The Lansburgh

425 8th Street, N.W., Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20004, United States
The Lansburgh
Travelocity

More about Washington D.C.

we are soooo smallwe are soooo small

at National Postal Museumat National Postal Museum

Space & Air museumSpace & Air museum

view from Washington monumentview from Washington monument

White House Tour

by Sheenaann

One tipster advised getting there early otherwise the wait made the tour useless. What does he consider early?

by TexasDave

I think that advise may be somewhat dates. Take a look at www.whitehouse.gov
Which says, in part:

Requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress and are accepted up to six months in advance.

by TexasDave

I meant to include that you can't just show up early and try to snag tickets- security checks must be done in advance.

by goodfish

Sheenaan, the following weblink will give you all the info you need on White House tours.

As noted in the web material, reservations are made prior to the visit through contacting a local member of Congress (US citizens) or your US embassy (foreign citizens) up to 6 months in advance.

My apologies if you already knew that - a lot of folks don't. :)

As it appears that the tours are first-come, first served, yes, I would get there early in the morning before the time tour hours begin to avoid long lines.

by Sheenaann

Thanks folks. Ie my request in with my congressional representative and now believe that I have everything in hand so long as we can be included in a tour party. Thanks for your advice and help.

by Sheenaann

Thanks Texas Dave. I have it in hand now and believe that, so long as we are included in a tour group thanks to my congressional rep. we will have the opportunity of enjoying this visit.

Travel Tips for Washington D.C.

Incredible FREE tour!!

by bjamin32

Check out this FREE tour of the memorials. it is a new company called DC by Foot. They meet Daily and the tour is incredible. THe guides must be congressional interns or something cuz they know their stuff!
The website for it is dcbyfoot.com
Honestly, I have been on about 20 walking tours across the globe, and this was the most interesting and entertaining. I would reccomend it to my Dad and my 6 year old nephew.
Incredible tour. My best memory was the DC By Foot Tour. I'm telling you, check out this free tour...you will not be disapointed.

Internet connection in D.C.

by Rick2001

If U'll ever need to send an email in D.C. U may find yourself in troubles....

There are almost no Internet Cafý in the whole city.....
After a three days' search finally I've found at least two places wher eU can connect to Internet....

1) Cyberstop Cafý, 1513 17th St. ( NW ):
Being the only cyber cafý in Downtown means he can make the price... so 1 hour of connection will cost 9$ ! Too high , but if U really need to connect that's the only choice inside D.C.

2) Cyberzone Center , Springfield mall, Franconia-Springfield ( for the location look at my tip about shopping malls).
Very nice place inside the mall, the cost is 5$ for one hour of connection.

Washington D.C. Tip

by AndreasK

When I lived in Washington between 1986-88, the National Zoo became part of my favorite jogging trail. Jogging through the National Zoo in the morning, passing by the Pandas and other animals is my fondest memory of my time in D.C.

Washington D.C. Tip

by blue_jean

'More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginnings of all war.'
--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Let us, as human beings, take these words seriously, not only put them on walls but also put them into our deeds.

Get ready for some serious...

by Angeloni

Get ready for some serious walking. Get up early, plan your route and take the metro to get around. Service is excellent and safe. We started at Foggy Bottom station and walked to Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial up to Washington Memorial, on to White House, and back to Smithsonian Museum. Don't miss the Piano 300 exhibit at Smithsonian. Only here till March 2001. It has Liberace diamond studded piano to Duke Ellingtons. Marvelous city filled with incredible history.Start out bright and early on a Sunday morning and take the Tourmobile thru Arlington Cementary. Strongly suggested. It's only $ 4.75 per adult, and don't miss the changing of the Guards at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Allen Lee Hotel
Latest: Dec 17, 2013
Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, DC
Latest: Apr 18, 2014
The District Washington D.C.
Hotel Rouge - A Kimpton Hotel