2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Days Inn Connecticut Ave.
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 21% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• shamrockap2's Profile Photo

Look elsewhere ! !

After all the extra "fine print" charges, my $220.00 bill quickly turned into a $300.00 bill ! The charges to just simply park at the hotel per day were ridiculous.
    Every spoken word, noise and snore from those around us could easily be heard through the walls.
    The hotel had a moldy / musky odor.
    No breakfast.
    The staff was not friendly at all.

I could go on and on and . . .

Unique Quality: Good location.

• Bed Bugs

Me and my husband have never been to DC, we thought we would take a trip to visit our capital. My husband wanted a king size room but i figured since we where going all out we would get a sweet. We arrived at dullas airprt late at night and when we arrived at the days in we met a gentlemen named ceasar he was very rude and seemed very annoyed that he was an employee there he continued working on the computer as if we where not standing right in front of him, upon asking him why we where waiting he said "give me a minuteim working on something" he than gave us our room key and we went to bed. We than woke up and my husband asked me why i had bumps on my face i then noticed that i had been bitten by bed bugs so we than approached the front desk and told them our problem, they tha introduced us to there general manager fatiha, she offered us a free night stay but why would we want onther stay at a bug invested hotel. They than told us take it or leave it. We where very unsatisified, and very itchy, dont stay at the days inn connecticut ave.

Unique Quality: None, besides ibrahime he was a good front desk agent he tried his best to make us happy

Directions: slums

• besbel's Profile Photo

Days Inn

Back in June 2009 I stayed in this hotel for a few days while I was apartment-hunting in the District. I picked this hotel because of the unbeatable price (it had an offer of US$69 plus taxes per night via booking.com, no breakfast but wifi included) and the location (one block from the Van Ness metro station).
    The staff was nice and helpful, and the rooms were OK. However, the lack of breakfast and the problems with the wifi connection in the room make this hotel an unlikely option at its regular fare (US$139 plus taxes per night). So, if you are looking for something cheap and this hotel happens to have discounts as the one mentioned, take it!

Unique Quality: Very helpful staff!!

Directions: One block from the Van Ness metro station

• mayasmin's Profile Photo

If you want to be near people who live in DC

Since I live in DC, I haven't stayed at this hotel....However, it is very convenient as it is near the Van Ness Metro and various restaurants while being a short metro-ride away from the Washington Mall and other DC sights. The neighborhood's also safe as the whole street is full of apartments (mine being one of them :-)

• Cheap, But Kinda Yucky

Wasington DC is an expensive city to stay in and this is a budget hotel with reasonable prices. Unfortunately, that's about all this place has going for it. The worst thing about this hotel is that it was dirty, and by dirty I mean that the hallways hadn't been vacuumed in ages, there were piles of trash by the elevator, and I was literally afraid to walk on the carpet in our room barefoot. Another minus here was the clientele. The hotel was full of drunk, partying college students on 2 of the 4 nights that we were there and we were frequently woken up in the middle of the night by doors slamming and yelling. There is also no place to eat breakfast anywhere near this place other than the Burger King next door, so getting up in the morning and driving someplace is essential if you don't want to eat there. They do offer on site parking, but at an additional charge of $10 per night. Also, this hotel is not really that close to the downtown so if you want to see the attractions you will have to have a car or walk 2 blocks from the hotel to the Metro Station.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Days Inn Connecticut Ave

The Days Inn is one of the least expensive hotels in the city, but it still charges $89 a night + $15 in taxes + 11.50 per day for parking! It is located on Connecticut Ave, just 150 yards from Van Ness Metro Station and immediately beside Avis and Schlotzskys Deli.

The hotel was very noisy. We could hear the neighboring rooms hanging clothes in the closet and doing other things you shouldn't be able to hear in a good hotel.

The rooms are also very small and nothing special. Just a Queen bed, two chairs, and a dresser.

Hotel did let us keep our car in their lot until 3pm the day we checked out, making it easy to do some sightseeing that afternoon.

Unique Quality: Choose this hotel if you want a good location at an OK price, but are not concerned about the amenities!

Directions: Just north of Van Ness Station.

• ChristinaNJ's Profile Photo

Suburban DC hotel

My family stays at this hotel when they come to visit me. It's not the best accomodations, but the price can't be beat. You can get a decent room for less than $100 a night. Although the hotel is not downtown, it's a block away from the VanNess Metro stop on the Red Line, which is really convenient. It's also the closest, reasonably priced hotel near American University.

Unique Quality: Hotel staff were very accomodating when my family needed to keep their car parked in the hotel garage after they checked out. It's $10 a day to park, which is cheaper than a public garage or lot.

Directions: VanNess/UDC

More about Days Inn Connecticut Ave

Problems at Days Inn, Connecticut Avenue, DC

by TripAdvisor Member david_kravitz

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of June 2006. We arrived and left on a Greyhound bus plus taxis and used the Metro. After we departed the hotel, I found an additional charge on my credit card for car parking.
To date, the hotel has ignored my emails, failed to return my telephone calls and ignored an email from their corporate head office. Clearly they think that I will take no action living 6,000 miles away. They are wrong. And I have advised my bank.
When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was surly and unfriendly but did thaw after a couple of days. We thought he was overworked through poor staffing levels.
I dropped a file on the floor and did not pick it up. Two days later it was still in the same place.
After we left, I discovered I had left my bath robe on a chair but after several unreturned phone calls, the hotel advised there was nothing left in the room. After I advised it had either been thrown away or had been taken by a member of staff, I was immediately refunded the cost of the robe (which was new)

Great Value Hotel, Clean & Tidy

by TripAdvisor Member starshine

The Days Inn Connecticut Ave is a really nice hotel. This hotel is clean, tidy and safe. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. Housekeeping staff do a great job. The sheets were clean and white, but some of the towels could do with replacing. There is a safe in each room which they will charge you for if you want to use it. We had no trouble accessing the internet and it was very fast. Air-conditioning was excellent as it was very hot & muggy while we were there.

Our room faced out onto the street which was lovely and there was minimal road noise. If you can get a room with a view of the road as some of the rooms face out onto each other. Across the road is several restaurants, chinese, italian, indian and next to the hotel is a nice italian restaurant called Tesoro who do room service, burger king and a coffee shop called Sips.

Great location to dowtown Washington as the metro is just up the road. Go direct to the Days Inn website to get a great rate.
I would recommend this hotel for families.

Just one last thing, this hotel does not have a laundry facility.

Well done Days Inn, I can see that you take pride in your hotel. Keep up the good work!!

Do not stay at this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mizchat

This hotel is a poorly managed dump. The rooms were dirty, only one lamp worked, the shower was broken and the water ran cold after the first minute. There was no toilet paper in my room, and when I called down to the desk, they made ME come down to get it, and sent me into the supply closet for it! Here is the icing on the cake--I gave my credit card when I checked in, to pay for the room charges of course. Now, 4 months later, I get some bill from a long distance company I never heard of, for $86, for a 4 minute call i made from the room to my home in NY!!! I called the number on the bill only to get a disconnected line---this is obviously a scam---and then I called the Days Inn on Connecticut avenue to see what this was about. The receptionist said she "has no idea" because any calls made from the room would be charged on the bill when you check out (which I obviously paid already!) So it is clear that someone employed by this establishment is stealing guests' information and trying to trick them into paying fraudulent long distance bills!!! The management at the hotel was "unavailable" when I called. Do yourself a favor and stay at a reputable hotel if you travel to this area.

Good Value, close to station and shops

by TripAdvisor Member MelieL

This place was great value, location was decent (you might say it was a little far out of the centre of town) but it was very close to the Metro station, shops and restaurants. Parking was an issue, cost an extra $15 per night and if you got there really late it was tough to find a spot.

The rooms were pretty old but clean, nothing spectacular really but I would still recommend this place as a great base for sightseeing around Washington DC. Internet access is good and pretty cheap, there's a small gift shop in the lobby.

Don't be mislead by their website - it doesn't really look as pretty in real life!

safe and cheap travel

by guzha

What is the best and cheapest way to travel from Dulles Airport to Connecticut Avenue Days Inn in DC?

What is the best and cheapest way to travel from Connecticut Days Inn to Baltimore Airport ?

Re: safe and cheap travel

by Radiomom

Not sure exactly where that Days Inn on Connecticut is --if it is near a Metro stop, it may be possible to take the Metro to DC's Union Station, then the train to BWI's train station which has shuttles to the airport every 15-30 minutes.

You also might look at the Blue Van shuttle services between the hotel and the airports. I think there's a "Washington Flyer" service from Dulles to DC -- all my notes are at home so I'll try and get that for you later. Meanwhile, you could do a google search on Washington Flyer....

by Radiomom

OK -- Washington DC (Union Station) to BWI airport is $6 on the Penn line of the MARC train. If you get a pass to ride Metro for a week or whatever, you'll have your fare from whatever Connecticut Avenue location you are at (either by bus to a Metro stop with a transfer, or from the nearest Metro stop). That's probably going to be cheaper than $40 or whatever the Big Blue Van charges these days.

The Washington Flyer from Dulles to the Falls Church Metro Station is $8 one way. Then you can take Metro to fairly close (hopefully) to your hotel's location on Connecticut Ave NW in the district. Email your hotel to find out which and how far is the nearest Metro station.

by guzha

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE VALUABLE INFORMATION. GOD BLESS!!!

by jennifermueller

Dullas: There's a direct bus from Dullas to the Rosslyn Metro and Lefant Plaza for about $3. It takes the same amount of time as taking the mtro to West Falls Church and then the Washington Flyer from there. Check out www.wmata.com for the schedule.

Taxi and blue van would be faster but more expensive.

BWI: As mentioned. Marc train from union station right to BWI on weekdays. Weekends, take the B-30 Bus from Greenbelt metro to BWI (also $3).

by jennifermueller

All of these options are perfectly safe.

Use the same precautions you would in any major city about keeping track of your belongings.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Days Inn Connecticut Ave Washington Dc
Washington Dc Days Inn
Connecticut Avenue Days Inn
Days Inn Connecticut Ave. Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 4400 Connecticut Avenue, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20008, United States