The Intown Uptown Inn

4907 14th St NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20011, United States

More about The Intown Uptown Inn

A Wonderful DC B&B

by TripAdvisor Member BB42

Charming, tasteful decor - generous, sincere, hospitable, inhabitants, Sandy (especially!), the cook, the dog. Everyone went out of their way to make me feel welcome and, even though my conference schedule didn't allow me to enjoy breakfast, I left for my easy busride downtown every morning supplied with a hot cup of excellent coffee and a tasty muffin or piece of cornbread. I felt like I was coming HOME every evening.

Great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member lv2travel_73

My husband and I stayed at the Intown Uptown for three nights prior to his deploying overseas. The Inn is beautiful, the rooms comfortable, Sandy is a wonderful hostess (who went far beyond the call of duty when we had car trouble), and Miles (the dog) adds a homey touch. And did I mention that the food is excellent? Breakfasts were healthy and filling. Neighborhood restaurants (recommended by Sandy) are quite nice as well. Parking was a breeze and the bus takes you right onto the mall. Would definately stay here again.

A hidden treasure!

by TripAdvisor Member pearlsnana

What a delight – we found the Intown Uptown on the internet – and we certainly were not disappointed. The couple we were traveling with had never stayed in a bed and breakfast – what a way to introduce them! Although it’s a little farther out than I originally was looking for, the location was fine – and well worth the extra value for the price. Sandy is the right mix for an innkeeper – friendly and helpful. Also very accommodating as one of our party was allergic to down, and another had dietary restrictions. The breakfasts were excellent, and very substantial. The rooms were wonderfully eclectic – very roomy and very comfortable. Updated bathrooms are always a plus – and the husbands were happy with the flat screen TVs. I liked the idea of the open kitchen, with soft drinks and ice available. The common areas were inviting, especially the third floor computer area.
We’ve stayed in many B&B’s – this is definitely on the “A” list!

This is a wonderful B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member carafantastic2

My fiancé and I stayed here for an entire week and loved every minute of it. It was nice to come back and be able to sit in the hot tub or lie in bed and watch the flat screen. You could tell that Sandy made special efforts to make guests feel welcome. There was a sewing kit, lip balm, and a couple of others things in the bathroom that had the B&B’s logo. It was a very nice touch. She also had complimentary sodas that were sitting out all of the time. I will admit that it wasn’t close to the attractions, but the bus stop was basically at her front door and if you wanted to take a taxi it only costs $13.50. Considering the prices of the other B&B’s this is a small price to pay to stay somewhere as nice as this. We had no problems using the bus, because it is a straight shot into town. Also, you can get a transfer and us it for the buses that travel around the mall and other attractions. Sandy was wonderful! She helped us with anything we needed. She showed us how to operate the hot tub, she also explained the buses, and gave us a menu to order take-out. To top things off the dinning table is large enough to accommodate most everyone who stayed and the conversations were wonderful. If you couldn’t fit at the large table there was a smaller one that was filled as well and if you didn’t have someone to talk to Sandy would come sit and chat. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

A Welcome Respite

by TripAdvisor Member someident45

We might be a bit biased as we arrived in DC after spending a week camping in state parks along the Blue Ridge Mountains. We were surprised by how many state and federal state parks are not equipped with showers...We stayed in the Soho on the third floor. A beautiful room with a large comfortable bed and charming architecture. The room was spacious and well furnished. The attached bathroom was bright with large windows that faced the setting sun in the west. It also had a rather large bathtub which was a welcome sight. Another highlight of our stay was the other guests. We met 6 during our stay and all were intelligent, articulate, well informed, and generally very interesting. Conversation at the breakfast table was both entertaining and informative. Breakfast was served in two courses...melons and pineapple followed by scrambled eggs with cilantro and sausage patties the first morning and stewed peaches followed by french toast and bacon on the second. They also serve flavorful and strong coffee made in a stove top percolator. In fairness I should mention that we were staying on the third floor of a vintage home during July and, as you might expect, it was a little warmer than some are accustomed to. On our first morning Sandy was kind enough as to inquire about the level of air conditioning but neither Kathy nor I objected to the temperature. For us the Intown Uptown Inn was a perfect choice. We had been away from the comforts of home for nearly a week and when we arrived Sandy made us feel as if we were family. If we have occasion to return to Washington we will surely try to stay here again.

Engaged in D.C.

by TripAdvisor Member biogekko

We stayed for three nights during the month of August. It was a wonderful stay as there was only one other couple at the inn. The room in which we stayed (Uptown) was magnificient. Each morning we had a spectacular breakfeast homemade by the inn keeper Sandy and MaryBeth. And every morning we were greeted by the resident guard dog Miles.
The inn was within walking distance to the bus stop and only a short distance to the metro. The inn was far enough away to feel secluded and close enough to be not far from downtown and the Washington mall.
Our stay was especially wonderful because we got engaged on the second day there. I asked the inn to do something special that evening and that they did. When we returned they had layed out rose petals on the bed, a bottle of wine with two glasses, chocolate covered strawberries, and music playing softly. This package cost $75 (romance package). We will hopefully be returning before we leave for our honeymoon to India.

Great Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member SuzieNewJersey

Having only ever been to one other bed and breakfast I wasn't sure what to expect but the Intown Uptown Inn was wonderful! The house was charming and tastefully decorated, each room had a unique personality of its own! It was very cozy overall and Miles the dog added an additional homey touch. Sandy was terrific and made you feel very comfortable off the bat. Great food, lovely company, we couldn't have asked for a better experience and would recommend to anyone looking for an inviting bed and breakfast in the D.C. area!

Loved Intown Uptown Inn

by TripAdvisor Member MQS

I stayed at the Intown Uptown Inn during a recent business trip to D.C. It was so much more than I expected.

The breakfast was served using sterling and china and the breakfast was fabulous and plentiful. (sour cream waffles with pecans; fresh fruit; sausage).

The room (Wisteria) was very comfortable, decorated with beautiful antiques, four poster bed with a bazillion pillows, the most fabulous jacuzzi in the private bath and the lovely bath salts.

The Inn is out of town at the beginning of a residential area. I took the bus (52,53,54) with very friendly and helpful bus drivers and passengers and a couple of times took a cab ($12.) from in-town to get out to the Inn. Getting out to the Inn takes a few minutes extra but is worth the ride.

Used the computer provided to print my boarding passes and wish I could have stayed longer to linger in the study and living room or on the front porch. My only concern was I didn't have a legend to go by to figure out the network TV stations which would have been helpful given the TV gets about 75 stations!

I am from the north and was at the Inn during a hotspell, no worries cause the air conditioning was perfect.

Two couples were there at the same time and all agreed we hit upon a gem.

I will defintely stay here again.

Fantastic place

by TripAdvisor Member dome-7

This is a wonderful place that I highly recommend. The owner/hostess is extremely kind and accommodating, the breakfast was elegant and delicious, the rooms are great, and all the comforts (including high-speed wireless internet, satellite TV laundry, hot tub etc) are right there.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member BBJudy

My husband and I stayed at the Intown Uptown Inn the 3rd weekend of Sept. with 3 other couples who were friends of ours. We had a wonderful stay and the accomodations were great. We pretty much had the whole house to ourselves although there was one other couple staying there and another person. The house was very clean and trust me I am a stickler for a clean bathroom. My husband and I stayed in the "Hollywood Room" . It was nice size and the bathroom was hugh. Nice fresh soft towels.

When we arrived, we were greated by the innkeeper, Sandy. She was wonderful. Not only did she accomodate us by changing the normal breakfast time for my friends and I from 9:00 to 9:30, she made sure that we had a good time. We hung out on the back deck which was also nice. Although they are doing some minor rehab to the front of the house, it was not distracting to us. Don't forget to take your swimsuits and use the outdoor jacuzzi. That too was very clean.

I would definitely go back and recommend this Bed and Breakfast to others!

Statuary HallStatuary Hall

Chinatown GateChinatown Gate

grave of Robert F.Kennedygrave of Robert F.Kennedy

detail in the center!detail in the center!

Seqway tours

by mjmaniezzo

I am thinking about a seqway tour has anyone tried this or have any comments?

by TexasDave

It does take a lot of walking to see the monuments and other sights in downtown, so in that regard it's a good idea. But there are age and/or height restrictions- I don't think your kids would qualify. And if you're the least bit uncoordinated (no offense) you might think twice. I have seen a couple of ladies fall off of segways while trying to make a sharp turn.

by craic

I was in NZ recently and saw my very first segway - the guy was going at a fair lick and they are pretty silent and he nearly bowled someone over who was walking from the kerb into a shop

people just aren't used to them in NZ

maybe they look out for them more in the states

by rexvaughan

We did one of Atlanta with our granddaughter and it was great. I think it is the same company in DC and you have to be 12 years old and weigh 100 pounds. I think your children are 10 and 12 so the younger one at least would not be permitted. Keep it in mind for future ventures.

by mjmaniezzo

Sadly I think they require 16 years off age. I'll have to call them

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Courtyard By Marriott Capitol Hill Navy Yard
Grand Hyatt Washington
Best Western Capitol Skyline Hotel
The Carlyle Suites Hotel
The Melrose Hotel, Washington D.C.
L'Enfant Plaza Hotel