2224 R Street, NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20008, United States
Official Site Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Embassy Circle Guest House

The best place to stay in Washington!

by TripAdvisor Member Gordon777

On a business trip to Washington this January I "stumbled across" the Embassy Circle Guest House and enjoyed the best hospitality I've experienced since I started travelling regularly to Washington 8 years ago.

Perfectly located for connections to the centre of Washington, I would say it has to be one of the most elegant and beautifully restored older houses in the district.

The owners and hosts together with their team made me feel extremely welcome! Breakfasts are fantastic (particularly from a European point of view!) and the en-suite bathroom would have made my wife very jealous :-)

I was tired of city hotels with corporate faces, rooms furnished according to passing fashion trends and polite but impersonal service personnel.

The Embassy Circle was refreshment pure and I can't wait to return!

A lovely oasis in the city for D.C. visitors

by TripAdvisor Member samizdat

Raymond and Laura’s exquisite guest house is a gem in the heart of Washington, DC. Ideal in location and appointments, it’s set off still further by its owners’ genuine devotion to the quality of their guests’ experience. The Saba’s are that rare thing: innkeepers who are truly interested and interesting. You feel the friendly, welcoming ambiance immediately, and soon you are contributing to it.

Their breakfast buffet is the perfect launching point for your day in the Nation’s capitol. The sumptuous fresh fruit, and the chance to compare notes with fellow guests and your hosts, turns an anonymous city experience into a home-based one instantly. If you make it back home in the late afternoon for a glass of wine and conversation before going out to dinner, so much the better. Raymond and Laura’s house offers the perfect balance of hospitality and independence for the city visitor.

A great stay...

by TripAdvisor Member OhioNena

Traveling to DC on on business I purposely searched for a B & B. Locating the Embassy Circle Guest House was truly our good fortune.

Raymond & Laura Saba have taken a former embassy, recreated it, furnished it with beautiful antiques and hired Nelly and Ingrid who are just awesome. Add to this a breakfast of wonderful pastries, fresh fruit, organic yogurt, whole grain breads, gourmet coffee and teas, etc; wine and cheese in the evening; and conversation with people from around the world and you simply do not want to go to bed for fear you will miss something let alone go home.

Raymond & Laura are wonderful, caring, professional people. They make you feel as if you are the only people staying in their beautiful home. On a couple of rainy mornings Raymond insisted on driving me to my business meeting. As the taxi pulled away from the Embassy Circle Laura is outside waving goodbye until we were out of sight. We have already made our reservations for next April...we can't wait!!

Thank you to the Saba's for an amazing stay in Washington DC!!

Just like being at friends (very rich ones;))

by TripAdvisor Member gelbi

My company reserved a boring 4 star hotel. I called up the Embassy Circle Guest House and got myself a wonderful, unique stay at Washington.
It is in a quite, elegant area, very central, surrounded by Embassies and galeries. Very central: walked everywhere.
The hosts gave me a very (a very very) large room on the second floor with a very fine working WiFi. The breakfast had wonderful fresh fruit, and a lot of tempting diet breakers.

All rooms have nice paintings, many of them modern. Ask the hosts about it, most are done by good friends and there is a story behind it.

But the most amazing thing was the way I was treated.
I arrived late afternoon, so the hosts invited to have dinner with them and their friends. (After the long flight they did not want me to go out in the dark and look for an eating place). They joined me for breakfast to keep me company (I am a very early riser), offered to drive me to the airport, and in a whole: The hosts and their team were just so unbelievable nice that I still keep wondering: After decades in the hotel business, they also must have had some more negative experience, and still they welcome you with open hearts.

So, if you are a nice person, go there. This place deserves the best guests.

A memorable experience

by TripAdvisor Member RedRockMan

My wife and I were visiting Washington, D.C. in order for me to attend a weeklong conference. Rather than stay at a boring hotel, I chose to stay at a B and B close to the conference hotel. Boy, did I make the most amazing decision to stay at Embassy Circle. Having stayed at many Bed and Breakfasts over the years, I am very aware that no matter how beautiful the house and furnishings are, it is the host(s) that set the mood and ultimately dictate how much I enjoyed my stay. The hosts of Embassy Circle, Raymond and Laura Saba as well as their staff, were exceptionally friendly, warm, humorous, intellectually stimulating, generous, kind, informative, but not intrusive. The Dining room and living room are stunning and the bedrooms are beautifully decorated. The breakfast was excellent and varied. The house is a short walking distance to the Metro.

As a bonus, Raymond and Laura invited us to have dinner with them and the other guests on our last night. I have never laughed so much in my entire life as the guests talked and laughed over dinner that night. I have to say that this place truly made our trip a memorable one!

Fabulous place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member sherriana40

We absolutely loved our stay at the Embasy Circle. The location is superb. Walking distance to the Metro. The location is charming and perfectly safe as the B & B is located right on embassy row. The building is a beautiful, meticulously renovated embassy building. The rooms are neat and welcoming. The Sabas go the extra mile to get to know each guest personally. We especially enjoyed the stimulating conversation and late night chats in the kitchen. There is a wonderful breakfast each morning. We overslept our first morning and they put breakfast out for us even though we had missed it. Wine is served each evening and Raymond will continue to put wine out as long as there are people to enjoy it. Raymond even went to far as to drive us to one of our restaurants and to personally introduce us so that even though it was busy we were able to get a table right away. Raymond also drove us all the way out to Dulles airport to catch our flight home charging ouly the price of gas. This B & B is a real gem. We will be back for sure.

Our top choice for a B&B

by TripAdvisor Member CanukToronto

We have stayed at quite a few B&B’s and guesthouses around the world. Embassy Circle is at the top of the list. The warm welcome by Laura and Raymond and staff was overwhelming. Laura has an amazing memory. She introduced us to all the other guests as they entered and departed. This led to a sharing of ideas on restaurants and sights to visit in Washington. The breakfast conversation was thoughtful and stimulating.

The rooms are large and airy. The common room is elegant, yet cozy. The location is a block from the subway and the neighborhood is very safe.

We will recommend Embassy Circle to anyone visiting Washington.

John and Susan Stacey
Toronto

Wonderful B&B Experience

by TripAdvisor Member WorldTraveller003

I happened on this B&B by chance when there were no chain hotel rooms available and they were referred by the conference hotel. Location is convenient to transportation but within walking distance to many sights. Right near the Embassies, and with parking. But the most valuable asset is the accomodation and by far the owners. Personable but not intrusive, open and inviting-I found myself wanting to come "home" after only two nights there, and will return there whenever I can on travel to D.C. They have an artful way of bringing their guests together, if that is what you want. Very tastefully appointed, with each room named for a type of carpet. The artwork is beautiful. Breakfast was fresh fruit, pastries, cheeses and good coffee or tea or something more substantial if you wanted. In total, this experience was a gift and the site will enhance whatever brings you to the Washington D.C. area.

Highly Recommend the Embassy Circle

by TripAdvisor Member Preservationists

We love the Woodley Park Guest House and have stayed there often, so we were excited to learn about the new location near Dupont Circle. The new Embassy Circle Guest House is beautiful. The renovation is very successful. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The common rooms are lovely - beautifully detailed and carefully restored. Breakfasts are excellent - very good food and lively discussions with interesting guests. The owners are very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. We highly recommend the Embassy Circle - great location, great ambiance, and great people.

Visiting Lincoln MemorialVisiting Lincoln Memorial

view through plexy glassview through plexy glass

view from Arlington Houseview from Arlington House

Sleep Inn & Suites -the roomSleep Inn & Suites -the room

trees blooming?

by cottonwood

Are the trees blooming in Washington DC? I'll be there starting April 25th. I live in the mountains of Idaho where nothing is blooming thanks to the snow still on the ground.

by xymmot

trees already bloom and this may be the last week before they turn green. Washington DC already had their Cherry Blossom Festival last week.

by grandmaR

The cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin are gone, but there will be other flowers in bloom. The Rhododendron and Azalea Show is April 24th, so they will probably be in bloom, and I have tulips now

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

As the other VTr's stated, they were in full bloom last week, some slightly remain holding their flowers into this week but should be green by next week. I am headed there on business tomorrow. I'll let you know how it looks.

Sean

Cheers!

by CeePeeDee

Yep, but the cherry blossoms are already bloomed. There have been several Spring days, and one Summer day so far in April. May (and, like everywhere- October) is usually the best time for Washington.
CeePeeDee

by zanzooni

Are the trees blooming? My allergies say, Yup! The Cherry Blossom parade was on Saturday, April 10th and my daughter and granddaughter marched in the parade for the second year in a row. The Cherry trees are still in bloom albeit they are at their peak and probably won't be blooming when you arrive. We broke record temps on the heat index factor this past week. It's now back to heat on in the house for the time being. Flowers are in full bud. You will experience plenty of foliage when you arrive. Have a wonderful time! ~

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

Elwood
I am in DC at the moment. Unfortunately, everything is green. Not a single blossom remains. Still beautiful though

by jjgeorge1234

Main blooming season is through about mid-April for most of the city but there are plenty of places to check out blooming flowers, bushes, and trees for much of the summer. Great locations would be the National Arboretum, Dumbarton Oaks, Bishop's Garden (National Cathedral), and Mount Vernon.

Have a great trip,
John

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Latest: Jul 19, 2014
Willard Inter-Continental Washington
L'Enfant Plaza Hotel

Embassy Circle Guest House Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2224 R Street, NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20008, United States