Washington D.C. Hotels

Our Members Say

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5424

Doubletree Crystal City: Decent Stay, Good Location

Location and price is why I chose this hotel. The location was within walking distance of the metro stop in the mall which was perfect since we planed on exploring the city that weekend. The price was good for the area and location.

Our room was a one bedroom suite located on the sixth floor with a partially obstructed view of the pentagon. The suite was large with a big living room with flat screen tv, sectional sleeper sofa, desk, bar area with fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a nice sizee with a tub and vanity. The bedromm had a kingsized bed, dresser, chair and flat screen TV.

We had issues with the heat when we first arrived and maintenece was sent promptly to check out the situation. After the heat began to come up with thought all would be well...so wrong. In the middle of the night the heat went off and plunged the room into the low 60's. We made the best of it and reported the issue when we were checking out on Sunday morning. They were nice about it; waving the paring fee of $26.

We did enjoy the lobby loung on Saturday night after we decided we were in for the night. I decided to have some beer while the ladies chose some cokes. The lobby bar was very comfortable and the service here was very attentive. Refills of drinks magically appeared before we even finished the last drop of our drinks.

We opted not to enjoy the free breakfast here but were able to use the vouchers toward items in their takeaway cafe. We stocked up on some snacks, water and a couple of hot chocolates and tea for the road.

Would I stay here again; probably not. There are so many better options in the area and I have become spoiled by staying at the Park Hyatt in Georgetown.

• Written January 6, 2014

• Dymphna1 profile photo Dymphna1
  • Reviews: 216

Lansdowne Resort: Best place for the airport to put you

The plane we were one had mechanical problems, United put us up here, it helps to be nice to the clerk. This was really luxurious. It has a golf course as well as many other facilities. The breakfast was wonderful with many choices. It was expensive at about $20. We took a walk around the grounds and found deer down along the river.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written January 27, 2013

• Heatonkbrewer profile photo Heatonkbrewer
  • Reviews: 5

Westin Georgetown: DC hotel with great central location

Hi! Last time we were in DC we stayed at the Westin Georgetown. We did not have a car either. It was close to a metro station to utilize public transit, and also very close to Georgetown (short 5-10 min walk). Georgetown had tons of restaurants, shopping and nightlife. The hotel was newer, modern amenities and was clean. Also a trader joes a block away if you wanted to go buy some snacks.

Close to public transit as well as within walking distance to Georgetown restaurants and nightlife.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written December 31, 2012

• genki44 profile photo genki44
  • Reviews: 60

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Donovan House: Donovan House w/ roof top pool & bar!

My friend's Mom stayed here when she flew in last minute and was able to get a room at this great, posh, boutique style Thompson Hotel - The Donovan House.

Located in a great part of the city and it has a beautiful rooftop pool and bar!

• Written April 5, 2011

• mindcrime profile photo mindcrime
  • Reviews: 2958

Sleep Inn & Suites BWI Airport: near BWI airport

This hotel is actually located near Baltimore airport and we stayed here for one night because we had an early flight from BWI airport (usually the budget flights are from here). Most of their customers book a room for the same reason, that’s why they offer breakfast from 4.00 the morning :)

The room was typical, big and clean but we only stayed here for some hours of sleeping before we go to the airport so I don’t really have much to say about it.

They also offer free transfer to/from the airport and the train station (we had to call them from the train station upon our arrival and they came 10’ later)

• Written November 9, 2010

Sleep Inn & Suites BWI Airport

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4678

The District Hotel: Excellent Location

I was trying to help a friend find a place that was a centrally located near the main attractions and the metro. This place boasted at being as centrally located, especially after looking at a map. I have to say I was cringing because you just never know. As it turns out, the place was not bad at all. Not great, but not bad. It is located very near restuarants, pubs, and all the main landmarks and the metro is a very easy walk. They have parking behind the hotel, but was not sure if the car would survive, but it did. She mentioned the rooms were ok, but did say the beds were very comfortable. The staff was helpful, but did have to challenge them when they told her she be paying full price and it was not the price she booked. Yet, she got the price she asked for, so that all worked out. She has recommend I try it next time I travel with my family. So I just might do that.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 30, 2010
Tip Photo

• richiecdisc profile photo richiecdisc
  • Reviews: 5929

Inn of Rosslyn: just across the Potomic

This was one of the first times I pre-booked a room for a trip and also one of the few times I did my entire search online. To be honest, it was only the second time I had ever flown into a US city as a tourist destination and with only a few days to explore I did not want to spend time looking for a room like I might normally do on a longer trip.

I found a few but the Inn of Rosslyn was the most convenient and second cheapest I found while retaining a fairly good review from Internet users that had stayed there. When we arrived, it was slightly further than we thought from the Metro stop but after getting our orientation down better, it really was not far at all aside from coming back at night when it seemed just as far as that first trip!

The room was clean and functional if a bit worn but the beds were comfortable and the shower certainly worked well enough. It was in a decent neighborhood and while it was dark on the way to it when we returned each night, we were never bothered by anyone. They also had a very good breakfast consisting of bagels with cream cheese, donuts, orange juice and coffee. Everything was quite fresh and since we were up early every day to get out and take photos, we always got the best selection! :)

It was $109 per night and while this is a lot more than I normally spend on a room, DC has so many free attractions that you can afford to spend more on accommodation.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Road Trip
  • Written April 25, 2010

no, not the Inn, it's the Old Stone House

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1143

Day's Inn: Low rates

Things tend to be a bit expensive in Washington, so if you find an inexpensive hotel like this one, don’t expect it to be a luxury accommodation. I had seen mixed reviews so my expectations were not high. As we had nine in our party I was looking for inexpensive and convenient to Regan National and Arlington Cemetery and this filled those criteria. The place could definitely use a sprucing up but the beds were clean and comfortable and the toilet and shower clean. The breakfast is the standard and mediocre US motel “continental breakfast”: bagels, cereal, juice, coffee and assorted donuts and sweet rolls. I didn’t even take any photos other than the one of the giant pile of icy snow which had been removed for parking and our family loading up the van.

• Written February 24, 2010

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5800

Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Old Town Alexandria

Kimpton's hotel Monaco is the most expensive hotel in Alexandria, but it has the best location and the nicest accommodations. It is located in the heart of Old Town closer to the water than any other major King Street lodging option. Prices are often as high as $200 in the off season, only going up from there. They have 241 rooms with free internet, huge flat screen TVs, and amazing rooms, some with two levels, and others as big as 1600 square feet! This impressive hotel has a pool, spa, fitness center, a nice restaurant and much more. The historic hotel was founded in 1749 and was formerly a Holiday Inn before reopening as the Monaco in 2008. The hotel offers free breakfast and free coffee in the lobby, but doesn't have coffee makers in the rooms... but, for some reason, my room had two phones.

When I checked in there was a gold fish named Lucy on the front desk. I asked the employee how many Lucys they had gone through, thinking they would only live a day or two, but he informed me the maids keep a big tank full of fish, so they can rotate them out of the non-aerated bowls and they live longer. The second day of my stay, there was a goldfish in a bowl, just sitting in the hallway. Supposedly they will even "loan" you a fish to brighten up your room during your stay. It would be more fun to borrow a puppy.

They also feature a very good restaurant called Jackson 20 that is supposedly named after the president and his dollar bill. They also have conference facilities and an outdoor courtyard.

The fortunes of James W. Jackson, a southerner from Alexandria, and Elmer E. Ellsworth, a Union Army Colonel clashed in Alexandria on 24 May 1861. On this day, the Union Army invaded northern Virginia, shortly after the state voted to secede from the Union. Northern troops from New York, including Col Ellsworth entered Alexandria, and quickly occupied the town. In the center of town at the Marshall House (where the Hotel Monaco stands today) a brave James Jackson was flying the Confederate flag. Ellsworth entered the Marshall House and removed the flag, only to be confronted and shot by Jackson, the inn's owner. Ellsworth died at the scene and Jackson was executed a short time later. Col Ellsworth was the first Union officer killed in the war, and his name became a rallying cry for the northern military. Jackson too became a martyr for the southern cause, as he represented a man trying to defend his home from Northern invaders.

A plaque at the Monaco hotel is dedicated to Jackson, and it celebrates his defense of the South. It reads: "The Marshall House stood upon this site, and within the building on the early morning of May 24, 1861 James W. Jackson was killed by Federal Soldiers while defending his property and personal rights, as stated in the verdict of coroners jury. He was the first Martyr to the cause of Southern Independence. The Justice of History does not allow his name to be forgotten. Not in the excitement of battle, but coolly, and for a great principle, he laid down his life, an example to all, in defence [sic] of his home and the sacred soil of his native state Virgina."

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written February 7, 2010

• laurenzi1 profile photo laurenzi1
  • Reviews: 45

Alexandria Hilton Mark Center: great hotel

Full service hotel with everything you need. The fitness center could use a face lift, but other than that, everything was perfect. The hotel resturant was pricey (but which hotel resturant isn't) but the food was always served just right. Samuel Adams beer on tap was very nice.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 13, 2009

• abi_maha profile photo abi_maha
  • Reviews: 581

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center: Secure by the side of Pentagon

We were thrilled to get a good deal on hotwire, however beware these good deals come at a cost, not everything that's promised as free on their site will be available to us deal hunters. So we did not have free wifi, we did not even get a newspaper every day and they acted really miserly about the towels!! Not my idea of a perfect accommodation for the kind of monies we paid! Even parking was not only charged a tax for the same was also imposed on us for the same! For those of you travelling with a lot of luggage beware you have to lug it yourselves to the room and the parking lot is painfully away from the hotel lobby! We had very lil on us so this didn't matter but we saw a couple of other disgruntled families struggling with their kids and the luggage.

Good rooms, great views and they also gave us a microwave since we requested for it and really good coffee! We also enjoyed our walk around the fountains and by the pool.

• Written September 9, 2009

The Hilton

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1305

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Crystal City Hotel: Convenient Accomodations but Just Average

This hotel is actually located in Arlington, VA. It's a block away from the DC Metro station and only a few minutes away from the Washinton Mall. This particular Sheraton wasn't as nice as some of the Sheratons I have stayed at. Nothing stood out about this particular hotel. In fact, I didn't take any photos because there wasn't much to share. There are lots and lots of hotels to choose from. I would definitely take into consideration a hotel near the metro because it is quite easy to get around town without a car.

None

• Related to: Seniors, Women's Travel
  • Written January 22, 2009

• GracesTrips profile photo GracesTrips
  • Reviews: 1305

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gaylord National Resort & Conference Center: Fairly New, Gigantic Resort Complex!

If you have never stayed at a Gaylord Resort, you don't know what you are missing! And, this one in DC is fairly new. The Gaylord resorts tend to be a city unto itself with amazing landscaping in an all enclosed, controlled environment. The rooms are plush and extremely confortable. I will stayed here for half of the week for a business conference and then stayed at the Sheratonin Arlington. It's 15 minutes from Reagan National Airport and 45 minutes from Dulles International Airport. The resort sits on the Potomac River where you can take a water taxi into historic Old Town Alexandria or access to the DC area with an hourly shuttle service. Located just south of the DC area. What I enjoyed about this Gaylord Resort was that you can leave the premises and find a great little shopping area across the street. That was quite enjoyable.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written January 22, 2009
Tip Photo

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 250

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn - Rosslyn at Key Bridge: Bad Hotel, Great Location

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The majority of my stays occurred from 2000 through 2002. The hotel was never spectacular, but it was okay back then and the location was great for my business purposes. I chose this hotel again in 2007 because of its location near the finish line of the Marine Corps Marathon. I am sad to say it hasn't changed since the early 2000's. With the lack of renovations, the carpeting, furniture and linens/towels are old. I had to ask to be switched from my original room because the door molding around the door was so damaged and warped (it was quite obvious it had been pried in the past) that I could stick my car key in the gap and open the door. Other than the poor room conditions, I give the restaurants mixed reviews. If you head to the top of the hotel to the Vantage Point, the view is spectacular and the food is great. If for some reason you decide to eat at the short order restaurant on the second floor, you will be greatly disappointed with the wait and the unkept eating area.

Great location across the key bridge from Georgetown and just 1 block from the Rosslyn Metro stop.

Free garage parking as a guest.

• Written June 20, 2008

• Ericasmurf99 profile photo Ericasmurf99
  • Reviews: 392

Days Inn Pentegon: Best price

Days Inn Pentegon is definatly the cheapest place to stay for a visit to D.C/Arlington. Most of the reviews I read on the place were more on the negetive side (people said it was dirty, noise, etc) but I have to say it was pretty descent. Our room was clean, beds were comfortable, hot shower, and a good continental breakfast was included. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel and also a McDonalds.

• Written February 10, 2008

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.
4.5 out of 5 stars