The Normandy Inn

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about The Normandy Inn

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ladycat

We just came back from staying one night at Jury's Normandy Hotel and were very impressed by the service and the price. I don't think we could find a better hotel for the price we paid. We arrived earlier than check in but within 15 minutes were in our room. Although it was small, it was defininitely large enough for 2 people. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Although the temperature in the hallway was very warm, the room was at a pleasant temperature. We had no problems with parking although the space was very small and only had enough spots for about 15 cars. It cost $15 a day to park. We enjoyed the coffee, tea, and cookies in the nicely appointed lobby and breakfast was very adequate. The area around the hotel was safe and we could get around by walking or taking the metro which was about 5 blocks away. I would definitley go back and would recommend it.

Old European World Charm in DC

by TripAdvisor Member mwolfe

My sister and I stayed at Jurys Normandy to attend the 2005 Presidential Inauguration. The location is within a few blocks of shopping district and metro subway. The outside appearance was impressive, very attractive with a European feel. The inside was very clean and well decorated - small area for breakfast - slightly overpriced for coffee, juice, donuts and cereal at $9.00-$10.00. The only drawback was the room, which was VERY small....very little room to maneuver. We were only in our room to shower, dress and sleep so the size of the room did not bother us a bit. The staff was courteous - loved the front desk attendant's accent, added to the European feel....All in all, we loved our little room at the Jurys Normandy --would stay again.

A Capital Idea

by TripAdvisor Member stlnomad

This is a terrific little hotel with a great location. Stayed there last summer and was not disappointed in the least. Lots of cool restaurants within walking distance, and you can get anywhere you want to go by cab or public transportation. If you're planning a trip to D.C., look no further.

You can do much better...

by TripAdvisor Member BayAreaGal

I stayed here last week and the room was really small, the bed was hard as a rock, hallways and carpet were dark/dingy, no work-out room, and there was no hot water for the shower one morning. On the upside: free high-speed internet, friendly staff, and nice lobby.

For the same price, you can stay somewhere else with more charm and amenities (and hot water).

Note: There's also a Jurys hotel a half mile away on Dupont Circle. I've heard it's nicer, but haven't stayed there.

Great except for the Neighbours

by TripAdvisor Member Lover/Fighter

Stayed there in February 2005 and found it to be good value for what I paid on Expedia. It was clean and pleasant. Check in staff were very friendly. Room and bed were comfortable; shower worked well and bathroom was in good shape.

Only complaint was the people across the hall, who seemed to come and go at weird times, like 4:15am one morning. The next morning, they were in and out constantly from 5:15am. I also swear I heard walkie talkies. Perhaps the FBI were scouting out the embassy next door?! Wondered if it may have been the cleaning crew, but that seems way too early to get started!

The hotel is located in a very pleasant and safe area about 10-15 minutes walk from Dupont Circle metro.

Will stay there again if I'm in Washington.

great location - neighborhood under construction

by TripAdvisor Member sannador

Our first week in D.C. - so I tried to choose the hotel carefully...
The Normandy Inn was ok - we felt save when walking around: down to Dupont Circle 10 min - or 40 min to the Mall - even at night when we went dining to Adams Morgan.
BUT: there are only a few rooms with kingsize beds - we didn't get ours the first night and moving to the backside of the hotel told us, that it is somewhat noisy there compared with a room to the front street.
Plus, bad news, the place next door was under construction and the caterpillar started around 6:15 a.m.
So, in June we'll try another place.

You Can Do Much Better (2)

by TripAdvisor Member Hiroshige

Of course we haven't stayed in all the competing hotels in DC, but it's hard for us to see how this one has achieved the high rating that it currently has at Tripadvisor. We pretty much agree with the previous post entitled "You can do much better..."

We had difficulty getting a good night's sleep here. In addition to the hard beds mentioned, the walls are very thin. Folks talking in the hall come through loud and clear, so if you are sensitive to noise, you're at the mercy of the schedules of those on your floor. The doors close with a loud, metallic click, so even if they try to be quiet, they can't be. And the folks around us for half of our stay didn't try.

We had an odd problem with the plumbing. My wife wanted to take a bath, but the tub stopper wouldn't stay down. They offered to move us to another room, until they discovered that none of the other stoppers would stay down. The stoppers were not fixed while we were there, however, leading me to think that the comfort or convenience of hotel guests are secondary in the calculations of the management. This attitude of management, plus the thin walls, says to us: try elsewhere next time.

Great Hotel and Reasonable

by TripAdvisor Member palk

After searching dozens of hotels, I settled for this hotel after reading reviews from Trip Advisor. We loved this hotel. It was small, intimate and cozy. The hotel is on a residential street of beautiful homes and embassies . The service was excellent. The walk of 8-10 minutes to tons of restaurants was easy and a great trendy part of the City -- Dupont Circle. If your energetic - the walk from the White House (25 mins) takes you past Felines Basement and many shops and restaurants. I would stay there again.

Charming!

by TripAdvisor Member MLHART

What a great value! This charming little hotel is in a great location -- just north of Dupont Circle -- in a lovely residential neighborhood. Although our room was small, this only underscored the European feel and charm of the hotel. It was adequately large enough for two people with plenty of drawer and closet space and a good sized bathroom. It has a lovely lobby and separate sitting area with coffee and cookies, as well as a large screen TV and patio. I have every intention of returning to Washington, DC for more sightseeing and will always stay at the Jury's Normandy Inn!

Nice little hotel

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while I attended a conference in DC. the hotel is located on a lovely block with several embassies located on the same street. The rooms were a little small but it was fine for 1 person. The bed was a little hard and I did feel the springs. The lobby is very appealing with big plush chairs and coffee is available all day. I was checked in right away (even though I arrived 3 hours before the official check in) and my check out took just a few minutes. The bathroom was clean and roomy and all of the plumbing worked well. There was construction going on next door but I didn't hear a thing. It was very quiet but you can hear everyone's door open and close; very loud locks.

All in all; a nice hotel and I would stay here again.

Capital building before presidential inagurationCapital building before presidential inaguration

ChinatownChinatown

guard at Tomb of the Unknownguard at Tomb of the Unknown

metro stationmetro station

295 or 495

by denise_byrd

headed north early in the morning from Alexandria to Columbia, two people- should I take 295 or go around the beltway?

Re: 295 or 495

by nicolaitan

295 = no matter how crowded it is, the beltway is usually worse.

Permit me to "third" that motion

by PR-7

NOTHING on the East Coast -- and maybe nothing in the U.S. -- is consistently as bad as the Washington Beltway. I've experienced bad traffic in Boston, Los Angeles, Houston, Long Island, New Jersey, and many other places -- but NONE of them has traffic so bad, so inescapably, as the Beltway.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Washington Suites Georgetown

2500 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

View all Washington D.C. hotels

Capital Hilton

The Normandy Inn

Jurys Normandy Inn
Normandy Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2118 Wyoming Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20008, United States