Renaissance Mayflower Hotel

Travelocity Expedia.com Renaissance Hotels

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Worse Front Desk Service

I have stayed at many hotels in the country for business and pleasure, and this one I had the most difficulties dealing with the front desk staff. My room was paid for already check-in, and yet I was charged additional $100 when I checked-out. I noticed it when I got home and was doing online banking. The customer service was helpful in dealing with it, however it took me a while to get to them because of customer service. Even the concierge was rude and didn't even use polite language you would expect one in that position to use. Bad experience all together.

• SpiritualTrekker's Profile Photo

Luxury Accomodations in the Center of the District

Take advantage of the location and the knowlgeable staff. If you like a hotel pool, there is none, but most District hotels also lack this feature. Bring your laptop, they provide reliable high-speed Internet. This is a terrific hotel, well worth the luxurious price.

Unique Quality: One of the oldest and most venerated of the District hotels, the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel is a historic landmark. Now part of the Marriott International chain of hotels, it is close to the National Mall with its museums and monuments, as well as the White House and Kennedy Center. Centrally located in the business district, it is within two blocks of three Metro stations and walking distance to a wide assortment of fine dining and superb shopping. Expect to pay premium prices for premium accommodations, with rates starting around $200 per night for a standard room and $400 for a Club Level room. This luxury hotel boasts its own fine restaurant, the Caf? Promenade and 24-hour room service. There are many highly-prized spas nearby, including Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon & Spa and Celadon. The Mayflower also features over 35,000 square feet of meeting space for business and special events. Check out the official Marriott webpage for special packages and rates before you arrive, and reservations are almost always required, as with most District hotels. Like many older hotels, the windows actually open and quirky electrical issues, but it has a classic style of its own. Though you may also find that there are usually renovations underway, the staff is always available to assist with special requests, recommendations, and assistance.

Directions: Everything is nearby; the District and all it offers are within a short distance.

More about Renaissance Mayflower Hotel

Quite a pleasant stay

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Mayflower for a total of five glorious days and had the absolute best time. Between the lucious architecture and outstanding service who could have a mediocre experience? The dining is on the rather expensive side and I would recommend eating out about town rather than cooped up in the hotel (the location is splendid!). I am sure to be staying here next time I stop by at Washington D.C.!

Gracious Hotel

We stayed in the Renaissance Mayflower on January 3rd 2005 for 3 nights, and loved it. It is an historic hotel, with lovely old architecture that has been sympathetically updated. I booked through Hotel Club and got a great deal and for the price we paid I think it was terrific - rack rate would be crazy however.
The hotel is very comfortable and newly refurbished in a traditional, modern style. There is no pool but a very well equipped gym.Tthe staff were very helpful and the location is great for sightseeing, being a short walk to the White House and a block from the very user friendly Metro.
We found the Mayflower to be a great base to tour the wonderful city of Washington DC.

Wonderful Hotel

My husband and I stayed at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC February 12 thru the 13th. We stayed in a suite on the 8th floor and it was beautiful. The view was not so great as we looked out onto the ABC News building, however, that did not matter to us. I don't believe that I have every slept on a bed as glorious as the one in this hotel. In fact, I plan to call today to find out just what brand of bed it is so that we can have one at home. We also had dinner in the Cafe on the Lobby level. The meal consisted of five courses and each course was better than the next. I would recommend this hotel highly.

Elegant Mayfower Hotel

The Mayflower Hotel in Washington is a nice departure from
many of the chain hotels. Refurbished and very clean, you are
in a convenient location to enjoy DC.

The bell staff,valet ($28 per if you have your car) were quick and friendly
during a busy weekend that included ACC Basketball fans, AMA conventioners etc. We were there for a family function on Saturday.

Rooms were clean and tasteful although the views are not impressive.
We were on the 9th of 10 floors. It is a city,so
you will see the sides of other buildings,not panoramic landscapes.

Check the Marriott website for special rates. The best rate was$309 per
until the week before our stay, I discovered $161 rate (AAA) .
This is a hotel that we would stay at again.

Good but wouldn't pay full price

I got the hotel through priceline at what is a relative steal, given that their rooms generally range from $250 - $350 and I didn't even pay half that.

The first room we were put in was right by some HUGE air handlers right outside the window and it was insanely noisy, so I asked for a change and was moved to the 10th floor, 2 rooms down from the presidential suite. This room was much more quiet but still had some noise in the bathroom, kind of like the fan was always on. I didn't complain since this noise was easily muted by keeping the bathroom door closed. The ait conditioner being inside the room is also quite noisy but you get used to it. I still think the best solution is central air like at the Omni @ Cnn Center.

The beverage and newspaper service in the morning is nice, but unlike the Omni, you can only select from Coffee or Tea, not juices and the like.

There were two really bright spots. I struck up a conversation with a security officer for the hotel and he was really nice and even gave me a guided tour.

The other bright spot was the Sunday BRUNCH!!! It is $50/person but the champagne is flowing from the moment you sit down. They have assorted shrimp and a seafood salad, along with some sushi and raw oysters. There are soups, bread, smoked salmon, and cheeses...all as appetizers. You then order your main course, I had a marvelous crab cake, but you can select from eggs, steaks, or seafood (the menu is quite limited, however . . . maybe 12 items to pick from). Then comes dessert which you have to see to believe. They are almost too pretty to eat. Throughout the meal they had a flautist and guitarist playing really pleasant music.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay

by TripAdvisor Member RichardPope

Would recommend the Mayflower. Mywife and I found the staff always genuinely pleasant and helpful. Perhaps other reviewers do'nt always treat them respectfully. The Promenade Restaurant served delicious meals, prices were not exorbitant and the staff gave superb service.We had an excellent large room, just like the one shown on the website,(size does vary), marred only by the many very noisy ventilation and extraction units in the alley below our room. Our efficient ear plugs were needed to sleep soundly. The window sound proofing really does need improving. Not all rooms are very noisy. The hotel is situated very conveniently for the Metro and walking to the sights. We will definitely stay here again if we ever return to Washington.

Staying in a closet

Booked a "Deluxe Room" only to get a room the size of a walk-in closet. To get the beds to fit into the room, they put in miniature ones for people 5'6" or less in size. You had to sit on the side of the bed to watch TV and the TV unit blocked the thermostat (so you couldn't adjust the setting). Positives: Room was clean, decent size bathroom and great location (to the Metro and DC attractions).

Great hotel; concierge beware

by TripAdvisor Member mickeyc

My wife and I stayed at the Mayflower February 4th & 5th 2005. The hotel was just refurbished and the room was clean and very comfortable. Location a block from the Metro was great. My only complaint is the concierge suggested an Italian, neighborhood restaurant where the locals eat - Trattu. The locals don't order cocktails apparantly. A Manhattan is a glass of scotch. The meal was overpriced. The cauliflower soup was like water and the owner was unable to smile - as if we intruded. We had our desert in the Mayflower restaurant and wished the concierge had simply said eat here.

Very nice

We just stayed at the mayflower and it seems that the service level drops if you arrive after midnight. We arrived at around midnight and the wasn't a single doorman/bellhop around to help with our luggage. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have two children under 3 to keep tabs on. We asked for a crib when we checked in and it was almost 2 AM before they brought one up. The conicierge service was excellent and very helpful especially in setting up a sitter for our two children. The room was immaculate and spacious for the 4 of us.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel
Latest: Apr 9, 2014
The Carlyle Suites Hotel
Latest: Apr 18, 2014
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
Capital Hilton

Renaissance Mayflower Hotel

Mayflower Hotel Washington Dc
Renaissance Washington Dc
Mayflower Hotel Dc
Washington Dc Renaissance

Address: 1127 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States