Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion

4300 Military Rd. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20015, United States

• FloridaHurricane's Profile Photo

Washington DC

Wonderful cook to order breakfast, big clean rooms for a hotel, wonderful staff, gave directions to a brand new cupcake/coffee place I just read about before my trip. I've stayed at this hotel several times, never been disappointed. They have a spa at the hotel, but I did not have time to try it out, maybe next year.

Unique Quality: Great location, metro is at the bottom of the hotel, no need for a car. Several shops within walking distance, grocery store, wine tasting bar, movie theaters, just to name a few. The hotel has a brand new CVS store inside the "mini mall", no need to walk outside, along with a World Market and Stein Mart, and some other stores.

Directions: Chevy Chase area/Red line on the Metro subway

• CORealtor's Profile Photo

Fabulous Location if you're traveling with kids!

The hotel is located in an upscale shopping mall and is just a short escalator/elevator ride up from the Friendship Heights Metro Station, without ever going outside.

We stayed with 6 girl scouts, three to a room, with two adult leaders, in two adjoining suites. The rooms were spacious, clean and had all the amenities we needed.

The full, cooked-to-order breakfast saved us a great deal of money over the course of our long weekend trip and the girls enjoyed the 'manager's reception' with free sodas and appetizers, as well.

The Pool was small, but fine for the girls to play in :)

Unique Quality: Superb location on a metro stop!

Directions: On Friendship Heights Metro Stop at the edge of the District

• Staci's Profile Photo

Embassy Suites Chevy Chase...

Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavillion
    I think it was about $180/night.

Unique Quality: GREAT location for shopping. All kinds of stores in the pavillion and surrounding the pavillion including Tiffanys, Saks, Banana Republic, Pottery Barn, etc.. Great rooms. Large and clean. Easy metro ride to all the sights.

More about Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion

Food stores kitty korner to...

by Staci

Food stores kitty korner to the Chevy Chase Pavillion Embassy Suites
Eating at restaurants every night while you are on the road can be miserable. So, the great thing about the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavillin is that each room has a microwave and a small refridgerator. There is a food store kitty korner to the Embassy Suites and also a fabulous cafe/bakery with great foods. So, you can get some fruit at the store, a microwave dinner, or some fresh bread and salad and have a nice quiet meal in your room. Anything!

Chevy Chase Embassy Suites is Fine

I started to rethink my booking at the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase after reading some recent reviews but decided not to cancel. I am happy that I didn't.
We were a group of 2 adults and 3 kids. The suite was spacious enough for all of us although the bathroom was quite small. The breakfast was incredible...lots of choices and service was excellent.
There are plenty of shopping and restaurant possibilites near by. We brought take out from the Cheesecake Factory back to our room (very good) and enjoyed sandwiches from Cosi and Booeymonger (across the street from the hotel).
Our room was clean although the carpet was stained. It was a little disturbing but once you get over that, it was fine.
We enjoyed the convenience of the Metro Station.
The pool was small but staff was friendly.
We would stay here again.

Great location, great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PhilsPhan

I had to travel to the D.C. area for a three-day business trip, and stayed at the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavillion. While the business part of my trip did not always go smoothly, I have to say that coming "home" to the Embassy Suites every night after work really improved my day. The staff was consistently helpful and informative. The complimentary breakfast every morning was great: omlettes, bagels, fruit, pancakes, etc. The room was roomy and had two TVs, refrigerator, microwave, iron, hairdryer, and USA Today was delivered each weekday morning.

The parking process was simple: pull into the covered lot under the hotel, get a ticket, park anywhere except where it is marked "No Hotel Parking," then take the elevator upstairs to the hotel lobby (be sure to bring your ticket with you). They will stamp your parking lot ticket at the hotel's front desk when you check in, then you just hand in your stamped ticket when you move your car. Repeat this process anytime you need to move your car. Parking is $15 per day, and is added right to your hotel bill. I had to drive to suburban Maryland every day, and was surprised at how easy the commute was.

The hotel is located in northwestern D.C., away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, and literally right across the street from Maryland. The location of the hotel really offers the best of both worlds - convenient access to Maryland via a short drive to the Capital Beltway and also easy access to get to downtown D.C., as the Metro Red Line train (Friendship Heights station) is directly underneath the hotel.

Whether you want to see downtown D.C. or need to travel to suburban Maryland, I would definitely recommend the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavillion. The high quality of this hotel really made a difference to me on a business trip that had its share of problems.

Ideal for those traveling with children!

by TripAdvisor Member barefootmama

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase for two nights in late June of 2006.

I was traveling alone with my two young children (ages 3 and 1), and wanted a hotel with as many conveniences as I could find.

When we arrived, I parked the car in the parking garage below the hotel ($15 USD/day).
Check-in was a breeze, and a nice employee was available to help me with our luggage.

We had a clean, comfortable room on the 4th floor, with a king-size bed and a sleeper sofa. I found both the main living area and the bedroom to be quite spacious, which was perfect because my kids had lots of room to move around and play.

In the bedroom: king-size bed (far more comfortable than most hotels!), TV armoir, vanity, telephone, night stands.

In the main living area: TV, sofa (sleeper sofa), armchair, small dining table/4 chairs,
kitchenette (sink, microwave, mini-fridge, glasses, coffee maker, coffee, tea), bathroom entrance.

I requested a crib (pack and play style) for my youngest, which was brought to our room promptly, and was set up in the bedroom.

The first night, we met with our friends and ate at the Cheesecake Factory restaurant that's in the hotel. Very good food (much of it is kid-friendly), huge menu selection, good service.

Both mornings we were there, we ate at the free breakfast provided by the hotel, which is on the 3rd floor. They have a nice selection: breakfast breads (bagels, muffins, toast), fruit, ceral, hot items (cook-to-order eggs/omlets, breakfast meats, hash browns, pancakes), coffee, juice, milk.

Another wonderful thing about this hotel - it's directly at a metro stop! You go down to the hotel's metro level, and take an escalator down to the trains. We didn't have to drive at all during our visit, as the metro stop was so easy to get to.

My children and I also enjoyed the pool, and I enjoyed being able to grab a beverage at Starbucks, visit the sundries shop, and browse World Market and the other shops there in the hotel.

Our stay was very pleasant and comfortable, all of the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful. I would definitley stay there again.

Good location, okay service

by TripAdvisor Member LoveTrips

We stayed at this Embassy Suites for one night when my father-in-law couldn't make his already-paid-for reservation... so for free, this was great! The hotel is located in Chevy Chase Pavilion, part of an indoor-outdoor mall right inside DC. The room was a typical Embassy Suites room... nothing fancy, but all that we needed. The breakfast in the morning wasn't as good as I've had at other ES's, but it wasn't terrible. I just wish Embassy Suites' (all of them) would start providing more variety of fruit (all they have is melon, whole apples and oranges, from what I've seen). The service at the hotel was not as helpful as what I'd expect, especially when we had a complication during breakfast and we were told "maybe change where you sit tomorrow to avoid that again," with no apology. I'd stay here again, but probably look around for better options first.

Enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member cs1

We did not have any problem with the age or cleanliness of the room as some have reported. Ours was typical Embassy Suites in terms of layout. Service was reasonably friendly. The morning breakfast was excellent. The afternoon reception was beneath the standards of other Embassy hotels and did not fit with the price being paid. The hotel does not have its own pool or fitness center, you have privileges to use such facilities of a club located on the top floor. The staff there was unfriendly such that you felt hotel guests to them were more of a bother.

The hotel is in a mall that has as its best feature direct access to the DC Metro Underground. This allows you to tour the city easily-best bet, the daily pass that allows unlimited riding. There is also a Cheesecake Factory in the mall but there are better and more reasonable alternatives nearby on the outside. Its also a short train ride to local restaurants in areas such as Dupont Circle. So you can stay here and avoid driving/parking to see the sights, though they do charge $15/day for garage parking. For these reasons, its very convenient, but it comes at a price. We enjoyed our stay, but if it weren't for the metro station it wouldn't be worth it.

Chevy Chase PavilionChevy Chase Pavilion

Hotel for family

by sanscott

We need a roomy hotel for our family that's on Washington's Metro line, close to Six Flags America, and doesn't cost a fortune. Also, what are some "must-sees" for a family with kids ages 5, 9 and 11?

Thanks

RE: Hotel for family

by tracys2cents

Embassy Suites Chevy Chase Pavilion (pricey but you might find a deal, parking $16 extra)...........Holiday Inn Chevy Chase (not sure if they allow 5 in a room).....Residence Inn in Bethesda (two blocks from metro).

RE: RE: Hotel for family

by zanzooni

Do DC...the Smithsonian Museums, which are right off the Metro and are FREE!..the monuments in DC, the art gallery's, the hotdog stands and popcorn stands..(not free, but cost effective)Are you renting a car? Check out my DC pages for more info, and email me for more answers.~

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel