Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Franklin Square

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• VonDutch's Profile Photo

Nice and fancy hotel

The first impression I had from this hotel was: ''wow, very fancy!'' The lobby is very nicely decorated and also the rooms are very pretty. The only downside of our stay was the fact that the swimmingpool was being renovated at the time we were there, while it was over 35 Degrees Celcius outside..

Unique Quality: Nice decorations. Beautiful restaurant inside the hotel. Little shop inside the hotel.

More about Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Franklin Square

Another Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleIndividual

In early November 2004 I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square for probably the sixth time. There are several reasons to keep returning. Whether on business or pleasure the location is great. Access to the METRO is right across the street. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Having stayed in several rooms I am quite pleased with the quality of accomodations. Rooms are decent sized and fresh and clean. As others have mentioned, the bar and restaurant are convenient, but not much else. Also, some of the rooms overlook an alley and loading dock area and can get noise as a result. Regardless, I'll be back.

They insisted on overcharging

by TripAdvisor Member NautiusMaximus

The hotel was fine until I came to check out, when I found they overcharged me. I was absolutely gobsmacked when they chose to pick a fight about it. OK, it was only a few dollars, but any reasonable hotel would have just corrected the mistake with an apology. The Hilton Garden Inn obviously thought it would be better to refuse to correct it. Doubtless I could have insisted on getting the correct bill, but unlike them, I didn't think it worth making a fuss over a few dollars.

Still, I'd think twice before staying at another Hilton.

Reasonable rates/good accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member Eleanor-7

Stayed for 2 nights at the hotel. We thought that the hotel was good value for money as the rooms were clean and modern and the restaurant served reasonable meals at not hugely inflated prices. However a note of caution we booked through Expedia and although we had specified a room with two double beds (2 children & 2 adults) the hotel said that they could only provide a king bed & a cot. Apparently a booking through Expedia only guarantees a room and not beds.

Great location - right by Metro

When we checked in, they told us they were out of non-smoking rooms! As a result, we were put in a smoking room for the night. Makes you wonder why we bother booking 3 months in advance in the first place. Only good thing that came out of the advanced reservation was the room rate. $110 a night! Not bad for Downtown DC.

A definite plus is that the Metro station is literally across the street.

Do NOT eat in their restaurant. Horrible food and service! Walk a few blocks to Old Ebbitt Grill Restaurant on 15th Street instead. Excellent service and great food.

Location, location, location

by TripAdvisor Member twkey

I stayed at this hotel for four nights, just prior to the hurricane in September 2003 (would have stayed five, but had to cut short my stay to beat the storm). The location was outstanding--metro station across the street, about 50 yards away. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the price was very good for this part of Washington. It will not be confused with a grand hotel, but if you are using the Metro to get around Washington (as you should--a car is almost useless), it beats a lot of the grand establishments in that very important aspect. I would not hesitate to stay there in the future.

Great service and value!

I ended up at the Garden Inn after a disappointing stay the previous evening at the Jefferson. Changing hotels was the best decision I made during my trip.

First, the service was exceptional. The lady at the front desk, whose name I cannot remember - sorry - allowed me to check-in three and a half hours earlier than the official check-in time. I greatly appreciated this gesture, as I had walked over from the Jefferson with a suitcase (and it was a long walk). Her kindness gave me the opportunity to freshen up before proceeding with the rest of the day.

The room was large and quiet, and not far from an ice machine. It had a sitting area with a fold-out couch and chair, in addition to a large TV, while the comfortable bed was located at the opposite end of the room, also with its own TV. The room had a decent size fridge, microwave and coffee service. There was also free internet service, with the computer plug located on a desk a few feet from the couch (as I said, the room was large). The bathroom was nicely stocked with ammenities.

I'm normally leery of hotel food. However, I had a wonderful pesto pasta dish delivered to my room one evening in a quick and friendly manner. I found the price very reasonable, especially since it was a large serving.

The hotel is also conveniently located to several places to eat and is within walking distance of the metro, the convention center and many of the tourist sites. There's also a well-stocked pharmacy nearby.

Check-out was effortless and the bellhop quickly flagged me down a taxi to the airport.

All in all, a great experience, especially considering that the nightly rate was identical to the far inferior Jefferson (for more details about that hotel, read my review under San Antonio).

I highly recommend the Garden Inn, and I'm perplexed by the negative experiences other folks have had there. I'll definately stay there next time I'm in DC.

Loved our trip to Washington to see the memorials, capital, and white house.

by TripAdvisor Member strange

Recently visited our nations capitol and had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden in at Franklin Square. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Also enjoyed the nice swimming pool and exercise facility. Would stay again if we return.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TripTime

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in mid-November. Very nice staff--great food, especially the scrambled eggs in the morning. Delicious! The room and hallways were quiet and clean and the room had a microwave and a refrigerator which came in handy. The restaurant/lobby area is very cheerful with free tea and coffee in giant urns near the fireplace. There are wonderful, old photographs of DC on all the walls in the restaurant. Browse, museum style, while you wait for your food!! We also got a very nice price on the weekend package. We would definitely stay there again.

Hilton garden Inn, Franklin Square. Impressions?

by richhill

Loking for travellers feedback on the Hilton garden Inn on Franklin Square. The price looks
good - your first hand experience is appreciated.

Re: Hilton garden Inn, Franklin Square. Impressions?

by ESQinDC

The best thing the Hilton Garden in has going for it is its location. It's close to Franking Square, which is a nice place to people watch and has several metro stations nearby. It's smack dab in the center of the business district.

If you've ever stayed at a Courtyard Inn or similar hotel you'll be comfortable here. The neighborhood is safe as well. Cab rides to the hot nieghborhoods for night life (like adams morgan) will run you about $6.00

Feel free to check out my DC pages for more info on our fine city!

ESQinDC

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Hilton Washington Dc
Washington Dc Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, Dc Downtown Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 815 14th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States