Washington D.C. Hotels

• kbl profile photo kbl
  • Reviews: 273

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton Crystal City Hotel: Sheraton Crystal City Hotel

The Sheraton Crystal City Hotel is located next to a metro station that brings you to the heart of DC. It's a quiet hotel, even if at the time I stayed here in March, the hotel was rebuilt.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written July 21, 2005

Sheraton Crystal City Hotel

• VA_Dave profile photo VA_Dave
  • Reviews: 90

Try Craig's List: Looking for some special kind of accommodation?

There are many housing postings on Craig's list about:

apts / housing
real estate for sale

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 14, 2005

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn -- Arlington: Breakfast time!

The full hot breakfast is served here daily in the comfortable and spacious living room-style dining area.

• Written April 28, 2005

Trina enjoying breakfast

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn, Rosslyn: One more look!

Here's a wide view of the main area of our Junior Suite, which includes a nice view over Rosslyn. Rosslyn itself looked very safe, with lots of office buildings and several tempting places to eat, although we ate in central DC each day.

See tips above.

The fam in our room

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn, Arlington: Another look...

Here is a look at the sitting area. The couch opens up to be a small full-size rollaway, so the room sleeps three easily, and probably four (as long as two are relatively small!).

See tip above.

Lounging in our Junior Suite

Residence Inn, Arlington: Stay in Rosslyn, across the Potomac from DC

If you want to avoid the high cost of staying in central DC, try Rosslyn, just a short (and cheap--$1.35) Metro stop away from all the sites, across the Potomac from DC. We chose the Residence Inn, and it is a fantastic hotel.

Full hot breakfast and mid-week dinners, served in the lovely dining room.
Cookies and coffee always available in the lobby.
All-suite rooms, including kitchen (stove, refridgerator, utensils, table, and even a dishwasher!), bathroom, comfortable beds, sitting area with couches, and spacious closet.
Very little noise, unless we just happened to have silent neighbors!

Tip Photo

Our kitchen in the junior suite

• tpangelinan profile photo tpangelinan
  • Reviews: 1355

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Comfort Inn at the Pentagon: Comfort Inn at the Pentagon, don't do it.

This is ruffing it folks. I made my reservation a month before, and they put us next to the elevator shaft any way, even though I directly asked otherwise, (might as well have slept on a airport runway, its so noisy). No refridgerator in our room, even though there was supposed to be one. We brought drinks for nothing. I went to put my slippers on and they were covered in ants....yuck, if I wanted to go camping, I would go camping. Sink area leaking all over. I called down to desk, no manager, he dosen't know who she is, dosen't know when she'll be back. Most of the employees act like English is not something they know about. Wow. Comfort Inn? Uncomfort Inn is really more like it. She deducted from my room $25.00, wow. The restaurant was...top five of worst ever. The worst part is the manager recomended the restaurant to us after we asked where is a good one! (I should have known she was a total liar after that). Not really a restaurant, but more like a bad, bad, dirty tattered dining room with a bad caterer, and worse service for real. Those ants on my slippers...'horror-movie quality memory', OK?

They share an outdoor pool with the Best Western, who takes bus loads of kids at a time. I really can't believe this is a Choice Hotel. Make a better choice.
I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Related to: School Holidays
  • Written April 15, 2005
Tip Photo

It looks good, but the reality...

• ct-bound profile photo ct-bound
  • Reviews: 124

3* hotels in Bethesda: How to stay in DC nice AND cheap

I stayed in Bethesda, which was a beautiful, upscale town just on the outskirts of DC. It's got all the different ethnic restaurants you could want, coffee shops, grocery stores, and the like.

And, it's only a 15 minute metro ride into DC, right at the 'Mall', where everything is centred.

All the Betheda hotels (n=3) are upwards of $100 per night, BUT! If you go on www.priceline.com, and put in a 'bid' of $50 for a 3* hotel in Bethesda, you will usually get it (or so I was told by a local)!

Lemme know how it works!

• Written March 1, 2005
Tip Photo

• chappleg profile photo chappleg
  • Reviews: 27

A Cheaper Stay in the Suburbs

When visiting DC you may choose to stay in the city itself, or in the surrounding areas. While staying in the city may put you in the heart of the attractions, it is also very expensive. Consider staying in one of the surrounding areas where you may catch the metro train into the city for your sight seeing. Look at the metro system map (www.wmata.com) and then select an area to search for hotels. I would recommend the virginia side along the orange or blue line. This would put you in Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, or Fairfax, Virginia.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written January 10, 2005

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4148

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hyatt Regency Crystal City: Priceline in Crystal City, Arlington VA

After bidding on Priceline up to $90 per night for a more centrally located hotel, I changed my plan to bid for Crystal City which is one metro stop away from Reagan National airport. I got this hotel for $50 per night. Crystal City is actually in Arlington VA but is very convenient to DC. I think it took me about 15 minutes by metro to get into the central area of DC.

The Hyatt is one of the least convenient hotels to the Crystal City metro, on foot it is about 15-20 minutes. The Hyatt does have a shuttle from the metro that runs every 1/2 hour or so but it was not very well marked. As you come out of the metro, do a U turn and walk over to where you see bus shelters and ask if they are waiting for hotel shuttles.

Within 4 or 5 blocks of the hotel there are many restaurants, mostly on 23rd St. The hotel recommended Portofino, an Italian place or Jaleo which is the one we tried. There is also a Legal Seafoods, Chili's and McDonald's nearby.

I grabbed breakfast at the Safeway grocery store in the Crystal City underground mall, there was also an Au Bon Pain but it wasn't open yet.

For $50 per night this was a perfectly fine hotel, check in was quick, check out can be done by phone or on the TV. The room didn't have a lot of extra amenities-no in room safe, no mini bar or refrigerator, no internet hookup.

But it was comfortable enough, the shower had plenty of hot water and the bed was comfortable.

• Written October 20, 2004

Hyatt Crystal City

• SarahJay profile photo SarahJay
  • Reviews: 5

Bull Moose Bnb On Capitol Hil: Atmospheric and friendly

I only stayed 2 nights, but I loved this hotel, and plan to stay there again if/when I return to Washington.

The owner was out when I arrived, but one of the other guests let me in, and showed me where my key was stored!

The stairs were creaky, but the room was beautifully furnished, light and airy. Just so very charming!

Situated off-centre, in a quiet, beautiful residential street, nevertheless not far from Union station, and everything is easily within walking distance.

I don't remember the price exactly, I will check and update, but it was very reasonable.

Breakfast is served at one big table, with all the guests together, and you help yourself to home made bread and muffins from the sideboard.

If you want juice or milk, coffee or tea, just go and fetch as much as you want from the kitchen! There's no formality, its just like bing at home!

There's also a selection of international newspapers, which you can discuss round the table, or go and sit in the lounge to read quietly.

• Written July 12, 2004

• Teddy181 profile photo Teddy181
  • Reviews: 9

Sheraton National Hotel: A well kept secret

The Sheraton National Hotel is a great hotel to stay in when visiting Washington DC. It is not exactly located in DC but is instead across the Potomac River in Arlington, VA. This hotel looks old and unappealing on the outside, but the inside has been completely redone. The inside of this hotel is very nice. And best of all....time your trip right and this hotel can be very inexpensive.

Get a city view and you will have some of the best views of Washington DC and the Potomac River! The roof top pools is not that great. It is a little small and shows the age of the building. But the city views from the pool are spectacular! The restaurant was good. I ate there for breakfast only. There are so many great restaurants in this area, why eat in a hotel restaurant?

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written June 21, 2004

• Aufgahoben profile photo Aufgahoben
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cherry Hill Campground and R.V. Park: The Perfect Place to Stay Near D.C.

Their website and brochure do not do them justice. Cherry Hill was by far the nicest R.V. park I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. I generally avoid R.V. parks and prefer the more natural setting of a tent campground, but in this case we wanted to rent a cabin. They were a very reasonable $55.00 per night and included sleeping accommodations for 4, a kitchenette and small dining area plus a porch with a swing and a nice fire pit. The restrooms/shower houses were clean and well lit and were within a few yards of our cabin. (The tent sites were great too I noted!) The property was immaculate and the staff was incredible. There are 2 play grounds and a community center with a gameroom, grill, big screen t.v. and 2 pools and a hot tub! We happened to arrive at the same time as Hurricane Isabel, so most of our stay was without power, but we still managed to have a great time. The staff handled it all as if it were just another day. The icing on the cake were the free tractor rides around the campground every night at dusk.

The extra added touches like the brick sidewalks lined with flowers and the convenience store that had almost anything you could possibly need helped to make this an outstanding campground. The bus stop was right at the front gate too, which made travel into D.C. a snap.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 24, 2004

Cherry Hill Park cabin after Hurricane Isabel

• kumachan200x profile photo kumachan200x
  • Reviews: 228

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sheraton National Hotel: located near Ronald Reagan National Airport ?

Ideally located near Ronald Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon, the Sheraton National Hotel provides business and leisure travelers with easy access to the many attractions of our nation's capital.

Free Airport Transportation (Limited)

• Written February 29, 2004

Photo:Starwood.com

• bugalugs profile photo bugalugs
  • Reviews: 1328

Days Hotel & Conference Centre: Near the airport

When we visited in August 2003 we decided to stay near the airport, and as my husband had already stayed in this hotel on business and he liked it, we stayed here.

A free hotel shuttle bus picked us up at the aiport and took us to the hotel about 2 miles away.

The hotel was really nice, lovely and roomy and clean.

Herndon town centre was about 15 minutes walk, but there were shops and restaurants, within 5 minutes walk away.

Getting into DC itself was really easy, we just took the shuttle bus back to the hotel, jumped on the bus that costs $2 into DC and 40 minutes later we were there. I think because we were staying weekends nights it maybe cheaper thn in the week when there are more business people there. I scoured the net for the best price and we paid $55 including tax per night, which I thought was really good.

There is a room with pc's available, free of charge. A great indoor swimming pool, which the boys used. Bar and Grill, which was also where breakfast was served. A great buffet breakfast, including eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, cereals, pancakes, yogurts, fruit. This was extra I think about $7 dollars each. An exercise/fitness room, the boys used this as well. Ample parking (free).

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written November 8, 2003

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.
4.5 out of 5 stars