Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Excellent place to stay

I was very pleased with this hotel. After searching for a decent priced hotel, we were able to get a room here at the last minute for a very reasonable rate.

Will be back with more information.

• KittyLou's Profile Photo

Convention Base

This is where I end up for most conventions. It is nice that there are a lot of good restuarants in the neighborhood, just a quick walk away, when you wish to escape the hotel. Also the Zoo is close by, a great way to escape fellow conventioners.

Unique Quality: The convention rooms are "1950-1960 French"

JFK is said to have taken Jackie to the Omini ballrooms (now used for conventions) during their courtship.

• Great hotel!

My family of 5 stayed at the Omni Shoreham in July 2004. We loved it. The kids loved the pool. The room was very nice and very large. All the employees were very friendly and helpful. The location was great. The metro stop was on the next block. The on-site restaurant was expensive, so we ate breakfast at McDonalds each day (on the next block). Would definitely stay here again. Parking is expensive ($26 a day for valet).

• geotect's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Omni...

We stayed at the Omni Shoreham. This luxury hotel would have been way beyond our budget, but they have a program called 'Phenomenal Fridays' with large rooms for $111 a night (plus taxes) IF you check in on Friday. The hotel property abuts Rock Creek Park and our room had a balcony with a wonderful view over the trees. I liked it because it felt like a retreat from the city.

Unique Quality: large rooms, pool, parklike setting

• We stayed at the Omni Shoreham...

We stayed at the Omni Shoreham which was about 10 minutes from the center of the city. It was very quiet and there were several excellent ethnic restaurants a block or two away.
    $150

Unique Quality: Staff was friendly, helpful.

More about Omni Shoreham Hotel

Great Hotel In An Excellent Neighborhood

The Omni Shoreham is worth the trouble it takes to get there (if you drive yourself it can be hard to find). Great restraunt on site. A great business district is on nearby Connecticut Avenue, all within walking distance from the hotel. Plenty of dining choices, banking, drug store, and metro train station just a few short minutes away. If you are more ambitious the Pandas at the National Zoo are an uphill, fifteen minute walk away. Many rooms have a view of Rock Creek Park. My room was spacious and had a balcony. It was raining and the Concierge has umbrellas you can borrow at no charge. (Nice touch.) The biggest surprise was at arrival Bell service was not offered and I did not see any Bellmen to press into service. I wrestled my bags to the Front Desk and upon check in was not offered assistance with my bags. The Omni CNN Center in Atlanta excelled in this department so I was surprised they were short-staffed.
A great place to stay. I intend to return! P.S. My bathroom was too big, my complaint was no towel bar near the tub.

Great surprise, better than the Ritz

What a wonderful surprise. Our room was spacious with a panoramic view. The service from the doorman to the bell hop, registration, restaurant...was helpful and right on the spot. This has been the best hotel for the value that we have ever stayed in and we look forward to many furture stays. Please look into signing up for the OMMI club. It is free and the complimentary beverage, paper and turn down service would make anyone feel special.

OK room - Great Location

We just jhad the occasion to spend a full week at the Omni in Woodley Park, Wash. DC.
The bathroom was small and a little "shabby" around the edges. The tub had been PAINTED(!) and the paint was peeling. The mirror frame showed red paint under the gold. The room itself was very nice; large, clean and comfortable, with a walk in closet.
Room service the night we got there took over an hour (8PM) for a $28 sandwich.
We did find a nice map at the concierge's desk showing the plethora of restaurants all within walking distance, as well as the Metro station 1-1/2 blocks away. Everything from bottled water to food could be purchased at a convience store 1 block away, so do not buy anything in the hotel.
The pool and grounds were outstanding, as well as the staff.
My only real complaint the 1st night (besides the room service), was no remote for the TV. I called for another, and an hour later they brought one that did not work. We did not have an operational remote until the next day. Minor complaint.

Amazing Hotel - Go There

by TripAdvisor Member JohnEverson

Forget the Capitol, the White House, the Monuments & Memorials, it's worth visiting Washington just to stay at the Omni. It's definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed in - and considering it's dirt cheap (from th UK at least), that's pretty amazing. Rooms are opulent, and the staff make you feel like Royalty - but it's by no means stuffy or exculsive in the bad sense of the word. You may think there's no more to say - but wait - the buffet breakfasts are absolutely out of this world.

Name of Hotel near Omni Shoreham?

by geotect

There is a hotel on Connecticutt Avenue just uphill from the Omni Shoreham. I had coffee there the last time I was in Washington and wanted to stay there when I returned.
Now I have to travel to DC and I can't remember the name of the hotel.
As I recall it was built of red brick with many nice details. There was an older part from the early twentieth century and a more modern addition.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: Name of Hotel near Omni Shoreham?

by MATIM

Hello, ask my friend Kentbein, he is from Washington DC and I am sure he can help you

Re: Re: Name of Hotel near Omni Shoreham?

by FreeCloud

It is a red brick hotel, so maybe it is what you are looking for:
Wardman Park Marriott Hotel
2660 Woodley Road
Washington, DC 20008
USA
1-202-328-2000

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Omni Washington Dc
Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington Dc
Washington Dc Omni
Omni Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2500 Calvert Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20008, United States