one think of warm and inviting scents to the senses.
Then there is the breakfast. The famous Southern breakfast such as fish with a chipotle sauce and southern fried eggs, or some sweet pancakes with spicy chicken sausage. Plus a benefit, I have food allergies, and the group is always finding ways to accomodate me with every breakfast I have there. I can enjoy my breakfast without worries.
I have never stayed at a hotel and told a client I was heading "home" for the evening. Once you have stayed at the DC guesthouse, this is how you will feel every time you return. I would dare anyone to try and stay at an ordinary hotel again after staying here. Bet you wont!!!

Feels like coming home...

by TripAdvisor Member vjol

Work has taken me to DC semi-frequently over the past 2+ years, and I am always sorely disappointed if I cannot stay with the guys at the DC Guesthouse. It feels like coming home, and is 1000% better than landing in a hotel. Friendly, welcoming, informative (if you need suggestions or recommendations), BEAUTIFUL, eclectic, yummy food, and home-like creaks on the stairs. The rooms are spacious, and completely accommodating to the business traveler and vacationer alike. Try to be there when Randy makes the smoked-salmon eggs for breakfast...

Home away from home!

by TripAdvisor Member ladeedah18

Words can't express how pleased I am with DC GuestHouse. Everything you read from past reviewers are true. I have no idea how anyone can give this place a bad review. When you walk into this lovely establishment, you feel like you have entered a world away from DC. All the artwork and collectibles makes this B&B feel like a mini museum. They are throughout the house. so you must take the time and look around. Mike, Tom, Randy and Ron are delightful and are very helpful in telling you where to go if you are new to the area. The breakfasts are home made and delicious. So much better than a hotel!

If you are looking for a romantic getaway, this is the place. I stayed in the Red Room which is on the third floor and has its own private bathroom. It's away from the other rooms and gives you and your mate tons of privacy. In the common area, there is a fridge stocked with free soda and water and they even have a fridge with complimentary beer. They also have a huge library of DVDs in case you find there is nothing on TV. If you are looking for a place to stay in DC, I would definitely recommend DC GuestHouse!

Lovely b&b with the most amazing hosts.

by TripAdvisor Member e_dalaga

This is probably one of the best bed and breakfasts I've ever stayed in. The building is very large with eclectic and interesting decor. There are several areas to sit and relax, conversation with guests as well as the hosts was always pleasant and entertaining.

There is wireless throughout the house but if you don't have your own laptop, there is a computer with high-speed internet access in the lower sitting room.

The rooms are all very clean and beautifully decorated and all four of the hosts make you feel so welcome and at home. My entire stay was a pure treat and I wish I had more time to relax at the b&b and just chat with them. They're very helpful and informative and can tell you a lot about the city, places to eat, things to see...

The breakfast was DELICIOUS.

If I ever go back to DC, there's no other place I'd like to stay but at the Guesthouse. I'm definitely recommending it to all of my friends.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Adam's Inn
Savoy Suites Georgetown Hotel
Park Hyatt Washington
Latest: Apr 11, 2014
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C.
Best Western Downtown-Capitol Hill