480 L'Enfant Plaza, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20024, United States

amextravel.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 18% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• crzymallard's Profile Photo

Not the best place to stay...

The L'Enfant promotes their site as Luxury. I noticed that in the lobby as soon as we walked into the hotel...very nice.

The gentleman who helped us with our luggage and the concierge were really nice and helpful. The people behind the front desk were NOT friendly and the person that checked us out was rude.

The rooms were NOT luxury, I would discribe it as run-down and tired. Our fridge did not work, and after a couple of hours of waiting for someone to fix it they didn't replace any of the items in the fridge that should of been cold before we checked in.

The hotel is in need of a serious remodel. I've stayed in better, cheaper hotels. We felt totally ripped off after paying the bill.

Unique Quality: Every meal we had in the hotel was great.

The hotel is located within walking distance of the National Mall.

More about L'Enfant Plaza Hotel

day-trip in DC

by jethanand

DCCirculator -

If you are in downtown area, an easy and inexpensive way to get around is to use the DC Circulator - go-around bright red bus lines operated by Metro.

From Metro web site - "The DC Circulator is a new bus service operating in the heart of Washington DC. Three routes serve the center city; a North/South route travels between the Washington Convention Center and the Southwest Waterfront everyday from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM, an East/West route travels from Union Station to Georgetown everyday from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM, and a Smithsonian/ National Gallery of Art route makes continuous loops around the National Mall everyday between 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM."

Correction added 12/12/2009 -
(This information will get out of date, so please use it as a starting point only)

"There are 2 loops originating at Union Station and three other loops intersecting them"
Union Station – Navy Yard Metro
Georgetown-Union Station Route

intersecting loop routes -
Woodley Park – Adams Morgan – McPherson Square Metro
Smithsonian/National Gallery of Art Loop
Convention Center-SW Waterfront Route

one of these takes you to Library of Congress and Capitol City, Senate Halls, Supreme Court
one takes you to offices at Lenfant Plaza and across the Washington Mall and the museums
another takes you to Georgetown past several office and commercial buildings , M street.

" Schedule and fares:

DC Circulator buses serve each stop every 5-10 minutes from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
The Circulator fare is $1.
Payment options include exact change, SmartTrip™ card, tickets from a multi-space meter, Metro transfers and passes. "

Pretty much on par with the other negative reviews

by TripAdvisor Member My_Pseudonym

I stayed in June 2003 for a wedding.

PROS: Convenient to Metro (underneath hotel) and airports (either via metro or taxi), Safe b/c there's not much else around the hotel, Walking distance of the Smithsonian Mall and Washington Monument, Beautiful atrium (where wedding was held), Friendly and helpful staff, Rooms are comfortable and a decent size (ones with 2 double beds)

CONS: Aging hotel (air conditioner did not work in hallways), Not convenient to any other restaurants (i.e. in Georgetown or Dupont Circle areas), Price is a little high (even with a group rate), Breakfast not worth $14.95, Taxis take an age to pick up late at night or early in AM, Rooftop pool has no views and limited hours

Amazed at some ratings..our experience was very good...

I'm stunned at reading some of the reviews (I'm reading them after our stay here.) We had a room for $130/night for two queen beds...very nice, comfortable, nice lobby with bar. The location was great with the metro attached as you were right in the middle of everything so we thought it was terrific. However, if you were driving or went "above ground" to the outside, you are in the middle of a concrete complex that is cold and feels isolated. But who needed it when we could walk covered to the metro and go whereever we wanted... we thought it was great.

Wonderful location, needs a makeover.

by TripAdvisor Member lovinthelocs

I attended a holiday ball the was held at Loews L'Enfant and the location is wonderful. Walked a flight a stairs beneath the hotel lobby to access the metro which is very convenient. Great location in relation to sightseeing, Smithsonian is a short walk away. The room was a nice size but the furniture was worn and stained. The thermostat had a high, medium, low setting dial and the air was cool or cold even. I decided to use the extra blanket and forego heat all together. The shower head was very old and hard to move to adjust the flow of water. Loews could use a major makeover with furniture and fixtures. After reading other reviews I was a little hesitant about staying there but they gave a discount rate for guests attending the ball. I would stay there again if for nothing more then how close it is to the museums and metro access.

stay away - major problems

by TripAdvisor Member Mark50

This property claims to be 4 star but I say 1 1/2 -2 at best.
Drafty windows, inadequate heating, broken unfixable television, unempowered staff.

While the location is good relative to the major museums, it is desolate at night and I would never stay here again.

I heard several people complaining so it wasn't just me.

Very disappointed

I was surprised at how dingy and rundown this hotel was. The wallpaper in the halls was peeling and the carpeting was deeply stained---I was concerned about walking barefoot in the room, and decided against it. The bathroom fixtures were extremely outdated, and the first time I went to take a shower, the faucet literally fell off in my hands. I had to call maintenance, and they indicated that stuff like that happened all the time. There's also this weird black and white TV in the bathroom that looks like it came from 1973. It only received one very fuzzy channel. The rooms were not very clean, and overall, I got the feeling I was in some cheap, roadside motel. On the plus side, the bathroom soaps/ lotions were nice, the staff seemed friendly and the hotel is located right above a Metro stop, so you can hop on a train and escape your depressing room. Sorry to leave such a negative review, but I feel like people should be warned about this place.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue

L Enfant Plaza Hotel
Lenfant Plaza Hotel
Hotel L Enfant Plaza

Address: 480 L'Enfant Plaza, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20024, United States