Marriott Metro Center

Booking.com Marriott.com Priceline.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

Great Location -- a chain with no surprises

Simply standard Marriott. Step right out to the city metro, or just cross the street to a good mid price department store for basic shopping.

More about Marriott Metro Center

Marriott Metro Center Great Location

I visited Marriott Metro in March 2006. This hotel was great, I stayed over a weekend and can not come up with very many problems. The valet attendants were great and very courteous. The check in was smooth. The conceirge desk was great. It was one clerk, Neferitti, she was awesome. She helped us answer every question we had and never stopped smiling. She looked as if she was enthuised about her job and actually went out of her way a lot to help us out. The hotel was very clean, which is very important to me. The beds are AWESOME! The room was a nice size and the bathrooms were very clean. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this hotel a 8.5 hands down!

Great Location, Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SLRoberts

I stayed at the Marriott Metro Center for a weekend in January and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is within walking distance of the National Mall and three metro stations. In addition, there are many great restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and well-appointed. I was surprised at how quiet it was inside the hotel and the room, despite the fact that it is located on a busy street. The hotel has a bar, restaurant, and a Starbucks located inside. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and would definitely stay there again on my next visit to D.C.

I've Stayed at better, but it's nice!

by TripAdvisor Member bccoreo

We stayed here for one night, 7/16. We checked in early and were given a concierge level room! Too bad the lounge is CLOSED on the weekends :( We just wanted to sit in there, but you can't even gain access! Ah well. The room was LOVELY; it actually reminded me of the Westin (particularly in the bathroom; the shower was like a gentle rain!). The view...well, there is none. But, who cares? The Starbucks downstairs wasn't staffed either, which was a disappointment, because we hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Luckily, there is a Cosi in the building next door. Yes, the Metro is steps away from the front door, but you can also walk right down the street to the city's attractions. It's approx. 6-7 blocks off of the Mall, 3 blocks from Pennnsylvania Ave. After a loooooong day of site-seeing, it's nice to know we were steps from the hotel's front door. We had pizza delivered to the hotel to save money on room service. We did order some French Onion soups as an appetizer, and it was yummy! $21 for two servings, though...OUCH! Bed was comfy, the pillows were not. TOO SOFT! Due to a storm, we lost the satellite TV for about an hour. But the storm was entertaining enough to us that it didn't matter :) I didn't like the valet staff at the front door; they were a little too "relaxed" with their language and were quite fond of mentioning how they couldn't wait to go home (nice, huh?).

Overall, I would only recommend this hotel if a view is not important and easy access to the sites is.

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member EJaxn

I was pleasantly surprised by this Marriott as I tend to be quite picky with hotels. I was expecting some of the older Marriott decor, but the rooms have actually been redone. As another poster mentioned, the shower and bathroom were very nice. I also agree the pillows were flat, but otherwise I loved the bed and bedding. I used my Rewards points for the stay and they were definitely well spent. Additionally, we never ended up using the Metro, as most things were in easy walking distance. I highly recommend the hotel. I also think it had a great gym.

The only area for improvement involves the staff. The housekeeping and room service staff were wonderful and extremely helpful. However, I was less impressed with the bellman and front desk who both seemed less than interested in assisting us.

Great hotel, Great Price and Great Location

This was my family's first time traveling to Washington, D.C. and we had a great stay at this hotel. The price was good in comparsion to the other hotels, it was located close to the Metro, and the room was very clean. It was a little on the small side, but very clean. It was nice to have a security person near the eleavators at all times to make sure that everyone that entered was a guest. I would recommend this hotel and I will be sure to stay there again in the future.

Very pleased!

I did a fair bit of research into various hotels in the area and ended up staying here......and I was not disappointed. If you are the analytic type like me, save yourself the time and go ahead and book here. I ended up paying the gov't rate of $166, which is probably the highest I've ever had to pay for a room in my entire life. But because it was 5 days during the week and was in the fall vs summer, this was the best in the area. Geez, I only found three places that even had the gov't rate available...and I was on a gov't business trip with my family. Wash DC is one heck of an expensive place for lodging and food. I guess that's to be expected when everything else is basically free.

Like everyone else has said of late, the hotel is very convenient. We walked literally everywhere. There were lots of restaurants around, which kept us from having to eat at the hotel all the time and dish out the cash! The Metro is convenient to the airport (National). I was concerned about noise levels before getting there, but didn't hear a peep for five days (we were on the 12th floor)....and the rooms were mostly full because everyone had a USA Today paper in front of the door each morning. One more tip....about half a block down the street there's the Cafe 1200 restaurant. We had b'fast there every morning...and I mean a good one....with a cost of about $20 for a family of four. It was one of the best parts of the day because it gave us energy to get going. I absolutely recommend that little place. Great food!

If you stay here, I really think you'll be pleased.

Great location and service!

My husband and I stayed here three nights over Veteran's Day weekend. We were thrilled with the cleanliness of the rooms. The room was very comfortable, and the mattress was fantastic. The hotel's location is excellent...within walking distance of most tourist attractions. We walked everywhere except the Capitol and the National Cathedral. The concierge desk was very helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions, and information on events and attractions. We would definitely stay here again.

Disappointment/ Not a trustworthy company to deal with

I spent many hours on the computer doing research for a nice place to stay with my husband and 2 children (ages 10 and 12) while visiting Washington D.C. I had originally had reservations at the Renaissance Mayflower because of the "old world charm" and historical environment, but was concerned that it would not be very "kid friendly", so I decided on the Marriot Metro due to it's proximity to downtown restaurants and the Metro.
I asked for a rate that I saw on the internet that included the breakfast buffet, and when I called the hotel directly I was told that this rate was "sold out" and that I should try calling every few days in case of a cancellation. This trip was over the Thanksgiving week. Well, I called, they said that the lower rate was still not available and the rate is now 199 a night. I settled on 179. after basically pleading with the person helping me with the reservations, and when I got to the hotel, the place was completely empty, and I was told by an employee that the week was going to be dead, which it was almost every day at the breakfast. There were literally only 2 other families eating every morning and it was the same ones!It bothered me that I was told that the lower rate was "sold out", and I knew that it was a complete lie to get me to pay alot more. So in this respect alone, I was disappointed with Marriot for these tactics.
When entering the hotel to check in, I asked again about the lower rate and the girl at the front desk honored the 169. but I was upset I had to call so much prior and told that it wasn't available.And if someone else didn't insist as I did, they would have been forced into paying 30. more a night for no reason. It was alot of wasted time and effort all those days calling Marriot to see if anyone cancelled. So we ended up paying 169. a night with breakfast. The daily rate without breakfast was 149.00. We really should have just gone with the lower rate and eaten breakfast out. The 20. more plus having to tip on 58.00 (which was the bill),plus the extra room tax made the breakfast about 30.00 anyway. One bothersome thing was walking into the lobby and smelling a stong fried fish odor coming from the pub...all hours of the day,.. that was quite nauseating. The rooms are very small with double beds ( I found out from other travelers that there ARE hotels that have 2 queen beds in D.C....I couldn't find any when I searched..actually a Marriot courtyard that even Marriot didn't give me any info on when I asked about Queen beds; and a Hampton Inn that is reasonable with Queens. I called so many hotels and each told me "we have only doubles". Our family, coming from Florida, always stay in rooms with 2 queen sized beds. It was very hard for us to all sleep together. For this reason alone I would never stay here again and get some kind of suite. The decor in the hotel was plain and drab.Other than being in the rooms, there was no place for us to "hang out". They do have an indoor pool, but being from Florida, that isn't something we needed. There was no room for our luggage, and only a tiny closet, and it was difficult managing for 6 nights there.We were tripping over everything. The breakfast buffet was O.K. but the chefs had a hard time making the omelets.. they clearly didn't know how to...and the water tasted like dishwashing detergent every day. We asked every day what was the problem with the water and the glasses kept coming back smelling like lemon joy.
I am writing all this because I know there are many families who look forward to their once a year vacations like we do, and I really was disappointed in this hotel. I would recommend staying in a more kid friendly place and not paying for the breakfast which ends up costing 30.00 . There are many coffee shops along the way to the white house where you can get breakfast for .99 to 4.00 a person. The good thing I can say about the hotel is that it is near the Metro, and a short 1 mile walk to the Smithsonian and very close to the restaurants downtown like Fuddruckers, Chinatown, Ruby Tuesdays. You can go to more upscale restaurants walking Westward to the White House. I do realize that this price is not high for the city, but Thanksgiving week is one of their slowest weeks as all the Gov't buildings are closed and the officials are not working and also the senate, etc. It is actually a good time to go to D.C. In fact I was told that they are the slowest during all the holidays. We actually came home today-the day after Thanksgiving

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wonderbread1428

The Marriott at Metro Center was a great hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location within walking distance to many attractions. The subway is down the block. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The staff of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The pool and exercise room were both good. The hotel was comfortable, clean, had a friendly staff, in a great location and I will definitely stay there again.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Marriott Metro Center

Marriott Washington Dc
Washington Dc Marriott
Washington Marriott At Metro Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 775 12th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States