The District Washington D.C.

District Hotel Washington
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 38% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• eternel2002's Profile Photo

Braxton hotel

This hotel is not bad, looks little old, the location is good, just 6 blocks from the white house and the touristic area with all mesuems and memorials, so this is perfect to walk to get there, the metro is about 5 blocks too (Metro: McPherson SQ).
    There is a breakfast included, the single room is very small, but I have to mentien that it's may be the cheapest hotel in wachington so in all I can it's okey.

Unique Quality: good location

Directions: Metro: McPherson SQ

More about The District Washington D.C.

Excellent Location

by Yaqui about The District Hotel

I was trying to help a friend find a place that was a centrally located near the main attractions and the metro. This place boasted at being as centrally located, especially after looking at a map. I have to say I was cringing because you just never know. As it turns out, the place was not bad at all. Not great, but not bad. It is located very near restuarants, pubs, and all the main landmarks and the metro is a very easy walk. They have parking behind the hotel, but was not sure if the car would survive, but it did. She mentioned the rooms were ok, but did say the beds were very comfortable. The staff was helpful, but did have to challenge them when they told her she be paying full price and it was not the price she booked. Yet, she got the price she asked for, so that all worked out. She has recommend I try it next time I travel with my family. So I just might do that.

Horrible.. Atrocious.. Terrible.. ahhh I am short of words now..

Please stay away from this Hotel.. thats the honest suggestion I can give to anyone..
There are more important things in our life than saving some bucks !!

I was staying in Marriott and somehow my trip got extended, I tried to extend my stay at Marriott and unfortunately it was full and so I tried to look for one night stay somewhere.. my friend booked this hotel for me online and when I reached there with him... Oh my god !! My friend took my photograph in this hell as a part of my life when I was tortured the most. First of all, the room is not what they are showing on website.. Second it is a closet with barely any space to move around. It was really scary to take a shower in bathroom as its floor was broken and everytime I was getting a felling that I may fall to ground floor anytime I entered in it.

I had to put cotton in my nostrils to stay for one night as I was not getting room in hotels..

I think from years, they have not done laundry for their bed sheets, curtains and etc..

I think they should put a board in the front of hotel.

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK...

Not as Bad as People Say

This place was not as bad as the reviews made it out to be. It was the last room available in the city last week that I could afford. For a budget hotel, it was not bad. The rooms were old, but clean, I had a private bath and cable tv. The staff was better then some of the staff at some chains I have stayed at, and the location was outstanding. I would not say it is the Ritz, but for the location it cant be beat

three stars???

How did this place ever get three stars? It's good to know about the new management -- it sure needs it. The elevator is broken and the housekeeping casual at best. In its favor: staff are very polite and helpful, plus it's cheap.

Stay away

I checked out 10 minutes after checking in. The lobby with free coffee was misleading. the broken elevator wasn't. The room's door was less secure than a regular bathroom door. Walls paper thin. Bed and bedding discusting. The bathroom floor was about to collapse.

Yes, it's close to downtown but even as a student I never would of tolerate such a crappy hotel. Service was nice though.

You get what you pay for

Was in D.C for 2 days and stayed at the Braxton Hotel for 1 night. You get what you pay for. This hotel is cheap compared to what you would pay at any other hotel that is close to the white house. We just used the hotel for sleeping purposes and was out and about for most of the day and night. Our room was smokey and the a.c. didn't work. Staff was very friendly. Overall, the room was decent and it seemed clean. The t.v had cable. Wished there was a mini fridge or at least something to keep my water cold. Would i stay there again for more than a night, sure. Would i stay there for a week, i would probably look for a timeshare.

Old and nasty

by TripAdvisor Member gsxrter1994

The Braxton is a nasty and funky (dirty and old)hotel.
the first thing you find out is that the elevator doesnt work nor is there a ice machine or cup or a ice bucket toleit paper rool holder.
The room had a flimsy door on it with one lock a kid could kick in and the room was dirty, small.
the balcony that was off our room was covered in many piles of bird droppings.
Do you self a favor and stay next door at the hotel helix which i wished we had stayed at.
Braxtons location might be good but the nasty rooms are not worth 20.00 dollars a nite!
p.s i am not hard to please however i was horrified!

Quite bad

This hotel is extremely run-down. There was no elevator. The room was very small and did not smell very good. There was no electricity in the bathroom (but they fixed it, although it took a day). The air conditioner was really old and stopped working on the third day of my stay. The room and the bathroom was reasonably clean, but the corridors looked like they had not been cleaned for weeks. I can say only two good things about this place. First, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Second, there was free and superfast wireless Internet access in the lobby. Otherwise, I cannot recommend this hotel, and will not stay there again. The location is good if you like to walk. However, it is not very close to the subway (about 10-15 mins walk to Dupont Circle or McPherson Square).

smelly crappy hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gelsomina

I think this is a crappy and smelly hotel. The elevator is broken. The room was not really clean, lots of stains in carpet, and the room was smelly. The paint is falling off the walls. I found it really dissappointing. I have staied in many budget hotel but this was still too expensive. I paied about 90 $ (tax included) for single room. If you have a choice spend a little more for a better place.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Latest Washington D.C. hotel reviews

Capital City Hotel
The Watergate Hotel
Latest: Mar 7, 2010
Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House
Days Inn Connecticut Ave
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Marriott Washington
AKA White House
Latest: Jul 1, 2014
One Washington Circle Hotel

The District Washington D.C.

District Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 1440 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States