Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

An Excellent Stay

My wife and I love staying here! So far we've stayed four times in total and have had excellent service and accomodations each time.

When I want to have a city location that has excellent on site dining and a more upscale vibe; we choose to stay here. Yes, it is more expensive and I can get a much cheaper rate at another brand or staying outside of the city but this hotel is just right for us.

The Park Hyatt has beautiful interiors and decor from the lobby, restaurant, lounge and the guestrooms. I love the simple yet elegant style and the relaxing vibe of the place. The suites we have stayed in are always very comfortable with large bathrooms, comfy sitting area and cozy beds.

The highlight at the Park Hyatt is their on site restaurant; The Blue Duck Tavern. It has been voted the best fine dining in the D.C. area. My wife and I have enjoyed the best breakfasts here with incredibly fresh, local ingredients. Their dinners are out of this world and honestly the best food I have seen in the U.S. Their lounge serves some incredible local wines and interesting cocktails with impeccable service. I'd say you have to come here to dine even if you are not a hotel guest; it is worth it.

• jelw's Profile Photo

This is a great hotel. Clean simple lines. No over blown, over stuffed design here. The staff is excellent, property very well maintained, amenities well done and the Blue Duck restaurant is outstanding.

Unique Quality: The staff is the story here. The design though elegant can't make a stay a successful one. The staff succeeds at every turn.

More about Park Hyatt Washington

Loved the Park Hyatt!

by TripAdvisor Member allievelez

The hotel was fabulous. I had an upgraded room, it was quite large. The bathroom is spectacular. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The bar is great and has a nice social atmosphere. I was there for a small meeting and the meeting staff was great and very attentive. The food was great as well. I truly enjoyed my two night stay!!!

We liked it, will you?

by TripAdvisor Member J_and_A_1

We were a little hesitant to stay at this hotel, partly because of the mixed reviews the rooms have been getting at this site. We wanted to stay in the Foggy Bottom area, and in the end we chose this hotel over the other area hotels based mostly on price. Although the hotel is expensive, our Park King Deluxe room suite was only $16 more than a standard room at the nearby Ritz Carlton.

The PKD rooms are two rooms separated by a wall that holds a rotating cut out with a flat screen TV on one side and a mounted checkerboard piece of art on the other side. This “cut out” can be turned so that you can have the TV in the living room area or the bedroom. A curved desk is also attached to a wall unit. There is no door to close off the two rooms. The overall design is modern Americana with folksy touches like wood apples and duck decoys. In fact, there were decorative items and books throughout the entire suite which gave the room a nice completed look and also made it feel more like a cool city apartment rather then a standard hotel room with empty table tops. Our suite had 3 sets of windows providing lots of light.

The highlight of these rooms is the limestone bathrooms. The open shower area is very large and adjoins a separate soaking tub. There is a rainshower and wall mounted shower spray. The rest of the bathroom is attractive with a large single sink vanity area. Towels are stored in a wicker basket, and the hair dryer is in one of two shaker style wood boxes on the countertop. A small walk-in closet is also off the bathroom.

We enjoyed the room but I am not sure we would feel that way if we were staying for more then a few nights. The only seating options other than the desk chair are two club chairs in the living area. They are not very comfortable, so relaxing in the living area for any length of time is not a really good option. The bedding has Frette linens, but the bed was a little firmer than we like. There is also no drawer space at all in the rooms, just the closet area. The lighting is very cool, and you can create your own mood, but as others have mentioned, the desk lighting is not great for reading or working. The room is also surprisingly very low tech for a new high end hotel. The phones seem to be holdovers from before the renovation and there is no Bose type radio, CD, DVD, or iPod docking equipment.

Therefore, we can understand the mixed reviews. If you are looking for something a little different you might enjoy the room as we did. If you want a more traditional stay, you should consider another hotel.

As for the rest of the hotel, the design elements are more of the same except for the gym/pool. This area is still nice but all that was done was a paint job and new carpet – there are no new design features that match the rest of the hotel. In addition, the small locker rooms with a shower and sauna are no longer in use. The only bathroom/changing room for this area is a very sterile single bathroom that will remind you of a hospital bathroom. We found this very disappointing. They could have at least renovated this one bathroom. Of the 16 photos at the Park Hyatt website, none show the pool or gym area as of this posting.

The hotel is less then a ten minute walk to the wonderful and charming Georgetown area, and the Foggy Bottom and Dupont Circle metro stops. The immediate area around the hotel is other hotels and apartment buildings, not many restaurants or stores.

One final important note, the staff at the hotel was very professional and friendly.

Closed Out of the Closet

by TripAdvisor Member jLawrencem

It all starts with the lack of closet space. In the attempt to be hi-tech, why must a hotel forget the basic comforts?! My wife and I came to town for two nights to attend a wedding. Half the closet had shelves with useless wicker baskets; the other half fit about (no kidding) four hangers. So for the entire time we lived out of our suitcases...crowding what was already a very small room. To make space for the chair and ottoman, and two globe lamps oddly placed on the floor (the lighting was also very dim...in a very darkly decorated room) there was no dresser or even a desk and, therefore, no space for non-hanging clothes either. We were stepping over our suitcases the entire time. The staff was very pleasant ; there were two guys waiting to open the front door; the staff outfits were spiffy; and the front desk was very highly designed. However, for the price, I prefer and expect a hotel where rooms are large and comfortable and well lit and where there is a place to put your clothes.

My Favorite DC Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mbsa2

I stayed at the Park Hyatt on business on two separate occasiosn about three weeks apart, didn't know much about it, and was completely blown away by the the stunning design, the chic public spaces, and the staff's attentiveness.

When I arrived back for my second visit a few weeks later, the bellman who had helped me with my bags on the first visit recognized me when I got out of the taxi with a "Welcome back!" The front desk staff also knew that I was a repeat customer, and upgraded my room to thank me for my repear business.

The Park Deluxe room is enormous, with beautiful Asian-inspired Americana decor, wonderful lighting, a comfortable bed -- and the coolest hotel bathroom that I've seen. The walk-in shower, the bathroom covered in stone from floor to ceiling... It was like something out of Architectural Digest.

I really enjoyed the hotel's bar, and tea room. The public spaces were very hip, and had a young and chic vibe, like something you'd expect in a Paris or a London -- not a bunch of boring busines travellers in boring suits. The food and drink were wonderful.

Not only would I go back on business, I'd check in on vacation, or for a special occasion.

Way overpriced!

by TripAdvisor Member carlybaby1

VALUE - This hotel is way overpriced and favors style over substance. I selected this hotel primarily because of it's recent renovation and everything looked fairly new. Was here for seven days in early April.
ROOMS - Stayed in a Park Deluxe which was large enough and a corner room with a lot of windows but did not work well. Poor lighting just about everywhere and the lighting was organized poorly. In order to get the most light in the bathroom it was necessary to turn on two sets of lights with one of these also turning a light on in the bedroom, not very good if your companion is still sleeping. The closet was in the bathroom which limited it's availability. The six foot long vanity contained one extra large wash basin instead of two medium sized basins which also limited it's availability. The clock was a 1 and 1/2 inch square cube which had to be pushed down in order to see the numbers. Had regular, ongoing problems with the toilet, one of the three phones did not work, the large wide screen TV picture was not sharp. On the positive side, the bed was great and the shower terrific. Plenty of mirrors. The heating unit was very quiet and efficient.
LOCATION - The location was great. Close to the Foggy Bottom Metro Station and did not need a car to get around.
CLEANLINESS - Everything was clean.
CHECK IN/FRONT DESK - Very efficient and helpful, especially Jonathan and Alexander.
SERVICE - Fairly responsive.
DINING - As with all Park Hyatt's I have stayed in, the food was very good but not enough of it and very expensive. Had only one meal there. Ate most of our meals at the Bread and Chocolate Cafe around the corner but also had a few breakfasts at the Westin Grand across the street. Thai Kitchen around the corner was also pretty good. For fast food type food try Aroma near the Foggy Bottom Metro Station at 2401 Pennsylvania Ave. Also had a few meals in nearby Georgetown and one meal at the Fairmont across the street.

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PinkCV

I stayed here for three nights on business. The whole stay was a pleasure. The staff are helpful and friendly. My room (a deluxe double) was stunning with four "rooms" in one: 1 a bedroom with a superking bed, complimentary water; 2 a lounge/study area which was spacious; 3 a wet room with a huge bath and a wall to wall shower and lux bathroom products; 4 a vanity /walk in wardrobe. All was very stylish and user friendly. The only downside was the swtich to the light switch when in bed was in an awkward to locate position.

There was always an abundance of taxis outside, which is a definate plus.

The hotel also has free to loan laptops for guest in room use. These are complimenatary, including internet use.

I would certainly return and would recommend the hotel to friends/collegaues.

Not what I expected...

by TripAdvisor Member AUBeachPotato

The hotel was very nice upon my entrance into the lobby, and the staff were very courteous and helpful...but that's where the niceties ended.

The front desk person checking me asked me if I would like a newspaper of my choice the next morning, and I stated yes. I also asked for a 6 am wake-up call. The next morning, I received my wake-up call...at 6:25 am...and there was no newspaper.

After spending the final night of my stay, I awoke the next morning to no hot water at all.

In addition to these nuisances, the room stunk, there were no top sheets on the bed, and the AC barely worked.

Expensive, but refined

by TripAdvisor Member Pharmadoc

I stayed at this property for two nights recently on a business trip and was impressed with the level of refinement. The staff were courteous, attentive and knowledgeable - a rare feat it seems these days. The rooms elegant, simple, luxurious and quite comfortable. I agree that the rooms are pricey, but this hotel is a great choice for business travelers.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Hyatt Washington Dc
Washington Dc Hyatt
Hyatt Hotel Washington Dc
Park Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 1201 24th & M Streets, NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States