Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, DC

1250 22nd St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C.
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Embassy Suites - Washington DC - 1250 22nd

My family just returned from a full 7 days at this hotel. We found the 4 block walk very doable in all types of weather. The staff that served the breakfast and the managers reception truly know service delivery. The breakfast was a great start to the day. While the price of the hotel was pricey, it seemed very doable considering the breakfast was enough you didn't need to eat again until mid afternoon. Needless to say, after days of MUCH walking, the manager reception was very welcomed. They were very generous with the variety of drinks and the number of free drinks. I'm not sure how the staff do it, but I found it interesting to see how hard they work and yet t seemed like they were there day and night.

I wasn't quite as impressed with the room as the furniture looked a bit tired for a 300.00 per night room. The layout of the room worked well for counter space and getting ready to go every morning.

The hotel was quiet at night however the police need to silence their sirens when they move through the downtown at 3AM.

Maid service was prompt and effecient.

Unique Quality: I submitted a survey online. I had a minor concern...within minutes I had an email response from the service manager. Amazing.

Directions: Foggy Bottom train stop.

• lizscoular's Profile Photo

Great location for family trip

This Embassy Suites is in the Foggy Bottom area of DC, and is located 3-4 blocks from a metro station. There are several restaurants within walking distance, and we took to metro everywhere as we went sightseeing.

The free breakfast is wonderful and a great timesaver when traveling with children. We also enjoyed the snacks and drinks in the evening - it helped rejuvinate the family after a long day of sightseeing!

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, DC

Great family atmosphere

My husband and 8 y.o. son just returned from our stay in Washington DC. We found the hotel clean and with a very helpful and friendly staff. My son loved the pool, which was a little crowded due to school vacations. We loved the manager's reception and the breakfast was more than adequate. We ate at the restaurant twice. The food was good and reasonably priced. We had a refurbished room, which was terrific. We did not mind the construction that was going on throughout the hotel. There were lots of kids and families during our stay and we did not hear any complaints. We would definately return to this hotel and will stay at Embassy Suites hotels in the future.

Great for Families

by TripAdvisor Member jeffster

My family and I were at the Embassy Suite from April 27 to May 1, 2005 and it was great. After a reading a negative review for this hotel, I called the hotel directly asking about the renovations that seemed to upset another reviewer. I was assured that it was not as bad as it sounded and the front desk person I was speaking with said they would give me room 933, an upgraded suite which was recently renovated. At check-in, they kept their word and the room was fantastic. The room was enormous and the kids were elated to have so much room.

The breakfast was good and if you wanted bacon or sausage, all you had to do was ask when the eggs were handed to you. The cocktail hour was also a welcome treat after so many hours of touring. We have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites but for one reason or another, we always missed the free drinks. This time was a welcome exception. There was also a kids bar where the kids could make their own Shirley Temples if they desired. The pool was on the small side but the kids didn't seem to mind. A group of teens staying at the hotel took up a lot of room in the pool but that certainly is not the hotels fault.

As for the restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised and we ended up eating there twice. For mashed potato lovers, they had among the best I ever tasted.

Yes, renovations were going on, but there was nothing to cause anyone interference at all.

We will certainly go there again next time we are in the area.

Embassy Suites great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gcgirl

Just returned to Australia after 2 weeks in USA. Spent 4 nights in DC staying at Embassy Suites, dupont circle after reading reviews on this site. The hotel was great, still going thru some renovations, but did not bother us at all. The free breakfast is good, the huge atrium lobby/breakfast area looks great, and the newly renovated room that we got on the top 9th floor was great. the hotel is located half way between Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom, and either way its about 4 blocks to metro station - which sounds great until you walk it every day after having spent the entire day walking around the various sites! The weather was unseasonally cold for spring (1-5 may) and we were surrounded everywhere by school students on pre-graduation trips to the capital. Lincoln Memorial was having some work done so only half lit up, and major work being done at Washington memorial so no lights or gardens at all. We did the night monument tour on our last night, and were disappointed to find out that the korean and vietnam monuments arent very well lit up - much better to do during the day. Holocaust musuem was great - allow 3 hours at least - but we werent too impressed with the new american indian museum - expected a lot more than what was there. But overall a great trip, pity about the school kids and the cold weather! Very pretty city to visit.

Excelllent stay at the Embassy Suites!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member momluvs2travel

We traveled to DC, 4-16 to 4-23-05 and had wonderful stay at Embassy Suites in downtown area. We have a 12 and 14 old. I'm sure you've read the reviews on the hotel and yes it is being renovated, but by the time you come it should be done and you will have a great room with new furniture, granite, sink fixtures, new mattress and everything. I am a very picky traveler and do my share of research, this hotel was very clean and I felt the bedding was clean also. I liked that we were able to open windows for fresh air.
On our first day we went on the trolley tour and got the all around basics and did all the memorials that day. Yes, you are very tired and my kids could care less about going out to eat, so most nights we let them have room service ( great hamburgers by the way) or order pizza delivered to the lobby from local pizzeria. One night my husband and I went to Shula's around the corner and had an excellent steak dinner. The metro from Foggy Bottom or Dupont Circle to most of the sites is 5-10 mins. We are from S. California and never have been back east so the walking around in between gave us the city atmosphere to experience. The kids get tired with the walking to the metro station, about 3-4 blocks each way by the end of the trip. I would suggest taking a taxi to the museums in morning, especially if you want to get there early for the timed tickets. Taxi's with four people about $7-12.00 one way to most attractions. Bureau of Engraving, Capital, Halocaust, etc are the ones we did and we would have to leave at 6:45 - 7:00am to get the early part of the day tickets. That’s when the free breakfast is real handy. They serve at 6:30am. Also, I should mention that they serve 4 different Starbucks coffees! Some mornings I would go and have breakfast and bring back a couple of bowls of cereal for the kids.
I love where we stayed, safe neighborhood, charming old homes, beautiful tulips and flowers. Something else the hotel has is a nice fitness room, arcade next to the pool, and a business center with 3 computers to use anytime. .25c a min., $1.00 for 5 min, $5.00 for 20 mins. There is a great CVS store around the corner to load up on snacks and drinks. I also wanted to let you know having the living area/bedroom combination was a great plus, a nice space at the end of the day. Our teenagers are as tall as us now and I can't imagine 7 nights in a one room, 2 beds for night time relaxation. And for more space ask for a corner room. I know for a corner room on their last 2 floors, 8 and 9, they charge more which we had. # 933. They are the only floors with views. Remember your in a city and most hotels are next to other buildings.

Great hotel, rooms are recently remodeled! Breakfast buffet was much better than expected, it was excellent, omlets made to order, excellent choices, not the typical buffet. Location is in Foggy Bottom/West Side which is fairly residential, not a lot of nearby restuarants and bars. Although Dupont Circle is within walking distance (~5 blocks) and it offers plenty. I do not have kids, excellent place to bring kids because of the size of the suite and buffet. I would stay there again.

Great for families

by TripAdvisor Member novasinlove

This hotel was nearly perfect for our small family of four. With two TV's in the suite, and a small pool, the kids looked forward to returning after a jaunt around the Mall.

The nicely appointed suite has a door that closes off the bedroom from the living room, giving hubby and I a chance to re-connect after the kid's bedtime.

The breakfast buffet has hooked me to this hotel chain. The food (including fruit) was always fresh, the made-to-order omlettes were superb and the dining environs were kept very clean considering the amount of people streaming thru. Kids loved to watch the large goldfish swimming in the atrium's gorgeous fountain.

The manager's cocktail evening hour(s) hooked my husband to this hotel - for obvious reasons.

The price was great. We left with a bill under $1000 for four nights (including tax, tip, parking and a movie night) HInt: Switching from WEDS-SAT to THURS-SUN saved us $350 alone. Weekdays are more expensive, so try to include FRI SAT and SUN nights if you can for the best value.

Subway is 3-1/2 blocks away from this hotel and the fare to the Mall is $1.35 one way/person. Also, meter parking around DC was free on the weekend, so if the 3 block walk to the subway is too much, consider your chances with driving and parking to your destination on SAT or SUN. Driving wasn't bad on the weekend, and if you end up parking three blocks away from the Mall, what's the difference? For us its was the savings in subway for a large family. They had great fun on the subway for Friday anyway.

Laundry room facilities are only available on the 4th and 9th floors. WHen I lost money in the laundry room detergent machine, they offered doubled re-imbursement for my trouble. Too kind. Smarter move, go to their gift shop and buy the bigger box of detergent for less. Smartest move, bring your own detergent.

Bottom Line: The people working at this hotel were very friendly from the concierge, to the front desk, to the kitchen buffet, to housekeeping. Front desk gave all the kids a small stuffed teddy as we were leaving..

Very nice hotel for families in Wash DC.

Perfect Hotel for Families

by TripAdvisor Member kityhwk

We stayed at Embassy Suites from June 25-30, 2005. This hotel is just perfect for families. I have 2 children ages 14 and 16. The best part of this hotel is the suite. It really gave my family the added room we needed. There was a dining room table, couch, chair and TV in the front room. We had 3 sinks. The refrigerator and microwave were great! Everything was wonderful. The breakfast was the best. We never had to decide where to eat breakfast. We got up early, had the made to order breakfast and were out for the day sightseeing. The late afternoon snacks were a hit as well. There are pretzels, chips, and salsa, popcorn and sodas. My kids really enjoyed this treat as well. The pool was not great. It was small, indoor and the water was cloudy. The gym we did not use, but seemed adaquate. The location is excellent. The metro is close and we used this every day. We walked to Georgetown for dinner several nights so everything is nearby. I would definitely stay here again. The people were nice but I often felt a bit distracted. We did blow a fuse late at night when we got stuck in a thunderstorm and within minutes, they had the power turned back on. They forgot to give us a set of towels one day and I called down and they were delivered within a reasonable time. They have a self automatic wakeup call service which I used everyday that worked well. We were on the 9th floor and the room was a bit loud. I think the noise was just from the air condition. It was only loud at night. However, the noise never kept me awake. There are a ton of families that stay here, so if you have kids this is the perfect place to stay. When on vacations, I will always look for an Embassy Suites.

Great with kids

by TripAdvisor Member rcmjr

Great place to stay with kids. Was upgraded to a large corner suite. Room was very large and comfortable for the entire family. The corner room was quiet. Breakfast ok, not great, but free! Pool is very small and was crowded with kids. But it was a nice spot for them to let loose after touring all day. A bit of a walk to either of the 2 metro stations, but not bad. CVS and wine store about a block away for stocking up. Parking was a mess. Garage was full, so sent to the Ritz down the street.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Capital Hilton

Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, DC

Washington Dc Embassy Suites
Embassy Suites Washington Dc

Address: 1250 22nd St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States