Booking.com BookIt.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Marisola's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location!

This former Hilton Hotel is a cozy, convenient hotel located on Embassy Row, near the Metro Station at Dupont Circle.

Unique Quality: Has a nice view of the city from the sundeck and outdoor pool on the roof.

Directions: Dupont Circle, Massachusetts and 20th St. On the Metro, take the red line to Dupont Circle.

• Definitely, the Embassy Row...

Definitely, the Embassy Row Hilton, although the Hilton six blocks up the hill was lovely too and vast. A convention/conference level Hilton, that one, called the Hilton Washington Towers. That one is at 1919 Connecticut Av NW, D.D. 20009. Tel. 1-800-774-1500 for info or reservations to either one.
    In American dollars, $190/night.

Unique Quality: Great views, seclusion, relaxation, ease & comfort--absolutely trouble free. People are only noticeable when you want them around--no noise, no intrusions, a plush & hushed atmosphere. Convenient to the most fun parts of D.C. and to fascinating buildings well maintained, and from 1800s. Unobtrusive staff that could not be more accommmodating. Can be a very private experience, if you choose. Pool is atop the roof. Workout gym within the hotel. Valet service. In room coffee maker, quite fine brew. Hor d'oeuvres in the bar, which is roomy. You may meet visiting diplomats. 'USA Today' delivered each morning to the door.

Directions: Literally on Embassy Row in NW Washington D.C. Hilton Washington Embassy Row Hotel, 2015 Massachusetts Avenue, NW in D.C. 20036

More about Hilton Washington Embassy Row

A Wonderful Stay

Location, Location. This hotel is perfect location for anyone travelling to DC. It was close to Metro that's all anyone can ask when traveling to this wonderful city. Its the best way to get around in DC and this hotel has a metro stop around the corner. The hotel was close to shopping and plenty of places to eat. The staff was very cordial and helpful to a fault. I arrived with my family early in the morning and most hotels don't have check-in until 3 PM and an individual at the front desk went out of her way to check us into a room at 9AM. Everyone else at the hotel was very helpful whenever I needed something. I was even allowed at late checkout. I can't say enough about this hotel and the wonderful staff.

Just average - nothing special

I just returned from a three-day stay at this hotel, located in the DuPont Circle area of D.C. When I arrived, I noticed hair in the sink and toilet, which made me question just how clean my room was. I also found hair on the blanket. The bathroom was very small. There was absolutely no view. The heavy curtains on the window didn't close all the way, so at night, I couldn't block out the lights from every other room that faced the inside "atrium view". It wasn't all that sound-proof either. I could hear doors opening and closing all night. The last morning I was there, the USA Today newspaper wasn't delivered. The plus side is that the hotel is only a block from the Metro, and a block or so from all the great restaurants in this area. However, for the money, there are so many other hotel options in this area, and in D.C. in general. Consider staying somewhere else.

Odd Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member yachtinteract

Stayed at this hotel during a city holiday trip to Washington.
When we arrived at the hotel at 3pm (and had told them when booking online we would arrived at 2pm) our room was not ready yet. All the staff appeared to be in the bar trying the new food menu. One of the managers asked us if we would like to join them but we declined. As we left to go for a walk while we waited as we went out one of the staff had an ordinary vacuum cleaner and was using it to clean the garage and driveway!

At about 4:30pm we got our room (a junior suite). The staff (in the very small reception) did not seem at all organised and could not really work out our breakfast vouchers and everything was a bit of a problem to them.

The room was in two parts. As you entered the door you had a desk and lounge area. The problem was you could only just fit in between the sofa and the TV and so sat with your nose against the TV if you wanted to watch it. The TV cabinet separated the bed from the lounge.
The bedroom had a large king bed. Was put off by burn marks on the cover on the bed but appeared to be clean.

The bathroom was ok but very small. The toilet, bath, and sink all fitted into a very small area and was showing its age. Also towels where not that clean.

You can see that the rooms have been done up but not very well planned while doing it and the same furniture put back in.

Breakfast was served downstairs in the International Marketplace restaurant. Must say that I found the food very dry and over cooked. Staff would be OK one day and the next day not even offer you coffee until you asked. I must say that we did not try the restaurant any other time as breakfast had put us off.

When we booked the hotel had an executive lounge but this is no longer there.

Overall the staff are very odd and not the keen to help.

Must say that I would not stay again and would give the Hilton Washington a go next time (even though the Hilton website says it is out of town it is not that far away from this hotel).

Great Hotel & Location, Outdoor Pool

Stayed at hotel over 4th of July. Wonderful Rooftop pool with views of the city and a bar. Jr. Suites are beautiful. Very spacious and brand new. The hotel is located in a great area of DC and next to the METRO. Brings all the sites close to the city. Staff is very friendly. Omlette Station is a great touch in the restaurant. Highly recommend this hotel.

Consider carefully before you book

Stayed here in July of '05 which was my second stay in a year. If you consider the usual standards of a Hilton hotel then this hotel is totally below standard. That said, if you get an extremely cheap rate, and want to be in one of the best areas of town with regards to easy transport and not having to worry about walking more than a couple of blocks for great places to eat,clubs,goodies etc. then consider this hotel knowing the following:
The rooms, in general are very small. Some face the inside of the building, others the street. It's quiet in general, except for the overpowered air conditioning which makes it sound as if you are in a wind tunnel. I was offered 3 rooms, one worse than the other. The bed cover and skirt had stains in the first room, the second room on the concierge floor had rug stains, the queen bed had two tiny pillows that did not even cover the head board, with dark old furnishings throughout the room, a thermostat that had to be set at 85 to shut off in the middle of summer, with the conceirge lounge windows covered in paper with no explanation. The third room was an amalgamation of the problems with the other two rooms. The housekeeping was weak, and there was a previous guest's personal items on the desk in the first room. I settled on a small room with a King bed which was acceptably comfortable. The bathroom was small, but clean and adequate for one or two VERY friendly people.
That said, the fact that the desk clerk gave me a choice of three rooms at 10:30 on a Friday night and housekeeping called my room to check if I wanted anything at 6 pm due to the fact I had forgotten to take the "Do not disturb sign" off the door when I left for the day redeems this hotel somewhat.
With the above said, decide for yourself what you are willing to accept for staying at this substandard Hilton. It may just suit your purposes as long as you know what to expect.

Bad Reviews Were Unfounded

by TripAdvisor Member gobob

I felt compelled to write a review in defense of the Embassy Row Hilton, because it seems like no one else has had anything good to say about it. My wife and I stayed here for two nights in July 2005 on a Hotwire rate of $89/nt. We were given a smallish room with a queen bed and an interior view on the 2d floor of the hotel. First, the service was very nice, from the front desk staff to the bellhops. The room was clean and updated, and the bed was very clean and comfortable also. The bathroom was also very clean and orderly, and did not exhibit the age that some others have referenced. In addition, the Dupont Circle metro is about a block away, along with the Dupont Grille at the Jury's Hotel on New Hampshire Ave., the Kramerbooks Cafe on 19th St., and the Wrapworks tex-mex on Connecticut Ave. which were all very good restaurants/cafes for the niches which they fit. In other words, a fantastic location. If you're a walker, its about a mile up Connecticut Ave. to the Zoo in Woodley Park, and about a 1/2 mile in the inbound direction on Connecticut to the White House and the monuments on the Mall. I had some reservations after I read some of the other reviews (as you may know with Hotwire, you don't find out the hotel until after you pay), but the Embassy Row Hilton was an accessible, clean hotel worthy of 3+ stars and the $89/night -a good place if you need a hotel for nothing other than sleeping and showering.

Awful

I just returned from staying at this hotel during a conference. It was awful and not at all what I expected of a Hilton hotel. To begin with, the man at the front desk was arrogant and unhelpful - I guess because I was in the Hilton honors line but couldn't immediately find my Hilton honors card. I was given a room on the concierge floor. I was not told that the concierge lounge was under construction. Upon using my key to enter the conceirge lounge I found ladders, paint, drywall and electrical cords. I found it odd that there was no sign outside the lounge to tell people that it was not available, and odd that my key even opened the door. I do not mind that the hotel is old, but it was filthy. Dust and grime were everywhere in my room. I also saw several bugs/spiders in my room - thankfully not ticks, and not to the extent that one other reviewer saw, but bugs nonetheless. The curtains did not close all the way and one was ripped. You could open the windows but there were no screens on them. The hair-dryer only worked if I held the power button on the entire time I was drying my hair. The TV did not work properly, several of the channels were merely still pictures from that particular station. My bathroom door lock was broken and unusable. I traveled here with a friend, and the TV in her room also did not work. Her room smelled strongly of propane and had an incessant ticking noise in it. Of the two elevators available, only one worked and it was extremely slow. During the one time I went to their restaurant for the breakfast buffet, several people who had gone up to the buffet for more food came back to find that their tables had been given to other parties. This actually happened several times! I was seated at a dirty table. I had to ask the waitress twice for a drink and then ended up with two drinks instead of the one I ordered. This is all unacceptable for a room that costs $229 a night. If you are spending this amount of money, go to the JW Marriot on Pennsylvania Avenue. It is clean, better located and most importantly, you are treated with respect and courtesy there.

Good place to stay if your company foots the bill

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend on a business trip. You really could not get in a better part of town, and there is a great nightlife within walking distance of the hotel, as well as many other places to visit by day.
Yes, the rooms were small, but I wasn't planning on doing calisthenics in them or anything, so I didn't need much space. The bed was absolutely wonderful!!!
The room itself was a little older, but still well appointed. I think that I might have been more critical if I was paying the 325 bucks for a two night stay, but as it was, I was very satisfied.
Also, I read that many people say that the staff is not friendly. It was my experience that many of the waitstaff are not native Americans and thus struggle with the language, but that they really are friendly if you chat with them for a few moments. I happened to be waiting for a ride, and I noticed that most people who walked past the staff completely ignored them. Take that into account when judging how they might have reacted to you.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Latest: Jul 1, 2014

Hilton Washington Dc
Washington Dc Hilton
Hilton Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2015 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States