Residence Inn Washington Dc-Capitol

Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Residence Inn Washington Dc-Capitol

Disappointed

We arrived a couple of days before the 4th and checked out the day after Independence Day celebrations. The location is great! Until the crowd started arriving on July 3rd, things were satisfactory (but not impressive). However, as more guest started arriving the hotel seemed unprepared and under staffed for a full house on a predictably busy 4th weekend. There wasn't enough seating and they ran out of things like orange juice and other food items at breakfast. You have to pay a daily fee for parking at this hotel. On the fouth, they left the gate to the parking garage open so that people that weren't staying at the hotel could easily park in the garage. I had to drive to Baltimore and back that day. When I returned, there was no parking available for me or any other "paying" guest. When I complained at the front desk, the employee said he was aware of the parking problem but offered no solution or credit to my account for parking. Housekeeping was horrible. It was like the staff started the room but then decided to leave right in the middle of it. Pillows and blankets on the floor, garbage can unemptied, and cleaning products left laying around the room. When I reported it to the front-desk/housekeeping, they said they weren't finished yet. However, when they returned, not much was done other than picking up their cleaning products.

Before checking-in at the DC/Capital Residence Inn we stayed at the Residence Inn in White Marsh (Baltimore). What a contrast! The White Marsh Residence Inn is wonderful! Very clean, great staff and service, good food with enough to go around and a better value with no parking fee.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member liparigirl

This was our first visit to D.C. since we left the area in 1984. We wanted a hotel that was central, safe, and one which provided comfort and good service.

The Residence Inn/Capitol gave us all that and more. Our "suite" was very clean and comfortable with a lovely view of the Capitol .....beautiful at night! The Native American theme brings a sense of spirt and calm as you walk in the door. It is one block from the Metro and within walking distance to the Mall, and especially close to the new Museum of the American Indian.

Best of all was the friendliness and service we received. Our front desk clerk, Jon, was so professional and helpful when the second half of our trip had to be changed when Hurrican Orphelia threatened North Carolina. our next stop. Since we had used reward points for the original stay, Jon saw to it that we could do so for the extended time.

Complimentary breakfast and free internet useage was like icing on the cake. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Kirkland, Washington

Thank you trip advisor...

We just returned from a four night stay at the Residence Inn Capital.
I chose the hotel based on Trip advisor users and their reviews....What a positive experience we had staying at the Residence Inn. We loved the convenience of the hotel. We were near the Metro and about a ten minute walk to the museums and the Mall. What a pleasure it was to head out and know you could pack up a backpack for the day and easily access some of the most amazing museums and sights!
The complimentary breakfast and dinner were well prepared, really tasty and made our hungry family happy and full without leaving the comfort of our hotel.. We really enjoyed the breakfasts and the attentive staff who maintained the food and the hotel guests.
The pool, laundry and workout room were nice add on's to the hotel. For families it adds an ease to a weekend away. The kids loved the pool, the hot tub looked pretty scary and not well maintained.
There are no places nearby to eat or walk to for dinner, so eat out or take a quick car ride or cab to Chinatown. There were many choices there and it was hopping on a Sunday night.We had fun seeing what was happening in this busy and diverse area of town.
We loved our two bedroom/ two bathroom suite with a full kitchen and pullout sofa! The comfort and space were critical to a relaxing and busy long weekend away.There is a Safeway grocery store very close by, so ask for directions and stock up on a few item.
The staff there are interested, friendly and seem to be focused on customer care and satisfaction.
We have always stayed in the suburbs, away from the D.C. area. After our positive experience at the Residence Inn, I would love to stay here again.
They are doing a wonderful job and the property is clean, well maintained and offers an excellent location for sightseeing and experiencing Washington, D.C.

Completely satisfied with this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Maartje

Great hotel, fabulous breakfast, extremely friendly service by everyone, great rooms, excellent location (could easily walk to Capitol Hill), in short, the perfect place for us, a family of four.

Extremely Disappointed

We were extremely disappointed with this hotel right from the start. First, we had the rudest front desk staff from not knowing basic information in a tourist city to them arguing with us about the rate, we were promised. She actually said to me, "This is the big city, things are expensive." I have been to far bigger cities and that does not excuse their behavior. Then the whole breakfast and dinner deal. The breakfast was disgusting. They should just switch to the continental plan before someone ends up with food poisoning from the pink sausage and watery undercooked eggs. Then dinner came along. They had turkey and dressing that was dried out with brown iceburg lettuce that smelled and of course for all the professionals staying there -alphabet soup! I would never pay full price for this ---$249 a night plus $30 a day to park. Then comes the mattress and pillows. I would have slept better on the floor. I have stayed at better Super 8's.

Very satisfied!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lottafun

My husband and I just returned from a weekend visiting the Smithsonian museums. We happened upon the Residence Inn and were pleasantly surprised. I checked rates for hotels near the Smithsonian. The best rates that I found were through Washington D.C. Area Hotels. I called and the service agent recommended the Residence Inn. We received a rate of $116 per night. We arrived around noon. The front desk associates allowed us to check in early. They were incredibly nice and helpful. They provided maps of the area and recommended a few restaurants for dinner. The room was VERY clean. The view....well there wasn't one. The lot next door is under construction. The hotel is in walking distance to the Smithsonian if you can walk a few miles. Some of the museums are closer than others. We walked every where. After our first day, my throat was a little sore from a cold I was catching. My husband asked and the front desk clerk had herbal tea bags sent to our room. In our room we found regular tea bags, coffee hot chocolate and popcorn. The complimentary breakfast buffet was wonderful! We enjoyed waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt and wonderful coffee. They also have quite a few other items....complimentary issues of the Washington Post.....a GREAT deal. What more could you ask for????? We'll definitely stay there again.

Could have been better!

by TripAdvisor Member go2z

I only stayed the one night, but I'm not sure I'd come back. The location is somewhat out of the way - very few restaurants around, and a little deserted at night. The hotel lobby area is awkward and uninviting. The hotel does not have a bar and the lobby really is not conducive to an informal meeting. Some meals were included, which were reasonable fare.

The staff is reasonably friendly and efficient.

The elevator to your room requires the use of your room key to select a floor; however, uninvited guests could enter behind you (and not need a key to follow you) or quickly press another floor level.

The room was clean, but I was suprised by how small the double bed was. The room has good amenities for a longish stay.

The sounds outside were high. Construction next door began before 8am, and there is a train line not too far off.

I think the hotel is suited to business folks who don't need much more than the basics.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member moochingaround

My family and I have just stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. When we arrived our room was not ready and so Deirdre at the front desk was very helpful and offered us other rooms. We did in fact stay in our original 2 bed suite in the end. They gave us 2 movie passes for the room for the delay. The room was spacious and clean. A buffet breakfast was served each morning and only on one occassion we could not get a table and so took our food to our room which was no problem. The evening meals were fine. Pretty basic but adequate. The Market Inn restaurant is a 3 minute walk away and recommended. Safeway is about a 10 minute walk away. 5 minutes to the tube and a 10/15 minute walk to the mall. Starbucks is 5 minutes away and had just opened. A driver was there if you needed a ride anywhere. I have to say the pool was not very inviting and the spa did not look nice at all, so we did pass on that. Lobby was nice and there is access to the internet if needed. Overall a nice hotel and I would recommned it especially for a family. There is so much to do in Washington DC and it is a lovely city.

Alright.

by TripAdvisor Member jattcf

We stayed here for 5 nights for the first half of our spring break trip. We requested a high floor room based on other reviews and when we arrived we were given the 2nd floor. I asked if there was anything higher and the receptionist smiled and said "you must have stayed here before." He moved us up to the tenth floor and I was quite happy he did because we could still hear the train at night. Otherwise very soundproof walls - the people next door were very loud from the hallway, but we could not hear them from our room.

We asked twice to get directions to the supermarket and each time they told us it was too far to walk, that we definitely should not go at night and then offered us their tiny food selection for sale - which was not terribly overpriced - but it sounds like you should push it and demand directions to the supermarket if it really is only ten minutes away as other reviewers have said.

Breakfast was nice to have and plenty good for a free meal, with waffle mix and maker available. It was never too crowded for us, but then we didn't come down until after nine most mornings.

The room was fine with lots of space for four people. The bathroom was TINY with no seperation between the shower and sink/mirror so you have to wait your turn rather than allowing a couple of people to get ready at once. That's tough with teenagers!!

One morning we heard another family ask about the hot tub getting turned on as they had tried it and found it very cold. The staff person said they would get it looked at. We eagerly went there that evening and found it cold and gross. The pool was definitely not inviting - kind of slimy even. I didn't allow my kids in it and they didn't want to get in either.

It is a great location for walking to the east end of the mall and is fairly close to the metro station. Currently, it is surrounded by construction so you walk a lot farther than you usually would to reach the metro.

I probably will not stay there again for the price, since we choose it mostly for the pool.

Decent place

by TripAdvisor Member Magic_Carpet_Ride

We stayed here in March 2006 using our Marriott points. It seems a good place to stay for a long trip as the rooms have complete kitchen facilities. Since we stayed only a night, we did not really use them.

The location is average; there is a Metro station nearby for those who need public transport. It is not very central but a quick cab ride from Union Station and the central attractions.

The rooms are well fitted and clean. The decor is average as is the service. The free dinner was terrible; so if you would like to treat yourself, eat out!

.All in all, a convenient and average hotel/

We stayed at this superb hotelWe stayed at this superb hotel

view through wiresview through wires

view from Arlington Houseview from Arlington House

Sleep Inn & Suites BWI AirportSleep Inn & Suites BWI Airport

washington d.c. bus tour

by 1pattycake

i have a little free time prior to my attending a function at the convention center, is there a local sightseeing bus tour i can take--get on, get off, etc.? thanks

Re: washington d.c. bus tour

by goodfish

Here ya go!

Re: washington d.c. bus tour

by Agraichen

There are tours, but I'd recommend using their metro system to see the area, and just walking around the Capital; you can spend weeks just checking out the Smithsonian and the various monuments.

Take the metro to Georgetown and wander. Take in the National Zoo if that's something you like.

There's lots to do and it can be done on the ground.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

AKA White House

Residence Inn Washington Dc-Capitol

Washington Dc Residence Inn
Residence Inn Washington, Dc/capitol Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 333 E Street SW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20024, United States