Embassy Suites Washington - Convention Center

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Embassy Suites Washington - Convention Center

Great Hotel not to far from Metro Center

by TripAdvisor Member b25pilot

I am writing this review from the Embassy Suites - Convention Center - Business center. They have three nice Dell Computers with a B&W Laser printer and a Dell Copier Fax. But on to the more important things. This hotel is in a great location. (it was a $19.50 fare from Reagan Airport) When we first arrived we where greeted at our cab by the Bell Staff. Me and my wife appreciated this as we have a 18-month old in tow. The lobby is nice with the Porter and Finn restuarant to the right with a fancy water feature. As we approached the Front Desk we were immediately welcomed by a very nice young lady who's name escapes me at the moment. (I just called the front desk and asked what the lady's name was and I think it was Nicole, I hope I got it right.) I had saved in my reservation to request a lower room, this is something I do for work as I usually have a large amount of equipment with me. As we where checking in I asked if we could change the room to something higher with a view. She said no problem and we got our Suite up on the eleventh floor right on the southwest corner of the building. The corner rooms on the southwest side of the building have a nice view down New York Avenue and you can almost make out the White House, to the south is a large parking area that I assume is used for the MCI center during events but it does have a nice art feature and nice landscaping to view. The suite has a very large window in the living room area and a Plasma TV. The place is immaculate, the cleaning staff was great, they cleaned up great after our daughter pretty much tears up the place. My wife and daughter love the bed. I have fell asleep twice on the couch but it is quite comfortable. The hotel is about two blocks from the Metro Center or Chinatown Metro Stops or a block from the Circulator Bus see the MWATA website for info. With a stroller it is a short walk. I almost forgot the made to order breakfast is great, getting there early will help you avoid the line of the other guests. Another note because we changed rooms when we checked in there was no HiltonhHonors items (ie Water or Cookies) in the room however after speaking to Freddy at the Front Desk, he had two waters placed in our fridge and a little basket of fresh fruit, with a pear, which I was actually craving.
For our first stay at an Embassy Suite it was great, we are normally Hampton Inn people but I will be staying at the suites more often because of this Hotel.

Comfortable and good value

Attended BookExpo at the Convention Centre so really handy. Reception staff at check-in helpful and efficient. Room was very clean, well equipped and comfortable. Only thing lacking was the restaurant (I could not cope with the breakfast rush ) which was a bit more like a diner. However in the evening it was quiet and the food good especially the seafood.

Excellent Value and Service!

by TripAdvisor Member NCJulie

I almost didn't write this review because I'm afraid that once the word is out about the superior value and service at this hotel, I won't be able to get a reservation. The hotel was immaculate, and the service from the staff was superior. When they asked, "May I help you?", you actually felt like it was a sincere request as if they really wanted to help you. The happy hour every evening was the best deal in town. They offered plenty of food and a full bar, and it was staffed well, so we didn't have to wait in line for hours. The breakfast was excellent and full-service. The omelets were made-to-order, and there was plenty of selection. The beds were extremely comfortable with lots of pillows. This is the best deal in DC. We will definitely be back!

Comfortable, but not our favorite Embassy Suites

by TripAdvisor Member TravelBeforeIDie

The room was very nice (got one of the "larger suites"), the staff friendly, but the public areas are not up to a typical Embassy Suites standard. The public areas are small which makes it seem very crowded (granted, we were there over the July 4 holiday). The breakfast has many choices, but everyday found the food cold, and the lines long, confusing, and disorganized. It just did not seem up to the standard we have been accustomed to at Embassy Suites.

The location is not bad with the Metro stop about 1-1/2 to 2 blocks away. The White House is within walking distance with the mall and Smithsonians not too much further. This is a city where visitors need to plan to walk a great deal. There are restaurants within walking distance, but not many real close by.

Unfortunately, there is an adjacent area of homeless people. We were pan-handled on a couple of occasions. Some visitors may find this troubling, and although we would have preferred to not be subjected to this, it really was not a problem.

Overall, our stay was positive. DC is great with much to do. Embassy Suites are great if you have kids with a separate bedroom and breakfast included. I recommend this hotel, but just did not find it the same as other Embassy Suites we have stayed at.

Good Hotel for Kids

by TripAdvisor Member CoopGuy

Stayed 2 nights in DC on Fourth of July Weekend, along with 1 million of our closest friends!

The hotel staff was efficient at check-in, and although you had to fight for a space to valet park your car, the valet's were friendly and efficient. It's a newer hotel, so everything is clean, and nice.

The rooms are above-average for your typical embassy suites, and pull-out couch was easy to use. Beds are very comfortable, especially after walking with kids doing the touristy stuff.

Not a lot of restaurants real close, but there's an ESPN Zone about 5 blocks down which is easy for kids, and cold beverages for the adults. Another good place for quick food is the Capital City Brewery just a block and a half away.

This hotel has an indoor pool, and although the chlorine levels were quite high (you could smell it when you walked in), I can't blame the hotel as there must of been 50 kids jumping and splashing in the pool, which was not much larger than a typical suite at the hotel!

I'll chalk up the busy hotel and long lines for breakfast and manager's reception to the holiday weekend, but found the staff to be suprisingly pleasant, and willing to help with directions, etc.

Recommend getting an even numbered room, as you have a better chance to see the Washington Monument in the distance (we were 1510).

We will go back when staying in DC with the Kids, and is a bargain for DC hotels.

Not the best Embassy Suites

by TripAdvisor Member pjmcjm

This is a fairly typical Embassy Suites...without their signature atrium (which I miss). It is quite new, and the staff is very friendly. I liked the close proximity to the Metro, and there were lots of restaurants within a short walking distance. I agree with other reviewers about the breakfast. It just wasn't up to Embassy Suites standards, and the food was pretty mediocre. My biggest complaint was that for some bizarre reason, we could hear all sorts of conversations from other rooms coming through our air ducts! It was very annoying...especially when it woke me up at 3 AM one morning. I could also hear the television blaring next door at the same time. That was also the same morning that we failed to get our wake-up call (and isn't that computerized?), and there was no USA Today in front of our door! I went to the front desk on my way to breakfast and complained about all of these matters, and the young man behind the desk immediately took that night's charge off of our bill (thus living up to their previously stated motto that if you are not 100% happy, that night is free...remember that if you stay at an Embassy Suites and have a miserable night!). I really do like Embassy Suites, and we have stayed at them for years because of our two boys. But I truly could not put up with the noise coming from the air registers again and would find someplace else to stay. All of the staff were pretty friendly, and the manager's reception is always a plus, but that noise issue would certainly keep me away.

New hotel with extra perks!

by TripAdvisor Member ciardelli

I booked this hotel through Hotwire.com and got a great rate of only $99/night. When I found out it was a brand new hotel and not one with grungy carpet and nasty bedding, I was thrilled!

The hotel is fairly close to all the tourist attractions (a cab ride or a long walk to the White House and Mall area) in a part of town that appears to be under renovation. There were several construction projects in areas around the hotel but noise was not a problem. We were on the 9th floor but our view was of one of the contruction sites on the street so there was basically nothing to see out the window.

Amenities in the room were very nice. There's a small frig, pullout couch and flat screen TV in the living room area, and a very comfy king size bed and another TV in the bedroom portion of the suite. Bathroom was also nice and new with a great shower, but the overall layout of the suite was pretty tight. I felt we had to keep opening and shutting doors in order to get into the other room and the closet which was hidden behind the door that led into the bedroom.

Overall though, I was happy with the hotel. They had great valet and concierge service as well as the complimentary breakfast and cocktails every night made for a great bargain.

Note: The indoor pool in the hotel is basically a lap-pool and is only 3.5 ft deep so it was hard to even swim and jump around in it like a normal hotel pool.

Great place to stay for any reason

by TripAdvisor Member JusticeSalmon

We stayed here on a business trip recently. It is fairly new and is really nice. They have the classic manager's reception (with Heinekin on tap) and the Embassy Suites breakfast (delicious). The rooms are good size and the service was wonderful. See my pics for more details.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member pathpaver

This was the first time I stayed at an Embassy Suites Hotel so I did not have another to which to compare, but I absolutely loved the hotel. It was new and clean with large shower stalls, thick absorbant towels, bath rug (not a bath matt), large fluffy pillows, deluxe bedding, microwave, refrigerator and a bar area with a sink. Having two rooms, a living room and a bedroom was a plus also. The buffet breakfast in the morning served until 9:30 A.M. was delicious with choices of scrambled eggs, omelets, hot and cold cereals, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt and pancakes. The mangers reception in the evening serving beer and wine and a few selections of mixed drinks along with chip type snacks was also a nice surprise. The location to the musuems and government buildings was good also. Transportation by subway or bus was convenient. I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Plus: Comfort and convenience
Needs Improvement: Could use a pull out mirror in the bathroom to see the back of hair.

One Day in DC

by TripAdvisor Member patjack

A busy but great day. Stayed at the new Embassy Suites near the Convention Center. Outstanding service, location, rooms and amenities. Took the Old Town Trolley and got a great overview of the city(my first visit). Very informative and I would suggest staying on through the entire tour , then returning to the must see's for you. Late Lunch at Old Ebbitts Grille , after the lunch crowd. Ate at the back bar(Grants bar) Crabcakes were awesome, trout was devine and the pear crisp for dessert was to die for. Joe the bartender from Chicago is a new friend we hope to see again. Thanks again Joe for the great service and suggestions. From there we walked the two blocks to the back of the white house(as close as you'll get) and then walked off lunch by hiking 7 blocks back to the hotel for a quick nap. (OK were 50 already). enjoyed the Managers reception at the hotel b4 taking a taxi to Union station to pick up the trolley for the moonlight monument tour. Do not miss this tour. Majestic took a taxi back to the hotel after the tour. the most surprising thing about DC to me was the taxi's have no meters and they don't try to screw you. We paid $8.00 each way. (could have taken the circulator for $1.25 each) and were happy to pay. everything was great except the directions back to BWI from mapquest . Got lost for 45 minutes by following their directions. guess they didn't here about the new convention center that K street doesn't go thru anymore.. Anyway, can't wait to return, and would suggest a similar itinery if you only have 1 day.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Embassy Suites Washington - Convention Center

Washington Dc Embassy Suites
Embassy Suites Washington Dc
Embassy Suites Washington Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 900 10th Street, NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20001, United States