Extended Stay America Washington D.C. Centreville Manassas

Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • By Far the worst hotel experience i have ever had

Hi,

Please do yourself a favour. Please dont ever stay in this hotel. These people are big CHEATS. I booked my room in this hotel through priceline.com for a night stay. I was travelling with my wife and 7 months old baby. I was trying to check into this hotel by 1.30 AM that day. TO my shock the hotel's frontdesk was closed by 11PM and they dont accept any checkin after 11 PM. This information wasn't available anywhere in my reservation. When i tried calling the number in my reservation some women picked up the phone and said she cant let me in and asked to look for a different hotel. I was telling her i had a reservation but she disconnected the phone. Fortunately i was able to get a room in another hotel in Days Inn 3 miles down the road. So i was able to stay in the Days Inn for the night with my 7 months old and wife. I called priceline after i checked into Days Inn, they said i will get my refund and to call them after 8 AM since the Customer service manager left for the day. When i called priceline again the following morning, the priceline manager called the frontdesk of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Centreville - Manassas and to my utter shock the guy in the frondesk told priceline i had checked in by 9.47 PM the previous night. Priceline didn't beleive me and they asked me to go to the hotel and resolve the issue. I was in Washington DC by then. Since i wanted to resolve the issue i drove all the way to virginia and met the guy in the front desk. When i went and met the front desk guy he told that somebody checked in and they even showed drivers proof with my name and their photo as id. I told them it is not possible since i took my licence only 2 months back and i haven't showed it many folks for proof. Even the manager was telling the same story. Let me get this straight even if someone has hacked my id, they wont checkin with the same reservation knowing i am going to stay in the same hotel. That defies all logic. And after some time the manager said he will refund my booking charges and get out of the place immidiately. Priceline.com asked me to call them from the hotel and i called them. The manager treated me very very badly while i was waiting with my family for the call to get over. I have travlled siginificantly all around the world but this is the WORST exprience i have ever had in my life. Save yourself by getting cheated from these guys. For me my 5 hours was wasted and one day of my Vacation was spoiled because of these guys. I will get my money back for the hotel but not my vacation and lost time.

Thanks,
    Anand

More about Washington D.C.

old post officeold post office

Springfield baptist churchSpringfield baptist church

Lincoln's hatLincoln's hat

Jefferson MemorialJefferson Memorial

Thanksgiving in DC

by cheddah

Can anyone recommend anywhere to eat a traditional thanksgiving dinner in DC? I'm from the UK so would like to make the day as authentic as possible without having native friends or family to spend the day with. Am I right in thinking not many people live in DC? In that case, should I go into neighbouring areas for a more authetic experience? Is there any events that can't be missed? Anything similar to the Macy's Parade?

by zuriga

You are not right about people living in D.C. There are lots of neighbourhoods and many places where you can get a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Hotels often do them. My son lived in D.C. for quite a few years and so do other relatives! I'm not familiar about how it's celebrated in D.C. - no big parade that I know of.

My son used to enjoy this restaurant, and I see they do a Thanksgiving dinner.

by zanzooni

There are over 600,000 people living in DC and many more visiting from Virginia, Maryland and other states at any given time. We do not have a Macy's type parade here. Just about any restaurant that will be open will have some sort of traditional Thanksgiving Day feast going on. Personally, I'd take the metro and head over to Old Town Alexandria for Big Bird day. I'd check out "The Wharf" as well as "Gadsby's Tavern" a historic site dating back to colonial times that was frequented by no less than 5 American presidents starting with George Washington. Hope this helps...:}

by cheddah

Nice one thanks guys!

Travel Tips for Washington D.C.

Metro parking

by travelrabble

Try the New Carrollton Metro station - it's just off 495 where it intersects with Maryland Route 50. (It would be on the Orange line). I think you have to pay to park there, though. In fact, I think all the Metro stations with parking charge - might be just as economical to park in DC at your hotel if they give you some sort of break. I worked in Dc for years, public parking fees in the city are outrageous.

Finding Yubert

by b1bob

Make no mistake about it, meeting Yubert is what I call a fond memory. However, getting hold of him on Inauguration Eve was a task akin to nailing Jell-O to the wall. I was under the impression that it might be more convenient for him to meet not just me, but everybody at Union Station (a prominent location right on the metro line where folks can get a bite to eat while they're there), however he ended up at the Longworth House Office Building. Normally, the walk between the two points would be pleasurable (passing the Senate office buildings and the Capitol grounds), but two factors made it unusually arduous. First, it was snowing like nobody's business. Second, the barricades for pre-inaugural security made it necessary to go around Abraham's barn to get there. That is just, in my opinion, given the world at that point in history. I finally met up with Yubert outside Linda Sanchez's congressional office, whereupon I showed him the way to Senator Barbara Boxer's office to get more tickets. After that, I offered to treat him to coffee and a snack, but he preferred to take more snaps while he still had light.

The Washington Plan

by mrclay2000

Washington as a town is laid out fairly simply, but interstate access is often a little daunting. However most of the important landmarks are situated within an easy walk of or actually on the National Mall, 133 acres of flat ground with reflecting pools commanding much of its space. Arlington National Cemetery, no less considerable than anything in the US capital, is situated directly across the Potomac River due west from the Lincoln Memorial. You can easily reach most of the places of interest by subway.

DC is a great city to visit. ...

by Nomad_2001

DC is a great city to visit. As everyone reading this page should know, it is the capital of the United States of America, the seat of government (which seat needs a kick every now and then to get into gear). When in DC, you MUST see the White House, Capital Hill (if you are a U.S. citizen please try to arrange a visit with your Senator or Representative, and if you don't know who those people are LOOK THEM UP RIGHT NOW!!!), the Smithsonian Institute, Washington Monument, National Library, the Pentagon (at least what is available for tourists to see), a random department (again to the extent tourists are accommodated, the Department of Agriculture was a nice safe choice for us), the National Space Museum, the National Art Gallery, the National Zoo, Arlington Cemetary (and former President Kennedy's everburning flame), and all the other national monuments you happen upon along the way. DC is a very fascinating city. While driving is reasonably smooth (you still have traffic and construction as in any major city) parking is scarce anywhere downtown. The subway system is really great, probably the best in the U.S., so please take the trains. Once downtown, I find walking to be the best means to get around. Of course, you will have to plan your days carefully so you don't tire out. There is a LOT to see and a LOT of walking to be done. In fact, if you do walk your way around town, you can enjoy absolutely anything from any of DC's restaurants completely guiltfree because you really will be expending every one of those calories!

I love to walk up Connecticut...

by GregTLA

I love to walk up Connecticut Avenue from Dupont Circle to Colombia Road where the Adams Morgan neighborhood begins. There are so many ethnic restaurants there, it is hard to decide what to eat. Ethiopian, Thai, Salvadoran, Italian, Brazilian, Vietnamese and other interesting places to eat. DC is most beautiful in the Fall (Autumn) and Spring. And no trip is complete without a visit to the Smithsonian museums on the Mall. DC has many distinct neighborhoods, each with its on shops, flavor, people and things to do. Having lived there for seven years, I miss my friends the most. I also miss the ease of living in a city without a car. I could get to most places by Metro (subway), bus, walking or if pressed for time, taxi (my least favorite mode of trasportation). I always like to go to a coffee shop, bakery or Vie de France for one of the tastiest sandwhiches and chocolate chip cookies!

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Madison Hotel
Allen Lee Hotel
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
Four Points by Sheraton Washington D.C. Downtown
The District Washington D.C.
Hotel Rouge - A Kimpton Hotel