Washington D.C. Hotels

Our Members Say

• apuleuis profile photo apuleuis
  • Reviews: 138

Radisson Reagan National Airprt: New Radisson hotel

I'm very suprised I can't find any other reviews for this hotel. It was one of the best priced hotels I found, I paid $67 a night (plus tax). It's right in Crystal City, 3 blocks from the subway, same line that takes you to the Mall, Pentagon and Arlington cemetary. Nice hotel, friendly staff, outdoor pool, good shuttle service, microwave and fridge in room (saved me some restaurant money). I liked it.

• Written August 18, 2006

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn, Arlington: Another look...

Here is a look at the sitting area. The couch opens up to be a small full-size rollaway, so the room sleeps three easily, and probably four (as long as two are relatively small!).

See tip above.

• Written April 27, 2005

Lounging in our Junior Suite

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn, Rosslyn: One more look!

Here's a wide view of the main area of our Junior Suite, which includes a nice view over Rosslyn. Rosslyn itself looked very safe, with lots of office buildings and several tempting places to eat, although we ate in central DC each day.

See tips above.

• Written April 27, 2005

The fam in our room

• solopes profile photo solopes
  • Reviews: 3959

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quality Inn & Suites - Laurel: With the train in my pillow

This was one of my three bad experiences in American hotels (the other were in Los Angeles and New Jersey). The hotel itself had nothing particularly good or bad, it was a common mid class hotel, but its location by the railroad, transformed the night in an impossible sleep.

From times to times the noise and vibration of the passing train neutralised any good intention to sleep.

I admit that some rooms... in another location... maybe... but this, was my experience.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel
  • Written May 12, 2006

Washington - USA

• abi_maha profile photo abi_maha
  • Reviews: 581

Hilton Alexandria Mark Center: Secure by the side of Pentagon

We were thrilled to get a good deal on hotwire, however beware these good deals come at a cost, not everything that's promised as free on their site will be available to us deal hunters. So we did not have free wifi, we did not even get a newspaper every day and they acted really miserly about the towels!! Not my idea of a perfect accommodation for the kind of monies we paid! Even parking was not only charged a tax for the same was also imposed on us for the same! For those of you travelling with a lot of luggage beware you have to lug it yourselves to the room and the parking lot is painfully away from the hotel lobby! We had very lil on us so this didn't matter but we saw a couple of other disgruntled families struggling with their kids and the luggage.

Good rooms, great views and they also gave us a microwave since we requested for it and really good coffee! We also enjoyed our walk around the fountains and by the pool.

• Written September 9, 2009

The Hilton

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 250

Sharaton National Hotel: Stay near the Pentagon

This is a beautiful hotel with great amenities for Starwood members. The club level (floor 14) offers breakfast from 6:00-9:00 am and hor’dourves from 5:30-6:30 pm.

There is a rooftop pool with limited hours and a small gym. I was disappointed to find the pool closed at 1130. Apparently, it doesn’t open until 4:00 pm.

The hotel does not have easy access to the Metro. Ask the hotel for a shuttle or you will find yourself walking under the highway to get to Pentagon Row.

Roof top pool
Adjacent to the Air Force Memorial and the Pentagon's Navy Annex

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written October 30, 2007

• Ewingjr98 profile photo Ewingjr98
  • Reviews: 5703

Kimpton Hotel Monaco, Old Town Alexandria

Kimpton's hotel Monaco is the most expensive hotel in Alexandria, but it has the best location and the nicest accommodations. It is located in the heart of Old Town closer to the water than any other major King Street lodging option. Prices are often as high as $200 in the off season, only going up from there. They have 241 rooms with free internet, huge flat screen TVs, and amazing rooms, some with two levels, and others as big as 1600 square feet! This impressive hotel has a pool, spa, fitness center, a nice restaurant and much more. The historic hotel was founded in 1749 and was formerly a Holiday Inn before reopening as the Monaco in 2008. The hotel offers free breakfast and free coffee in the lobby, but doesn't have coffee makers in the rooms... but, for some reason, my room had two phones.

When I checked in there was a gold fish named Lucy on the front desk. I asked the employee how many Lucys they had gone through, thinking they would only live a day or two, but he informed me the maids keep a big tank full of fish, so they can rotate them out of the non-aerated bowls and they live longer. The second day of my stay, there was a goldfish in a bowl, just sitting in the hallway. Supposedly they will even "loan" you a fish to brighten up your room during your stay. It would be more fun to borrow a puppy.

They also feature a very good restaurant called Jackson 20 that is supposedly named after the president and his dollar bill. They also have conference facilities and an outdoor courtyard.

The fortunes of James W. Jackson, a southerner from Alexandria, and Elmer E. Ellsworth, a Union Army Colonel clashed in Alexandria on 24 May 1861. On this day, the Union Army invaded northern Virginia, shortly after the state voted to secede from the Union. Northern troops from New York, including Col Ellsworth entered Alexandria, and quickly occupied the town. In the center of town at the Marshall House (where the Hotel Monaco stands today) a brave James Jackson was flying the Confederate flag. Ellsworth entered the Marshall House and removed the flag, only to be confronted and shot by Jackson, the inn's owner. Ellsworth died at the scene and Jackson was executed a short time later. Col Ellsworth was the first Union officer killed in the war, and his name became a rallying cry for the northern military. Jackson too became a martyr for the southern cause, as he represented a man trying to defend his home from Northern invaders.

A plaque at the Monaco hotel is dedicated to Jackson, and it celebrates his defense of the South. It reads: "The Marshall House stood upon this site, and within the building on the early morning of May 24, 1861 James W. Jackson was killed by Federal Soldiers while defending his property and personal rights, as stated in the verdict of coroners jury. He was the first Martyr to the cause of Southern Independence. The Justice of History does not allow his name to be forgotten. Not in the excitement of battle, but coolly, and for a great principle, he laid down his life, an example to all, in defence [sic] of his home and the sacred soil of his native state Virgina."

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written February 7, 2010

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 250

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn - Rosslyn at Key Bridge: Bad Hotel, Great Location

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The majority of my stays occurred from 2000 through 2002. The hotel was never spectacular, but it was okay back then and the location was great for my business purposes. I chose this hotel again in 2007 because of its location near the finish line of the Marine Corps Marathon. I am sad to say it hasn't changed since the early 2000's. With the lack of renovations, the carpeting, furniture and linens/towels are old. I had to ask to be switched from my original room because the door molding around the door was so damaged and warped (it was quite obvious it had been pried in the past) that I could stick my car key in the gap and open the door. Other than the poor room conditions, I give the restaurants mixed reviews. If you head to the top of the hotel to the Vantage Point, the view is spectacular and the food is great. If for some reason you decide to eat at the short order restaurant on the second floor, you will be greatly disappointed with the wait and the unkept eating area.

Great location across the key bridge from Georgetown and just 1 block from the Rosslyn Metro stop.

Free garage parking as a guest.

• Written June 20, 2008

• cjg1 profile photo cjg1
  • Reviews: 5415

Doubletree Crystal City: Decent Stay, Good Location

Location and price is why I chose this hotel. The location was within walking distance of the metro stop in the mall which was perfect since we planed on exploring the city that weekend. The price was good for the area and location.

Our room was a one bedroom suite located on the sixth floor with a partially obstructed view of the pentagon. The suite was large with a big living room with flat screen tv, sectional sleeper sofa, desk, bar area with fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a nice sizee with a tub and vanity. The bedromm had a kingsized bed, dresser, chair and flat screen TV.

We had issues with the heat when we first arrived and maintenece was sent promptly to check out the situation. After the heat began to come up with thought all would be well...so wrong. In the middle of the night the heat went off and plunged the room into the low 60's. We made the best of it and reported the issue when we were checking out on Sunday morning. They were nice about it; waving the paring fee of $26.

We did enjoy the lobby loung on Saturday night after we decided we were in for the night. I decided to have some beer while the ladies chose some cokes. The lobby bar was very comfortable and the service here was very attentive. Refills of drinks magically appeared before we even finished the last drop of our drinks.

We opted not to enjoy the free breakfast here but were able to use the vouchers toward items in their takeaway cafe. We stocked up on some snacks, water and a couple of hot chocolates and tea for the road.

Would I stay here again; probably not. There are so many better options in the area and I have become spoiled by staying at the Park Hyatt in Georgetown.

• Written January 6, 2014
Tip Photo

• mattreider profile photo mattreider
  • Reviews: 116

Bethesda Court Hotel: Good Deal

Nestled in Bethesda, one of those convenient office parks dedicated to government contractors and condominiums, the Bethesda Court hotel can be had at right around a hundred bucks a night, a decent rate in the overheated DC market.

Another good looking hotel.

Great location near Metro line for daytrips downtown, ample restaurants and nightlife for the evenings.

• Written November 7, 2005

• VA_Dave profile photo VA_Dave
  • Reviews: 90

Try Craig's List: Looking for some special kind of accommodation?

There are many housing postings on Craig's list about:

apts / housing

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 14, 2005

• shdw100 profile photo shdw100
  • Reviews: 329

Youth Hostel other hotels: Many different kinds.....

In the few times that I have stayed in DC, I stayed in the youth hostel as well as a 4 star hotel. Both places were great. For the 4 star hotel, I went to www. hotwire.com and found the hotel cheaper. The only thing that I would recommend is staying somewhere close to the downtown region where most of the museums and monuments are within walking distance.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 10, 2002

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn -- Arlington: Breakfast time!

The full hot breakfast is served here daily in the comfortable and spacious living room-style dining area.

• Written April 28, 2005

Trina enjoying breakfast

• American_rob profile photo American_rob
  • Reviews: 6

Travelers Circle: Next to the International Youth Hostel

Ok so this is not a place to stay but something to do if you are staying at the International Youth Hostel in DC.

DC Traveler's Circle (tc). tc is free! tc meets 6:30-10pm (show up/leave whenever) on the first Wednesday of every month, at the enlivening Kabab House, 1108 K Street, NW,
between 11th and 12th, 3 blocks north of Metro Center.

The Kabob place also has good and pretty inexpensive food.

Mark Laxer is the person that originally organized the group and can be reached at chimp@radix.net

This is a great group of people that share travelers tales and stories of adventure. Good place to get ideas and meet a bunch of really interesting people. You can expect as many as 50 or more people there and hear stories and read letters from people traveling all around the world.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written March 16, 2003

TC Wild and Crazy

• GUYON profile photo GUYON
  • Reviews: 1558

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Travelodge Hotel City Center: Travelodge Hotel City Center

100$ because we passed through a tour operator.

Parking : 11$ per day.

Near Thomas Circle in an area not particularly pleasant. But at 25 mn by foot from the White House (North frontage) by Vermont Street and Lafayette Square.

A continental complimentary breakfast. The rooms are dirty and tiny.

We had other occupiers with us : 2 cockroaches.

I recommend this hotel to the persons who like the camping.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written September 7, 2002
Tip Photo

Firemen in the hotel after a water damage

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful

Instant Answers: Washington D.C.

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.
471 Opinions