St. Gregory Luxury Hotel And Suites

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

St Gregory Hotel and Suites

197$ for weekends (2 nights)

Unique Quality: Great location, close to metro, walking distance to George town, whitehouse.

Directions: At the corner of M street and 21 street

More about St. Gregory Luxury Hotel And Suites

Great Location and Room

We found a great rate on the St Gregory website ($50 pd cheaper than any of the other travel sites).

The hotel is an easy 15 minute walk to two Metro stations (Dupont Circle and Foggy Bottom). From there it is less than a 10 minute ride to the Smithsonian and other attractions. It is also close to restaurants (formal and informal), pharmacies, coffee shops, etc.

We found that the rooms were not sound proof, and we could clearly hear the traffic in our room that was facing M Street, however we got used to that.

The staff were friendly and were quick to respond to any needs we had. The only inconsistencies we experienced regarded the doormen ... at times we found ourselves holding the door for them, which was rather amusing :-).

In summary, the rooms are very clean, the service is good and location excellent. I would recommend it.

Excellent value and top quality in DC

I had to be in Washington DC for two nights at a meeting and needed to find a place near the Foggy Bottom area. I got a rate of $209 per night on this stay from their web site and given the reviews I read decided it would be a good choice.

Let me say it far exceeded my expectations. It's a little lobby with a nice little bar and grill on the ground floor, small reception area and small front desk. I was checked in quickly after a 10 minute cab ride from DC National/Regan airport. Went to my room and it was excellent. Full kitchen with all appliances, a nice big table, a full living room set up with CD player, flat screen HDTV on the wall, desk with high speed internet, $10 extra per day, and a nice big sofa and chairs. The bathroom was huge, spotless and nicely appointed.

The bed room was seperate with a ton of closet space, big king bed, windows that open over looking the street below and a nice quiet heating unit. Room service was fairly priced, got me the food quickly and removed the food just as fast.

The location of the hotel is outstanding in my opinion. I took an easy walk to my conference at George Washington University and went past the Ritz, The Embassey suites, Wyndam and the Grand Hyatt all in 3 minutes walk from the hotel. Lots of great looking places to eat, close to everything and a great price for the size of the room, quality of the room and location. I would think this would be an outstanding location and choice for someone staying a week or more as you would be able to fully utilize the kitchen in the suite.

I highly recommend it if your not looking for a BIG hotel location or event type of hotel. Just a great place to stay.

Great staff

by TripAdvisor Member tigertora

We stayed 6 nights with 10 people in 3 rooms. The location is very good, close to 2 metro stops and walking distance to many restaurants - fast food to fine dining. The staff was very accommodating - excellent front desk. Kamil Baba, Director of Operations, helped me to arrange for pick up and ride to hotel for non English speaking visitors. Another advantage for us was the coin operated laundry. The rooms are not large and have very thin walls. Kitchen is not fully equipped - do not plan on cooking. No business center on site. Don't get a room by the elevator as you will hear it all night. Fairly comfortable beds, clean room, but carpet left our socks black. Overall, I would stay here again for the locatiion, mini kitchen, laundry and excellent staff.

perfect

by TripAdvisor Member franscene

My husband and college aged daughter stayed for 3 nights at the St. Gregory as part of the Paris on the Potomac promotion. Our room (a King suite) was one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in and affordable too. The layout, with a kitchen and large bath was very practical. Even though it became unseasonably hot outside, the A/C in the room worked perfectly to keep the temperature where we like it. We had read that the street noise in Dupont Circle would be troublesome but we always travel with our white noise machine and that did the trick. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff is really sharp too. They thanked us for helping the DC economy when we checked out!
A happy traveler from Rhode Island

Rolling Thunder Relaxation!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ladyintravel

Well I must say that I booked this hotel for my husband and his brother so they could attend the Rolling Thunder Veterans Rally, since these are guys that the hotel is just a place to crash to them it didn't matter much where I put them so to my surprise when they couldn't stop talking about this place I knew I made the correct choice. First of all from the first time that I called I was treated with such kindness that in these days doesn't really come by that much. I dealt with a employee by the name of Mia which when I confronted her for about 15 minutes on the phone she went out of her way to describe in detail as to wether I should put them in the suite compared to the 9th floor balcony, I opted for the balcony and they just loved it. The staff seems to go out of there way to accomadate their guests. Would love to stay there myself next time. Just to sum it up if these two men found the place worth talking about then I guess it's something special......

Just OK

The web deal said "luxury hotel", but it was just OK. Hotel bar was staffed by snobby eastern Europeans, who seemed annoyed by every request. Maybe that is standard in Slovenia, but it gets tiresome, especially when I am paying $10 per drink.

On the plus side, the room included a kitchenette (unexpected), but came with double beds instead of a king (also unexpected). For an Orbitz special, I guess I can't complain too much, but it's certainly not "luxury" by any stretch of the imagination.

Excellent Hotel

My 9th floor room had a balcony with a table and two chairs. It was large, well appointed, and very comfortable. This was a regular 'single' room that I booked via the internet - not a special club room or a suite. The staff was crisply friendly. It is a bit of a hike (1/2 mile) to either the Dupont Circle or the Foggy Bottom Metro if you are carrying your own bag - but otherwise, this is a perfect place to stay in DC. Surprisingly good hotel for the price. I would certainly stay here again.

love this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hackett2069

We recently returned from our 2nd stay at St Gregorys. The first one was last summer and we liked it then. We decided to give it another try this past weekend and afterwards decided that there is no need to look at other hotels in the future. We will be staying here every time we go to DC. Its in a great neighborhood, safe and close to the Metro, the staff is great and the rooms are great, especially the bathrooms with their great showers!And the prices are really reasonable on the weekends. The first time we stayed, we got the wrong room-2 single beds instead of the 1 king we requested, but a quick phone call got us upgraded to a suite with a kitchen, which was excellent. The second time, we had wanted a balcony, but we checked in very late and none were available, but again we were upgraded. The room had no view but we weren't there for the view, just visiting the museums. Both my husband and I love this place, and we are pretty picky!!

Very Nice Hotel

What a lovely hotel. My husband and I needed a getaway and to celebrate our Anniversary and while browsing the internet came across the St.Gregory. We are so glad that we made this choice. What a beautiful hotel and the service we received was outstanding. I must agree that the food at the restaurant was a bit high. We did not expect to get a suite but once we called about a mix-up in our room they upgraded us without hesitation. We will spend our next Anniversary at the St.Gregory.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

St Gregory Hotel Washington Dc
St Gregory Washington Dc
St. Gregory Hotel And Suites
St. Gregory Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2033 M Street NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States