St. Regis Washington D.C.

The St. Regis Washington, D.C.
Booking.com Expedia.com StRegis.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about St. Regis Washington D.C.

Charming and Regal

by TripAdvisor Member WindyCitiers

The St. Regis Washington is all that you would hope for in a super-upscale hotel. From knowledge of the staff, to bath amenities, to the décor in the guest rooms, this place was the tops. Add that to the location, which cannot be beat, and you have the perfect experience. I can't really think of anything that would have improved the hotel. Looking forward to my next stay there.

Great location for tourists

by TripAdvisor Member IHeartTravel193

I stayed here for four nights over a long weekend while I played tourist and checked out the sites of Washington, D.C. This was a great location as it is only two blocks away from the White House and so close to the National Mall, Capitol Hill, etc. It's also a nice walk to a number of other neighborhoods in DC, such as Georgetown, Dupont Circle, U Street, etc. The hotel is grand and luxurious - what you would expect from St. Regis. Service was good, though my one complaint was that the Concierge Desk was limited in the restaurants they recommended. Most of their suggestions were high-end, fancy restuarants (which I know is expected at the St. Regis), but when I specifically requested a casual, low-key spot they couldn't come up with anything. My room was nice and comfortable, and I enjoyed the TV in the bathroom mirror (was nice to watch the news as I got ready in the morning).

Overall the hotel met my expectations, but next time I will probably give my first choice in DC (the Four Seasons, which was full) a try for comparisons sake.

Beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member sginmd

The St. Regis is a wonderful hotel. It is very close to the Metro. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the service is wonderful also. The bathroom mirrors are 'electric mirrors' which means that they have a TV in them. The only thing I didn't like about the room is that there isn't much counter space in the bathroom to put all of your stuff. Otherwise everything was great and I would definately stay there again!

Beautiful, luxury St. Regis Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chatham

My husband and I stayed there for a 3 day weekend to visit the sites in DC. The hotel is first class all the way. Wonderful service from check in (we arrived earlier than expected and well before normal check in time and they prepared a beautiful room for us right away!), to the butler service, to excellent martinis at the bar, to a helpful consiarge, lovely breakfast in their new restaurant (though we did not try dinner there) everythng was wonderful. The room was lovely - mirror television in the bathroom, slippers and robes, candies, etc. Everything you would expect in a first class property. As we came and left each time, they welcomed us and wished us a nice day...and knew our name! I would certainly stay there again.

Fastantic hotel!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member yenfer24

The St. Regis in Washington DC is wonderful. I stayed at this hotel on December 27 for one night. I read some on the reviews posted here and I decided to try the st. regis and I am glad I did. The service in the St. Regis is superb. From the moment you step a foot on the door you feel like royalty. The rooms are spacius and comfortable and you even have your personal butler. There are always two complementary bottles of Fuji water in the room which are frequently refurbished. We left in the afternoon and left the computer on the bed amd when we came back the computer was on the sofa and everything was organized. The experience in the restaurant was also great the food is high quality and the waiters offer a high quality service. The only thing I did not like about the hotel was its sobriety. It was a little bit boring for me but that's just a personal opinion. I highly recomend this hotel to anyone wanting to have a great experience in washington dc.

Beautiful hotel...mediocre service.

by TripAdvisor Member fabfinds

This is a beautiful commanding hotel which is housed in a beautiful old historic limestone building. The entrance is gorgeous as are all the public spaces and Alain Ducasse's new restaurant....classic modern done very well.
The hotel falls short with service, as an example upon arriving, there must have been 4 people at the entrance, but they failed to open our door right away, take the luggage,etc.....almost like a delayed reaction.
The front desk check in took a ridiculous 20min. as he appeared to not have command of the check in system and coudlnt' find our room.........when he finally did he told my husband that he was giving us a complimentary upgrade. When we went to the room, we felt claustrophobic, the room was nicely decorated but very narrow and the bathroom was very small. We called to the desk as that was not acceptable, we went up to a higher floor which gave us a slightly bigger room, bigger bath. The appointments in the room are very nice and it is very luxurious.
The beds were extremely comfortable and eating in the restaurant was a treat.
Overall I recommend it though my husband said he prefers the Ritz and Park Hyatt over this but the service needs some major tweaking.....beautiful place but you must be patient.

Beautiful Hotel, Very poor service

by TripAdvisor Member eggology86

I stayed at the st.regis hotel for 3 nights in february. The Hotel itself is very nice, the lobby is beautiful and the rooms look nice altough a bit too simple considering the fact that they underwent a restoration 1 year ago.

The service is what drags the hotel down in my rankings. Altough the service standards in US can´t be compared to europe, middle east or Asia, you expect at least basic standard procedures.

When I arrvied there was one door man ( who was acting very strange, almost too childish) and and a bellman talking to each other almost forgeting they were at work. The reception desk is very small, maybe good size considering the amount of rooms (175), but still small to me. The check in process was pretty quick, even though i felt the agent just wanted me to get out of her face. She was not even looking my in the eye when talking to me. The bellman , as often the case in US, was just describing me the features in my room , with the purpose of tip in mind, No real genuitiy.

The the butler came, which i dont understand the purpose of. Feels like St.regis promote the butler service for its name, but they are definetly no real butlers. The tie was not even done properly on the butler ( even though i would have imagined a butler with a bow tie). They looked more like any other guest in the hotel, or the bellman just with different jacket on.

Housekeeping could have been better too. The maids were talking so loud outside my door i woke up several times. My schampoo and soap was almost empty, and they did not replace it during my stay, which is odd for a luxury property.

Room service was ok, however i didnt like the menu, was a little bit too simple for a 5 star place.

The adour restaurant was good, but not as good as my expectations were. Obviously Alain Ducasse doesnt consider it fine dining, because it is definetly NOT! They have too much staff in that restaurant , and too many supervisors/managers walking around doing nothing, But like I said, US is not a service culture,

My overall impression is that they have a very beautiful Hotel, but the service is way too low for it being worthy of a St. Regis. If you want to stay at a S,t Regis please stay at Rome or London. They are worth your money spent. The location is great, but i rather stay in a hotel a bit further away from the attractions if it provides betetr service, because in the end, that is what distinguishes hotels from each other.

PS. It must have been the worst fitness center i have seen in a 5 star hotel, Smaller than my bedroom in my house.

Excellent everything.

by TripAdvisor Member vashonisland

The most gracious and helpful concierge I have ever encountered. The room was magnificent in every detail. Spacious, inviting with the most luxurious amenities. They let us check in 3 hours early, suggested sites and advised that the wifi was free in the lobby...and what a lobby! I can't imagine a more fantastic hotel, anywhere. (We were traveling with a kid and they were kind and friendly to him, too.

Very good hotel, I would stay there again if I received the same room for the same rate

by TripAdvisor Member ajs1974mia

CHECK IN -- I booked through a promotion to obtain the best room available at the time of check-in while paying for a superior room. After some confusion at check-in, I was given a St. Regis Suite. I was a little surprised, though, when I called to confirm the night before I checked out to make sure I could check out at 4 p.m. the following day as a Starwood Gold member and was told "we really need the room as soon as possible because someone important is checking in." Even if that's true, why would you tell a guest that??
ROOM -- very nice. The suite was very spacious. Big TVs in each room, including a cool one behind the bathroom mirror. Wireless internet. Large bath and standing shower. Very quiet other than slight noise from the street (no noise from adjoining rooms or hallway). Not a lot of light in the rooms though, because windows are not floor to ceiling. President Obama was speaking in the hotel the afternoon I arrived so there were a ton of Secret Service agents all over the place.
SERVICE -- for the most part it was pretty good. Was very disappointed with concierge though. When I checked on an important FedEx package I was scheduled to receive, I was told the hotel did not have it, and then was told the next day they'd had the package since the day before. Another lapse -- I had to call three different times to get a copy of the NY Times delivered to my room. For the most part though, the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to say hello or smile. The manager on duty when I arrived, Walid, was very friendly and helpful.
RESTAURANT -- this is the crown jewel of the hotel. Adour is one of the best restaurants I've ever had the pleasure of dining in. I liked it so much that I ate there every day during my three-day stay. The presentation of the food is great, the food is not too eccentric, the ingredients are mixed well, wine selections are excellent, and the seating is very comfortable. Do not miss the opportunity to eat here if you stay in the hotel.
GYM -- awful. It is a small hotel room that has been replaced with two treadmills, a few stairmasters and an all-in-one weight machine. In fairness, a sign says they are renovating it later this year.
TECHNOLOGY -- this is a somewhat old-school hotel. The phones are like the phones you'd find in a normal hotel. The San Fran St. Regis has an incredible display panel you use to control the TV, lights, phone system, curtains, etc. Nothing like that here. The TVs are large and not only LCD, but they actually have high def stations (unlike most nice hotels, which have LCD TVs but use standard broadcast stations). See mirror TV discussed above. Bose station for iPod/iPhone was good. Would be nice if they had speakers in the second room of the suite that connected to the Bose station.
OTHER NOTES:
* No ATM in the hotel (odd for such a nice hotel)
* Nice that you're not asked to sign for room service every time it's delivered (it's automatically charged, along with the service charge)
* The complimentary bottles of Fiji water that are replaced each night were a nice touch
* Two blocks from the White House, which was pretty cool. Went for a jog past the White House, up to the Washington Monument, and back.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
Latest: Jul 16, 2014
Marriott Washington
Latest: Jul 19, 2014

St. Regis Washington D.C.

St Regis Washington Dc
Washington Dc St Regis
The St. Regis Washington, D.c. Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 923 16th and K Streets, N.W., Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20006, United States