10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States
#24 of 170 hotels in Washington D.C.
Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Business Travel Seniors Family Travel
See Amenities

Do Not Stay Here

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 13, 2011

This is by far the poorest quality hotel that I ever had to deal with. I travel 2 to 3 times a month all over the country for the last 20 years. I have stayed in motels to the Ritz Carlton. This was my worst hotel experience EVER !!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and stay ANYWHERE but this DISAPPOINTING DUMP. Everything was unacceptable and well below the standards of the last 50 to 100 hotels that I have stayed. The staff did nothing to correct any of the situations. I could write a small book on the horror of dealing with this establishment. Stay at Motel 6 or Fred’s Flea Stack before this nightmare of a hotel. I really cannot stress how bad it was. The only thing that was a positive experience was the door man did open the door for me. After that it was a classless foul dump.

dazsin's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 17, 2007

The Washington Plaza Hotel seemed to get mixed reviews when I checked up on it. I would describe it as one of the best hotels i have ever stopped in. Very clean, lovely rooms, friendly staff and superb location.

mtayl's Profile Photo

Not as good as it looks.

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2006

This hotel looks quite impressive from the outside but fails miserably to live up to its exterior. When I arrived it took three attempts on their part and a threat to move immediately to another hotel on my part to get a room that I was even prepared to stay in. The first room was almost a broom closet with spartan decor, and something wrong with the windows that meant you could hardly see out of them. The second room was larger and better furnished, but the carpet was soaking wet in numerous places. I hate to think what had happened in there and it was in no condition to house guests. The third room was of acceptable size, but still poorly furnished and the tub chair was worn and dirty. The room did not have a fridge, which in a Washington summer is a real minus. The air conditioner worked, but was very difficult to regulate the temperature and I had to resort to having it "on" until the room was unbearably cold and then "off" to bring it back up to a reasonable temperature. During my stay "in room" internet was not available, but it is supposed to be. The pay as you go terminals on the ground floor are outrageously expensive given todays charges. There was no guest laundry as far as I could detect.

Unique Quality: The location is good as long as you don't mind a bit of a walk. But if you're so inclined you can walk to all of the major tourist attractions and quite a range of eating places. Panhandlers frequent the area in large numbers and are a nuisance but benign, at least in my experience.

The pool is open air, right on Thomas Circuit, but those who used it seemed to appreciate it. Perhaps their room(s) were like mine.

The bar was very dimly lit and drinks very expensive, at least by my experience elsewhere. I didn't experience the in-house restaurant. Eventually I moved hotels to somewhere much nicer.

Nearby Washington Plaza Hotel

• Washington Plaza Dc
  • Washington Plaza Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20005, United States

1 Photo of Washington Plaza Hotel

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Washington D.C. Travel Forum

Need advice about Washington D.C., United States of America? Visit the Travel Forum for Washington D.C. and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Washington D.C. hotel reviews

Days Inn Connecticut Ave
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
Capital Hilton
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Washington D.C.