Georgetown Suites Harbour

1000 29th Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20007, United States

• Not a good impression!

My husband decided to surprise me for our 1 year anniversary with a 2 day stay at this hotel, he booked it 6 weeks in advance, got a confirmation email saying all reservations were set. We get to the hotel only to find out they overbooked our room and sent us to another hotel with which was okay, of course, we wanted to be sent to another hotel which was equally as amazing as what we saw in this one. Didn't happen! How can a company overbook any rooms that are already booked? I don't understand it but I decided I was not going to let this setback ruin my anniversary.

Unique Quality: None, we didn't even get a room. We were sent elsewhere. We came 2300 miles to get an okay room with okay service. Very impressed with Washington D.C but not with this hotel at all!

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Home away from home

Our suite at the Georgetown Suite was just like having an apartment in Georgetown. My daughters went nuts that it was right out of the '80s, but I must have been left in the '80s too because I thought it was great! We had a one bedroom apartment that I could live in. The couch in the living room pulled out to a queen sized bed, there was a 4 person dining table, and a kitchen that included a microwave, dishwasher, full size fridge, stove and all the dishes and cooking things you would need.

The separate bedroom has a king bed with very nice bedding and a flat screen TV mounted on the wall.

Unique Quality: The hotel provides a great breakfast with everything a traveler could want. We missed the first morning, not being prepared to get up by 10 on our first morning from the west coast.

The hotel is in a great location for exploring Georgetown and all of the shopping and restaurants at your finger tips.

Secure parking is underground for an additional $20 per day.

More about Georgetown Suites Harbour

good price, great location

by TripAdvisor Member jpuigpey

My husband and I booked three nights at Georgetown Suites and were very pleased with our stay. The rooms, although very 80's in decor, were extremely spacious and clean; the bathroom huge compared to other hotels. The staff were kind and accomodating. The location was perfect--right in the middle of fantastic restaurants and great shopping (make sure to visit Madelaine's for breakfast--even though the hotel offers a Continental breakfast of donoughts, cereal, etc. we opted instead for the authentic quiche and crossiants at Madelaine's every morning). Miss Saigon has wonderful Vietnamese cuisine, very reasonably priced, and to die for coconut ice cream. The hotel, overall, is somewhat simple, no frills as far as grandeur or design, but provided a great value. We would stay here again without question and would highly recommend it to others.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member bom2535

Small check in facility but good enough. Staff were very friendly and helpful, one of our rooms even got upgraded to two bedroom suites. The suites are spacious, large fridge and kitchen. Nice dinner table with full table sets ready.

Free continental breakfast for every guests, plus free coffee all day.

Checkout was swift, will stay there again next time we're in DC area..

Top Notch!

by TripAdvisor Member june83

What a find! You really should stay here!

Our stay at this hotel was quality. Our room was huge, incorporating a small kitchen, dining table, sofa, closet, very comfy bed and good sized bathroom. We did have a little trouble with our toilet not flushing properly but the Front Desk staff were very helpful with this.

I can not believe the price I paid, it was a real bargain.

The complimentary breakfast gave lots of variety including waffles, fruit, yoghurts, juice, muffins, bagels...

Another good thing is the location. Although Downtown DC has a lot to offer in the daytime, I think it is somewhat short in shops and places to eat at night. This 29th Street location in Georgetown means that you only need to walk a few blocks and you and right in the middle of DC's best nightspot.

It took us about 15-20 mins to walk to the Lincoln Memorial from the hotel, but you can catch a bus from just a few blocks away to a connecting Metro station if you require. A cross-town cab from Georgetown to Greyhound bus station (near Union Station) only set us back about $15.

You really have to stay here, its almost too good to be true.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member clickums

My wife and I decided to take a in-town vacation. We are both from DC, but wanted to stay at a nice hotel downtown. We couldn't have found a better place for the price.

Upon arriving, we were promptly checked into our room and given directions for parking. They have a small underground garage that's a $18 a day charge. Quite reasonable for DC. WARNING- don't risk parking your car on the street in Georgetown during weekdays. You need a local sticker before 6pm. If not, you may get ticketed and TOWED, so pay for the hotel parking.

Next, the suite is large and spacious. It was a little musty when we first walked in, but blasting the AC for a few minutes took care of that problem. The kitchen appliances are very dated. But who cares. As long as they work, you won't hear any complaints. The suite overall was very clean. Turn down service was always prompt. They also provide a nice continental breakfast.

The location, like the price, cannot be beat. You are two to three blocks from all the best things Georgetown has to offer. Loews Cineplex, the waterfront, tons of resturants on M st. and shops gallore. The hotel even provides meal coupons for 2-for-1 entrees at several Georgetown resturants. WARNING- The resturant Paper Moon is listed as a resturant that honors the coupon, but they REALLY DON'T.

Overall, this was the best local hotel I've ever stayed at. Great price, friendly service, and awesome location.

Jogging, Skating and Entertainment in September

by HansWerner

Hi,

I┬┤will be between August and September for a few days in Georgetown at the Georgetown Suites. This will be my first time in the USA and also Washington. If I have luck maybe I have one or two free days. Where can you go for a one day or two day trip around Washington ? How is the climate ? Where can I find a cool place and a cool european beer ? Any open air pop or rock concerts at this time ? Cool trails for jogging, biking or inline skating ? Nice places for swimming ? What kind of city tours are offered (by bike, by bus, by skates) ?

Re: Jogging, Skating and Entertainment in September

by Suet

Hi Hans you can get the Tourtrain thingy from anywhere on the Mall for $20 and can get on get off it as you choose to see places. It goes all the way up to Arllington Cemetery. If you like walking there are lots of museums, Smithsonian, Air and Space Natural History etc etc on the Mall, Capitol Building, Washington Monument (free) Jefferson Monument (tourtrain), Lincoln Memorial.

Forget the hot dogs outside the Washington Monument, they were pretty disgusting....

Re: Re: Jogging, Skating and Entertainment in September

by soccergrrl

I hope you have a wonderful experience here! It will most likely be very, very hot and humid -- the cool places will be indoors . . . museums, restaurants, bars, shopping malls. The best places to get a cool European beer will be either The Brickskellar (http://www.thebrickskeller.com/) or RFD (http://www.rfdwashington.com/). But most bars will have some of the "standard" imports on tap: Bass, Guinness. The previous poster was referring, I think, to the Old Town Trolley tours. I've never taken one, but I've heard they are a good way to see a lot and get around town. For jogging, biking, skating, try Rock Creek Park, the C & O Canal trail, or the Mall. A good resource for information about the area is www.washington.org.

Re: Re: Jogging, Skating and Entertainment in September

by iluvtrvl

The DC Metro (subway) offers stops at or near all monuments and museums, and is a somewhat less expensive option to the Trolley Tours. However, you must have a good map and understanding of the stops relative to the map, and a good idea of what you want to see. The Smithsonian Museum (which is actually several museums) would be too difficult to get in and out and tour other momuments, but, worth a quick trip in if you know which musuem to go and what you want to see in the museum. If your budget allows, do the Trolley tour - the drivers will generally be very helpful with information to make your sightseeing more enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Grand Hyatt Washington
Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel
Latest: Apr 9, 2014
The Carlyle Suites Hotel
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
Capital Hilton