Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• asturnut's Profile Photo

Wonderful Modern Hotel

I would unequivocably recommend One Washington Circle to anyone visiting DC.
    1. The service is first rate. The hotel staff go well beyond just being courteous.
    2. The rooms are beautifully appointed, modern and tasteful.
    3. The hotel has all the amenities you could want from hairdryers, irons, video games, cd player, high speed internet access, pots and pans-- all in room, to valet parking, a restaurant, pool and exercise room-- in the hotel.
    4. Location. This was my main concern when choosing a spot to stay. It is less than a 2 block walk from the metro. It is a 6 minute, $1.35 ride to the Smithsonian Mall. It is also a few blocks from several great places to eat, and 15 minute straight shot walk to amazing Georgetown Restaurants.
    5. The price is right. There is absolutely noother hotel in DC where you will get better value for your dollar. When you consider the quality of the rooms and service, the saftey of the neighborhood, and the easy access to the sites, this place is the clear winner.

Don't be fooled by any place that may appear to have better prices-- you have to factor in all costs, such as taxes, which are 14.5% in DC and parking. All included, our stay was $168 per night.

Unique Quality: Every room in the hotel is a suite- this means each room has a full kitchen and a large dressing room/bathroom, in addition to sleeping quarters.

More about One Washington Circle Hotel

Go to One Washington Circle

by TripAdvisor Member Londonjack

We have just returned from a four-day Thanksgiving stay at One Washington Circle. I picked the hotel based on good rates and reviews from the trip advisor website. Based on the reivews, I was warned about the noise level due to sirens from the nearby hospital. I phoned two days in advance and requested an upper floor room. When we arrived, they honored the request by giving us a room on the top (9th) floor. We did still hear a few sirens, but we laughed because we come from New York where it wouldn't matter if you were on the 40th floor you'd still have noise. Our spacious room was equipped with a full kitchen and cutlery and pots and pans. The coffeemaker included beans and a grinder. The service was superb. It was actually 5-6 long blocks to the White House and slightly more to Georgetwon, but there was still a sense of logistical convenience. Definitely right on top of Foggy Bottom subway station.The nearest grocery store was not that great as it is more of a business district, so I would advise that you bring your own groceries if you are travelling with a car. There is a very trendy restaurent but prices are high. Luckily, there is also a TGIF around the corner for family dining. Also, the hotel restaurant has a very nice lounge with fireplace and TV. It is child-friendly. I travelled with my husband and my 7-year-old daughter and we all have different needs - One Washington Circle catered to us all and we really loved it. Highly recommended. The staff was A+++++++++++.

Great local spot for lunch

by asturnut about Jonathan's Gourmet Deli

If you want to eat cheap and eat local, then Jonathan's Deli is a great place on the Foggy Bottom/Georgetown fringe. Georgetown has tons of wonderful places to eat, so we had really hard time deciding where to go. So, we asked the incredibly helpful staff at our hotel, One Washington Circle where they eat. They unanimously replied Jonathan's because the eats are inexpensive and the selection is wide. Jonathan's offers breakfast items, cold and hot sanwiches, and a pay-by-the-pound buffet. The buffet has a diverse and interesting array of items, ranging from typical green salad and fresh fruit, to entire fresh roasted turkey, to chinese, thai and soul food. There are tables for eat-in which are functional and clean, although most customers take-out. There's also mini-mart items such as milk, bread, and tons of bottled beverages and snacks. The Jessica Chicken Salad sandwich was wonderful- chunky chicken breast with walnuts and raisins. Yum!

Cash and credit only. ATM on premises.

Outstanding Choice, Location, Service

by TripAdvisor Member budgetraveller

My husband, 9 year-old son and I visited One Washington Circle Inn, and as very picky travelers, couldn't have been more pleased. We got a great rate ($130 for Junior Suite for AAA members), arrived early and received our room, and were overwhelmed with the amount of space--(these used to be apartments). Every staff member went above and beyond to help us. The location was great--safe for walking (6-7 blocks) to the heart of Georgetown, or 6-7 blocks to The Mall, and The Kennedy Center. The Metro is only a block away at the George Washington Univ. Hospital--and although we were awakened a few times our first night with ambulance sirens (One Washington Circle is right next to the ER), it still was well worth it. One tip--do not take them up on their offer to 'hire their car' for $50+ to take you to Dulles Airport. For less than 5 dollars each, you can ride the Metro one stop to Rosselyn station, and then catch the bus right to Dulles. Again, this is an excellent inn that we would not hesistate to visit again.

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member julieddavis

My husband and I stayed at One Washington Circle last summer as did another couple with which we were vacationing. The hotel was a great value (cheaper on the weekend nights than weekdays) and very stylishly decorated. The rooms are like little suites with couches and coffee tables, which made it great for hanging out with our friends after a long day of touring. Also very important is that it's across the street from a Metro Stop. The only downside was there are no nearby restaurants or shops, so we did have to take the Metro to do anything. We walked to a nearby 7-Eleven every morning for a quick breakfast. Don't forget to bring your umbrella. When we arrived it was pouring and we had to walk from the Metro to the hotel w/o one. It doesn't seem that far until you have to walk it in the rain!! Overall, it was a great place and we'd go back.

Best Deal for Tourists!

by TripAdvisor Member collegetripping

My son and I were in Washington DC to look at colleges and tour as much as we could in 72 hours. We stayed at the One Washington Circle because it was close to the Metro and the internet price was right (average $150/night). It is located one block from the Foggy Bottom metro station and in a very busy neighborhood. We were greeted warmly by front desk staff member and, though he was helping a foreign visitor to understand her bill, he stopped and checked us in, returning immediately to the woman and patiently answering her questions. Our room was HUGE for just the 2 of us: 2 double beds, a full kitchen, large bathroom/dressing room, and a small balcony overlooking the street. It is a very clean hotel, clean room, and attentive staff. Whenever we were on our way out, the doorman asked where we were going and offered to make any reservations so that our day would go smoothly. Yes, the GWU Hospital is a block away so there were sirens during the night but they weren't loud enough to bother us or our sleep. The air conditioner in the room worked well for both cold air and just circulating air. Our beds were turned down at night and the room was cleaned thoroughly each day. I look forward to returning to the One Washington Circle on our next visit to DC.

Double-charged for room

I am having trouble getting a double charge for a two-night stay removed from my credit card. I was told it was taken care of at check-out, but the billing still showed up on my credit card. The hotel accountant and night manager have been no help!

Bugs and Bonanza

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the first week of August 2004.

The hotel was relatively easy to find. It is very close to the Metro (about 1 block away), which takes you almost everywhere in the D.C. area. The hotel is also right across the street from the hospital so depending on where your room is in the hotel, you will hear sirens, loud at times. Parking is valet parking only.

We booked the “executive suite with kitchen” through the hotel's website and got a good deal. (August is not prime tourist season in D.C.) The room was good size with a small kitchen, living room, and a small separate area for the bed. There was a sliding door that opens up to a faux balcony. The bathroom was extremely small. It was very difficult to maneuver in there.

My husband noticed some ants by the sliding door. I took note of their proximity to the bed area. But I felt that as long as the ants didn't make it to the bed, I didn't care. Not more than a 1/2 hour later, I was sitting in bed and found ants in bed with me. We were NOT going to sleep in bed with bugs. We called the front desk and insisted on being moved to another room. The hotel was pretty booked that night due to a family reunion; so, we were moved to another room that did not have a kitchen. We left our groceries in the "ant" room, as we didn't have a refrigerator to move things to. The evening desk clerk assured me that he was going to inform the morning crew of our situation. (In the room that we were moved to, we noticed quite a few loud sirens throughout the night.)

The following morning, one of the morning clerks called, was obviously not informed of our situation, and demanded that we remove our belongings from the "ant" room. I informed him of the situation and he said he would call back. Ten minutes later, a doorman came to our door and said that we were being moved to a "better room", he said. We picked up all of our belongings, including groceries from the "ant" room. He took us, to our surprise, to the "penthouse suite". This is the best room in the hotel. It is, as one of the Tripadvisor writer had mentioned, like an apartment - living room, dining room, full kitchen, full balcony, separate bedroom, 1 ½ baths. It was fabulous.

The rest of our stay was, as you can imagine, wonderful. We enjoyed returning to a ridiculously spacious and relaxing suite. We sat out on the balcony. We were able to cook meals, which saved us a bundle of money. Food in D.C. is not cheap. The bedroom was away from the busy circle and we heard some sirens but very muffled. In fact, on our last day, the fire alarm went off in the morning and we barely heard it from our bedroom.

We did not utilize the pool. Although it was one of the hotel criteria since we were going to D.C. in August. We just never had the need to use it. We also did not try the hotel’s restaurant. However, they were very gracious when I neglected to bring maple syrup and needed it for breakfast one morning. They gave it to me free of charge.

Overall, I felt it was a good experience and that I was taken care of by the hotel staff. I cannot recommend the “executive suite with kitchen” only due to the lack of bathroom space; and hopefully, they've taken care of the ant problem. The “penthouse suite” was fantastic. I would recommend booking that suite in this hotel.

A pleasant surprise

Stayed two nights for a group convention. Staff all friendly and helpful, rooms spacious with comfy beds. I was prepared for aloof and distant, so was nice to be greeted by any staff anywhere. Only slight problem was slow elevators. Food was excellent, and about l-2 blocks away were various shops and restaurants. Extra pillows were in the room, and the soap was wonderful.

Not for us.....

Our impression was negative from the momoment we arrived. The hotel is dated, and not in a charming way. Clerk on duty felt that it ws more important to continue counting change than to answer my wife's question. Our 'suite' was seedy - bad carpeting, cheaply furnished, small bathroom. We would not have been comfortable allowing our two girls to go downstairs alone for even a minute. We checked out after just an hour in the room and even after much negotiation were charged one half of the daily rate. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

One Washington Circle

by jqd

I have reservations at One Washington Circle hotel. My husband is in a wheelchair. I know this hotel is easily accessible to all the museums via metro, but I am looking to walk to the various attractions. Is this hotel within walking distance of the various museums? If so, approximately how far? A mile, less than a mile???
Thanks

Re: One Washington Circle

by travelmad478

This hotel is at 23rd and New Hampshire, which would be walking distance from the Mall museums for an able-bodied person, but it might be a bit of a slog for someone in a wheelchair. It's about 1.5 miles from the hotel to the Washington Monument, and the Smithsonian museums on the Mall are farther east from there. To the Capitol is another mile. You are closest to the Lincoln Memorial, which is about a mile from the hotel.

I'm not sure what "attractions" you are thinking of, but this hotel is not super close to the typical tourist stuff in DC (centered around the Mall). You're not incredibly far away, but it is a hike, on foot.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Capital Hilton

One Washington Circle Dc
Hotel One Washington Circle
1 Washington Circle Hotel

Address: 1 Washington Circle NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States