Hyatt Regency Washington DC

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• antistar's Profile Photo

Capitol Hill

The best thing about the regency is the convenience if you are arriving in Washington by train: It's right next to Union Station. It's also right next to Capitol Hill, so it's perfect for starting your tour of the National Mall. As that's central to everything touristic in the city, you are in a great spot. The downside to the location is that there isn't a lot of nightlife going on: there are few bars and restaurants nearby.

The hotel has perfectly fine rooms, comfortable, clean and well equipped. They charge for Internet, though, which is annoying. The foyer is amazing - you go down to it on an elevator and it's a grand, cavernous area filled with a gift shop, bar and restaurant. The gift shop is where you can buy drinks and snacks but it's hideously overpriced - again you have to walk a fair distance to the nearest supermarket so you at a disadvantage. The restaurant, though expensive, was really good.

The staff were excellent and overall my stay there was very enjoyable.

Directions: Walk up Louisiana Avenue from Union Station and take a right down D Street.

• MattandKim's Profile Photo

Here's Our Choice in Hotels in DC

We had beautiful accomodations, with king-sized bed and a gorgeous bathroom. The hotel also provides parking for a charge.

Discover the historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. There is easy access to all the attractions of our nation's capital from this perfect location in the heart of the ideal downtown neighborhood. Walk to The Smithsonian and the National Mall, tour government centers, visit monuments and museums, cheer on sports teams - all just minutes from the hotel.

Unique Quality: Within the accommodations, we found gracious service, deluxe amenities, extensive business facilities – a plush Grand King Sized Bed and tempting dining. For business travel or vacations, treat yourself to the premier luxury hotel in downtown Washington DC.

Directions: Capitol Hill Area

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

What Elegancy!

I had stayed here for a conference and it was wonderful. The room was elegant, great service, amenities enormous, and the people were so friendly and helpful!

The location was excellent too. Just down the street within Capitol Hill and just around the corner from Union Station and a metro access!

Unique Quality: It made you feel like you were first class the whole time. The restaurant was fabulous and friendly!

Directions: Just down the street from Captial Hill and just around the corner from the Union Station!

• Behind the times and in the minority

At this point in time I cant even describe my stay because I've only just made reservations. I was shocked to find that this hotel does not allow pets...not even small ones with their own kennel who are well behaved and hypoallergenic (schnauzer). We will be attending a convention there so making other arrangements is out of the question. I am now trying to find boarding that wont cost an arm and leg. Sad thing is the majority of other hotels -even the 4&5 star ones- DO allow pets. At >$200. a night youd think I could at least keep my best friend with me. :-(

More about Hyatt Regency Washington DC

A Good Deal for $55

We got the rooms for $55 on priceline. After that we learned that their was a $30 per night fee for the car. But, we had two rooms for 4 people so spread over it was ok. The room had just been redone. Very nice. We checked in in the rain and had lots of help. All staff were nice. We went out to eat in Chinatown and Union Station only 5 min. away. It was vacation for us, so we always look for cheaper food, no company to pick up the tab.
I have read some really bad things about this hotel, but I think that the managment has made a decision to do better. I would stay again, but remember I only paid $55 for the room.

I Would Recommend

Hyatt Regency is 4 (semi-long) blocks away from union station, which was convenient for me considering the metro/restaurants/shops are all located in the train station. If you're looking for something to eat OUTSIDE of the hotel, the only place i found was a deli (carryout only) across the street which was open till 9pm. The room service food was pretty good - if you're a tabasco fan - they give those lil mini-punt ones. I had a GUESTROOM on the 2nd floor - smoking - renovated room. the bathrooms had marble floors and glass shower doors. and the decor of the room is contemporary modern/ bed is super comfy. slept like a rock. i liked that they had a 3 drawer dresser. i stuffed everything in there rather than picking in and out from my suitcase all weekend. it made it feel more like home. okay but that's no biggy. the firehouse wasn't horrible as the review i've read - and i was in front of the hotel. renting a frigerator (small dorm size) was 25 for my whole stay. i advise you pick up a few things for late night munchies because union station store and the deli across the street closes at 9pm. and the gift shop/perk/restaurant is not your best bet if you're tight on cash. the only complaint i have is the hallway smelled musty - and so did the room. you get used to it, but i wish i had brought a candle or something of the sort. so 170 for 2 nights - i think this place was a great deal - i liked my room minus the mustiness.

Wonderful Comfy Beds!

We recently stayed at the Hyatt while my husband attended a conference held there. We had a great stay. We found the staff to be very friendly. Our room was one of the recently renovated rooms. The beds are wonderful! Each bed has down bed pads, comforter, and 4 pillows. It is very pricey though. Valet parking is the only thing available. Plan on $30-$40/day for parking. We found the food to be expensive. We walked to Union Station several times for meals. If possible take drinks with you. The swimming/exercise room is also extra per day. Great location to the Capitol and metro.

Ok but bring extra money for the hotel.

First the good: 2 blocks from the Capital and the Mall, 4 blocks for the Union Station. The room was very nice and had just been remodeled. Service was ok to.

Now the bad: Where should I start? I have stayed in a lot of hotel and never had to pay to use the swimming pool, yes that's right $12 per day. A local phone call was $1. There are no restaurants near by so, eat before you get there (take-out at Union Statation). Breakfast at the hotel is over priced big time, $14 for pancakes, a 16 oz bottle water in the room was $3.50 and donuts were a $1 each.

Here is the catch. I reserved my room online and got a pretty good rate ($99) but they did not say anything about parking. My wife when in to check in and the valet person told me it was $30 per night.

So, I am sure I will not stay there again.

Had a great stay

Traveled with a total of eight people. The reservation person was very helpful with arranging for handicap accessable room and transportation. Also staff aided in arranging wheelchair rental. Rooms were beautifully decorated and immaculate.(No hairs anywhere.) Great bed and bedding. Only problem was the food was very pricy. Solved by going across the street to Holiday Inn buffett which was a much better price. Would stay again.

Graet Location and hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member New Braunfels Traveler

Just got back from spending the weekend in D.C. at the Hyatt on Capital Hill. While this hotel is not on the scale of other Hyatts I have stayed at, neither is the price. It is the most bang for the buck you are going to get for such a excellent location. It is nice, clean and and has a very friendly staff. Beds are very comfortable, rooms clean. Resturant is also good. I would not hesitate to stay here again if coming to visit D.C. for another fun weekend. Only complaint is the rooms are not very soundproof and you can hear it everytime someone is going in or out of their room at night or everytime a siren goes by within 2 blocks. If you are a light sleeper (like I am) bring earplugs.

Nice Location

by TripAdvisor Member highdesertbadger

I recently spent two nights here on a business trip. The location is very nice. The hotel is in good condition and the staff were helpful and friendly. However even if you get a good room rate, the price of staying there can add up quickly. Parking was $30 per night. Eating or drinking there can be spendy. A cup of coffee at the Starbucks in the lobby was $4.00 (that's for regular coffee), and a beer at the lobby bar was $8.00. Maybe that's on par with other DC hotels but it would make sense to walk a few blocks to Union Station for much for affordable eats and drinks.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Hyatt Regency Washington DC

Hyatt Washington Dc
Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 400 New Jersey Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20001, United States