The Quincy

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Business Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

Do not talk to Christian the rude front desk clerk

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 14, 2011

If you are going to stay at The Quincy, please talk to front desk clerks, mainly Djanja, but definitly not Christian. My Story: I'm an out-of-towner from South Carolina who booked The Quincy strictly because you can check-in during any point of your date of check-in. When I made it to Washington DC for a buisness seminar at 1am I got Christian as my front desk clerk. He told me that the rooms were totally booked (can't help that) but even when rooms did become available I would have to wait until 3pm to check-in. Not so with other front desk reps. I called beforehand. My seminar was at 9am so I have no way of checking in. I asked if it was fine if I could check in early, Christian told me NO and said that he could cancel my reservation and I can find another hotel. Rude. As a front desk clerk for a hotel working in the service industry, you must reason with the customer. So after he said that I said that I would wait until I had a room. (mind you I have already booked a reservation). I asked the Assistant Manager on duty Danja, and he told me that he was working on the situation and I would get a room shortly, but when I talked to Christian, he said that he could cancel my reservation and make sure that I had a hotel (but i would be charged double versus being charged only once) that I COULDN'T check in until 3pm very loud and rude. Then he went over the line: he said that I couldn't sit in the lobby while I waited for a room and that I had to sit outside in my car until a room came. Because of that, I'm putting this review in becasue NO ONE should have to sit outside 2-4am in Downtown Washington DC while they wait for a hotel room. NO ONE. This was the only hotel close to my seminar, other hotels that were cheaper were not by a metro and I'm not the best driver and I really didn't want to drive in DC traffic. So I waited outside. I called my brother and told him what was going on and he immediately called the front desk to get him. When I had to go use the bathroom (in the hotel. if they didn't allow that this would be BBB'd.) Christian then said to me, " Do you think that your family calling in is going to help your situation? Do you think it's going to help?" I said to him, "All I want to do is resolve the situation and get a room. period." Danja was the only one that was like," Its ok, everythings going to be fine, we'll have this worked out. When I talk to the manager you'll get your room." He was really nice. So I'm not telling you to not stay at The Quincy because it's your money, but please check the reviews on this place first and talk to a good front desk person. Danja is the best. Christian is the worst. They say that hindsight is 50/0 but had I known any inclination on what was going on here, I probably not have booked with them. Hendly park costs 189/night if you can afford it. Unfortunately I didn't have the luxury to afford both days that I needed and that's why I'm in this mess.I bet before this review is even published he wouldn't have a job working at The Quincy. People shouldn't have to go through what I went through with him.

Unique Quality: Danja. Really good rep/asm.

kimblevins's Profile Photo

Inexpensive and Friendly

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 2, 2010

I stayed a Friday night at The Quincy and wished I had stayed there all week instead of my expensive conference hotel. Instead of $300 a night, I paid $129 at The Quincy for a larger, much nicer room with cool restaurants right out the door. The staff was extremely friendly. They offerred to keep my bags after I checked out; I didn't even have to ask. I will stay there again. They even had a refrigerator and a microwave. There was also a large wrap-around couch! The bathroom was smaller but there were two or three mirrors out in the room so people could get ready.

Unique Quality: Near restaurants. Very close to the fun K street bars. A short 5-block walk to the White House.

CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

Blah Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 8, 2004

Can you say "Boring!?" This hotel's design scheme is very sparse - there is way too much beige in this place! The hotel staff seem unmotivated. We stayed there in October 2004 and the hotel staff informed us that the hotel was "for sale." It was clean, but definitely nothing special. Don't put money in their "internet" connection machine. The internet didn't work the entire time I was there. The staff didn't know where the closest library or internet cafe was. You would think they could have looked that up for us!

Unique Quality: Decent location near DuPont Circle. Within walking distance of the Metro.

Directions: DuPont Circle area

Nearby The Quincy

The Quincy

• The Quincy Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 1823 L St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Amenities at The Quincy

• Kitchenette
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Washington D.C. Travel Forum

Need advice about Washington D.C., United States of America? Visit the Travel Forum for Washington D.C. and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Washington D.C. hotel reviews

Westin Washington, DC City Center
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Willard Inter-Continental Washington
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Washington D.C.
National Gallery of Art