River Inn

924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

The River Inn
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

• Nice & Causy

I'd liked the location of the hotel. It was near George Washington Medical School and just a walking distance from the underground. The surrounding buildings are residential and the neighborhood had a lot of embassies which gave me the impression that it's a safe neighborhood. The room was comfortable; it was a studio type with a small kitchen fully equiped. There was one reciptionist that was very rude where after spending 14hours on the train (12hours trip+ 2 hours delay!!) and eventually reaching the hotel at 1 PM insisted that checking in is at 3!!! so I spent an hour roaming around the area and luckily when I returned her shift must have finished and another lady was welcoming and checked me in...

More about River Inn

A Great Option on a Quiet Street!

by TripAdvisor Member awelch2000

I have stayed at the River Inn several times on business and have been very well taken care of every time. The staff has always been courteous and helpful and the rooms are very clean, comfortable and well appointed. Located on 25th Street just in from K, the hotel is very quiet, well insulated from the city noise and bustling traffic.

The small kitchenettes, while nothing too fancy, allow me to cook a little dinner if I'm on an extended stay. That said, I usually opt to go out. The hotel is an easy walk from dozens of solid dining options in Georgetown and Foggy Bottom and the restaurant in the lobby, DISH, is excellent and also provides room service!

The River Inn is also just a walk from the monuments - closest are the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. On several mornings, I've pulled on my running shoes and headed for jog along the reflecting pool. Great way to start my day.

All told, I definitely recommend the River Inn!

River Inn a great value for a suite!

I took my family on a last minute trip to D.C. in January and we got a great deal at the River Inn. We spent $99.00 online and got a very nice room with private changing area and full kitchen. If you're looking to spend your money on a nicer room then the "Comfort Inn" type this was great for a weekend. I think a week long visit would need a bigger room then the Jr. Suite. The doorman gave us great directions and tips on where to go with kids and without. This was by far one of the least expensive trips we've taken in a long time. Thank you River Inn!

Great location, clean, overall a good choice

by TripAdvisor Member dk6034

Our family stayed at The River Inn from March 31, 2005 to April 3, 2005. Upon arrival to our room, we immediately asked for a room on another floor due to the heavy smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway (although not in the room). We were accommodated quickly to another room on another floor; however, the room was very warm. When we couldn't get the a/c to come on, we called the front desk and were told to open a window. That's what we did and it did cool off the room, but we were glad we weren't there in the summer. Upon returning from dinner the next night, we exited the elevator to find the hallway smelling very badly of cigarette smoke. We called the front desk and were told that the floor was totally non-smoking and they would look into it. We did not smell smoke in our room, but the hotel sent someone up right away and apparently took care of the problem. Overall, we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful when we needed something (with the exception of the a/c problem). As other reviewers have noted, this hotel is in a great location - very near the Metro and close enough to walk to Georgetown, Kennedy Center, Watergate complex, etc. We would stay here again, but probably not if the weather was very warm. I've read other reviewers complaints about the a/c and ventilation problem, and unfortunately, it was true. But I would not let that blemish my opinion of an otherwise nice, clean hotel in a very good location, with helpful and friendly staff, and at a very good price.

Loved it !!!

It was a wonder full hotel. I loved the fact that I had a small suite for almost the same price as a regular room elsewhere. I was able to prepare some coffee and a light breakfast before heading out for the day. The suite was really nice, cozy, but so are many of the other hotels I have stayed in D.C. It has a swanky modern feel, but is very comfortable and inviting. I am on a government per diem, and come to D.C. occasionally. I always pay more than the goverment per diem but I would rather stay at the river inn than another hotel. But I usually get a pretty good rates when I call the hotel.
The staff varies. I have found that some are extremely nice and professional, while others need some improvement. But overall, they are responsive to my needs.
I think this hotel is excellent choice for business travelers, families and just about everyone.

Just OK

I spent three nights at the River Inn on a business trip. The neighborhood is charming -- cute little rowhouses with flower gardens, and the Metro is only a few short blocks away. Georgetown is within walking distance, although a bit of a hike. I wished there were more restaurants and shops closer in.

The room itself was smaller than I expected -- much like a regular hotel room but with a kitchenette added on. Decor was okay if a bit faded, except the ugly red vinyl on the blackout drapes. Windows were large, and my windows opened to let in fresh air. Air conditioning system looked antiquated but worked fine.

The coffee beans and grinder were a nice touch, as were the Aveda toiletries. Bed pillows were big and fluffy. Bathtub was too shallow (like most, unfortunately). All in all, a mixed bag. I'm not in a hurry to go back, but if I need a room on short notice, it seems easier to get in here than in some other hotels I've been looking at.

The River Inn is One of the Best Hotels We've Stayed at in Years

My Mother and I had one of the most delightful travel experiences we've had in a long time at The River Inn. The entire staff, from front desk to bellmen to housekeeping were exceptional and displayed the highest level of customer service. We felt more like family or at the very least, long time residents. The hotel grounds, lobby and rooms were immaculate and well maintained. The air conditioning, always important as we approach summer, worked like a dream. The kitchen was well stocked and the room furniture was plentiful and tastefully arranged. TV stations were great - they have Sci-Fi, Cartoon Network, many of the stations that your typical hotels do not carry. After our stay at the River Inn, we would not consider staying at another hotel. I'd say this hotel would do well by business travelers, adults on vacation, as well as adults and children. What a memorable stay!

The River Inn...hot suite near Foggy Bottom Metro...

by TripAdvisor Member luvlck

We recently stayed at the River Inn, in a one bedroom suite. and requested a view room of the Potomac River. I believe only the top floor (8th floor) has views. The view was very nice. We could see the boathouse, the Key bridge & harbour fr our room. Gorgeous sunsets can be watched through large windows, but the suite gets awfully hot during the afternoon when the sun hits the back of the hotel. That seemed to be the only problem we experienced & never did complain to the front desk 'cause... they made it up with everything else. Besides, I liked the room & eventually, after a while, the room did cool down. They list their suites as luxury, but it was more deluxe. The room was clean, spacious & seemed recently upgraded with new paint, tiles & furnishings. The bed & sofabed were very comfortable. The sm kitchenette with microwave, stove, coffeemaker, & frig was useful for meals in. There is a grocery store at the Watergate Hotel, a few blocks down the street & a smaller convenience store a block-a-way. Laundry facility on premises. The hotel is very close to the Metro station, Foggy Bottom, and the George Washington Hospital, both, one block away, a BIG plus. The closest memorial, The Lincoln Memorial is probably less than two miles. The Dish restaurant on the premises was good for breakfast but did not eat there for dinner. The harbour has several waterfront restaurants if you don't mind the mile walk. And the Rockcreek & Potomac Parkway is closeby for leisure walks or jogging which can lead you to the Lincoln Memorial. Also, the Kennedy Center is walking distance of half-a-mile. The staff was friendly and wants to ensure you enjoyed your stay. Only then did I let them know of "hot" room. Upon arrival they offer a choc chip cookie and bottle of wine which we enjoyed. Overall, I would stay here again.

Enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member trnmo

I stayed at The River Inn for 6 nights and had a great stay. The hotel staff went out of their way to treat me wonderfully. The room was comfortable as was the bed. Close to metro, 2 blocks, and close to grocery store, 4 blocks. Huge full size kitchen was useful too.

Only negative was the slow elevators with 1 broken for part of stay. Ate at The Dish reataurant only once and food was very good. Would recommed this place, and in a quiet neighborhood.

Loved the River Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member SulyM

I recently stayed at The River Inn from July 3 to July 6. I really enjoyed my stay there. The hotel used to be an apartment building in the residential area called Foggy Bottom. I've stayed in the Foggy Bottom area before and find it to be my favorite. It's a quaint, charming neighborhood with adorable (and expensive!) row houses, central to everything but nice and quiet. The hotel room was very clean. I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to staying in hotels - but I was totally comfortable in this room. The bathroom was great - nice and clean - and decorated in a quaint style - more of your home bathroom rather than a generic hotel bathroom. It came with nice Aveda toiletries. There was also a dressing area blocked off from the sleeping area for privacy. There was a sitting area for eating and a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, gas stove and microwave. The kitchen had an "old fashioned look" from it's apartment days, but this added to its charm for me. The hotel includes a coffee grinder and fresh coffee beans with the coffee maker, so coffee in the morning was delicious.
The only down side to the room was the view - which was of a wall to another building and if you looked down - a trash dumpster! I booked the hotel at a special rate through Expedia ($99 a night), so I guess this was the reason for the discount. The trash was picked up one morning at 5:49 a.m. - which was so awful for a hotel that all I could do was laugh! In any event, we wanted our hotel for sleeping in between seeing all the sites, so it wasn't a big deal for me at all.
My family and I walked everywhere around D.C. In one direction from the hotel, the Lincoln Memorial was 1 mile. In another direction, the White House was 1 mile. And then from there we walked to museums and more memorials. We also walked to Georgetown from the hotel, plus CVS and a grocery store are located down the street at the Watergate. I would recommend this hotel - and would happily return.

Dish/River Inn, Washington DCDish/River Inn, Washington DC

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

AKA White House
Latest: Apr 12, 2014

River Inn

The River Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 924 25th St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States