Hotel Washington

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Washington

The Roof Terrace at the Hotel Washington

by ESQinDC

At the corner of 15th and Pennsylvannia in Downtown Washington sits the Hotel Washington. A pleasant old hotel, few people may know that they have an excellent rooftop terrace that overlooks the White House and the Washington Monument. The Views are incredible.

During the day it is a great stop to get some lemonade or ice-cream and in the evening it offers a wondeful view of Washington at night over a cocktail.

This is also a great hotel to stay at with modest prices and clean rooms.

GREAT VIEW of the National Mall!

by genki44 about Hotel Washington

I am all about outdoor seating and great views, and the Hotel Washington Sky Terrace has both!

I always come here with visiting friends and family to have a drink or a light lunch in the open air Sky Terrace which overlooks the National Mall and provides stunning panoramas.

Hotel Washington is a historical hotel in the heart of downtown, DC located on the corner of 15th Street and Pennsylvania, one block from the White House, walking distances to the National Mall, museums, theatres and many other DC attractions. Built in 1917, it is the oldest continuously operating hotel in DC and is well known for its prestigious location, European style elegance and the most spectacular view of the city from its roof top restaurant, the Sky Terrace.

For the Sky Terrace Menu:

OPEN APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER

Beautiful view, reasonably priced food

by American_rob about Hotel Washington

Hotel Washington has an incredible view of the White House, Washington Monument, Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials from the rooftop covered balcony restaurant.

This is not a fancy place either. You can get a sandwich or very good salad for $7 - $9 and they have a great fruit and cheese plate that 2 or 3 can share. Good place to go for drinks before the night out, to watch the sunset, or to have a light snack.

The service matches the price of the food and not the setting as far as quality goes and the food is not up to your 4 star quality standards but you cannot do better than this location.

From washingtonpost.com:
Self-billed as the oldest continually operated D.C. hotel, it's best known for its White House location and rooftop deck with postcard panoramic views.

Even if you don't stay at the Hotel Washington, try to stop off at its rooftop deck for dinner or a drink. The view of the city, with the Washington Monument on one side and the White House on the other, is unparalleled. The vista is worth the detour, even if you're not staying here. Fruit and Cheese plate
Designer Salads
Sandwiches

Get an aerial view of the...

by geotect

Get an aerial view of the city. One option is going to the top of the Washington Monument. An alternative is the tower at the Old Post Office. If you don't have kids in tow, take the elevator to the top of the Hotel Washington, near the White House. The view from the Bar Terrace is wonderful, and a beer or cocktail there is a fitting end to a day of sightseeing. The Jefferson Memorial is the best thing on the mall. While other monuments are about wars and men it is about the ideas that gave birth to our nation.

My nephews and nieces vouch...

by syllybabe

My nephews and nieces vouch for the fact that our hotel was called the Washington Hotel. I tried to look it up online but couldn't find it or a picture of it so I guess I will just have to take their word for it. It was close to everything. I remember that the museums were all a walk away and so was the subway. On other visits to DC I've stayed with family and/or friends in Alexandria and McLean, Va. which is within a 20 min. drive to DC.
I thought it was pretty cheap to pay for a family room that would fit 5 for only $100.

Anne at Hotel WashingtonAnne at Hotel Washington

Just part of the View from the Hotel WashingtonJust part of the View from the Hotel Washington

Harrington Hotel Washington DC

by omik

Has anyone stayed at this hotel and what can you tell me about same. Location seems great and rate about $100, is that in reason or can you suggest better, ? We are seniors staying 3 nights in DC. Tours and any suggestions appreciated Aloha

July 4th family dining

by susquehannaretriever

I have a question about dining on the 4th of July in Washington, DC. I am taking my family for vacation to DC for the first time the week of the 4th of July. We would like to have dinner while watching the fireworks on the 4th. A rep. of the convention and visitors bureau suggested the restaurant at The Hotel Washington. When I looked up the menu, AND the pictures, on their website I don't think this is a place to take children. Any suggestions of where we can have dinner (2 kids, 2 adults), that either has outdoor dining or large windows from where we can see the fireworks while eating? I don't want to get down into the national mall into the mess of people w/ 2 children.

Please help, I want to make this a special trip.

Thanks,

Jeff susquehannaretriever@comcast.net

by Dean2006

Just out of curosity, what was the hotel they recommended that seemed inappropriate for kids but had a great view?

RE: RE: July 4th family dining

by Dean2006

Opps, I see, the Hotel Washington. Got it! Good Luck!

by LynnInDC

Cactus Cantina on the Southwest waterfront does a barbecue buffet on their outdoor deck. Also, new restaurant on Virginia side called Indigo Landing also has a great food and has an outdoor deck.

by silasm

The BEST view from a roof top restaurant that I know of is the Kennedy Center Roof Top Terrace Restaurant! They may have a special deal going on to see the fireworks. The view from the rooftop is far from the madding crowd...but you can expect a bad traffic jam leaving the restaurant if you are driving.

Silas

by gamma28md

There are parks on the Virginia side either near national airport (Gravelly Point) of Arlington cemetary that have great views, port-a-potties. Have a picnic.

Helicopter tours in Washington DC?

by stevie814

Hey everyone. My girlfriend and I are celebrating our anniversary in Washington DC (we live in NY). We're going to spend the weekend there and I was hoping to take her on a helicopter tour of the city but I cannot find anything at all. Do they even giver helicopter tours there or they don't for safety reasons? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

RE: Helicopter tours in Washington DC?

by cruiseplanners_ms

I found a site with a couple of national companies (I think).

Hope that helps...finding DC tours was tough!

=)

by stevie814

Hey, thanks for the links! I looked them up but unfortunately they offer helicopter rides everywhere except for DC. We already made plans to go to DC for the weekend (May 4-6) for our anniversary. I would love to surprise her somehow with something once we're there but I'm not familiar at all with DC. What kind of tour do you recommend? Do you know of anything romantic? Thanks for your help!

RE: Helicopter tours in Washington DC?

by VA_Dave

Since 9/11, and probably before, the DC skies have been off limits to overflights of any kind, unless you want get a fighter escort or worse.

Here are some of my DC faves:

Stay at the Tabard Inn where spies and foreign correspondents hang out:

Drinks at the top of the Hotel Washington, overlooking the White House and Washington Monument. (if the weather is nice and the rooftop terrace is open)

Take in a play at the intimate Folger Shakespeare Theater

Or maybe the DC rock scene is more your taste

Dinner at

L'Auberge Chez Francois
(located nearby in VA)

or better yet, dinner at the Inn at Little Washington (pricy! but nice)
located 2 hours west of DC in VA in the original Washington, VA

or the Tabard Inn restaurant

Have a great trip,

Dave

by Chehalis

I can't recommend a tour but Take her to the Washington Hotel go to the roof top terrace for dinner (It should be open) Great views of the city. White house etc.

by stevie814

Hey all, thanks for the help! The Hotel Washington sounds really nice. I'm going to look into that. I appreciate all of your help. Thank you so much!

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Grand Hyatt Washington
Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel
Latest: Apr 9, 2014
The Carlyle Suites Hotel
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
Westin Washington, DC City Center
AKA White House
Latest: Apr 12, 2014

Hotel Washington

W Hotels Washington Dc
W Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 515 15th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20004, United States