Westin Grand Hotel

2350 M St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States

The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
Expedia.com Booking.com Westin.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Teddy181's Profile Photo

My favorite place to stay in the City

The Westin Grand hotel is very comfortable. The service has always been great at this hotel. Parking is an additional cost as it is in any hotel in the city but this hotel is located close to metro (subway) stations and is within walking distance to Georgetown.

Unique Quality: Honestly, I use this hotel as a launching point to explore DC. I live in the suburbs of DC and frequently stay here on the weekends when I want to escape and discover DC all over again. I did not use all the facilities so I can not write about them. There is so much to do and see in DC, you should not be spending all your time in the hotel. The combination of location and price is probably this hotel's greatest asset.

Directions: Between Georgetown and Connecticut Ave.

More about Westin Grand Hotel

Grand or Antique?

by TripAdvisor Member blueocean_explorer

I am currently staying that the Westin Grand Washington DC. I was very disappointed with the hotel's facilities and service. I would strongly NOT recommand this hotel.

Negatives: 1) The room is extremely tiny.
2) The staff at the front desk was rude and ignorant.
3) I had to change four rooms, because every room had a heavy "smoke" smell.

4) The Internet wasn't working in my room! I called up the Help Desk, and did not know how to solve my problem. They started to use "computer terminology" (I think only a undergrad majoring in computer science will understand him). I had to end up solving the problem by myself.

5) The bed spread was dirty!! It took them more than an hour to change my bed spread. The housekeeping had to change the bed spread four times (because all four of them were really dirty!) I wonder how they clean the bedspread.

6) Food was OK, but EXTREMELY EXPENISIVE. A cup of herbal tea costs $15.00!!!!!!!

7) The "HEAVENLY BATH" has a lot to be desired!! The shower stall is like the cage! The dual shower heads can not reach its max. function, due to the size of the shower stall!

8) The running water from the soaking tub is dirty. There were a lot of dirt mixed in the water!

9) The staff at the front desk was rude and ignorant. When I requested a room change (due to the smoke) they staired at me and tossed the key to me! I requested to talk to the general manager of the hotel. His attitude was worse. He told me: "Well everyone in the hotel is like this." So even the general manager proved that every staff in the hotel has an attitude problem!!!

10) The needed to change the carpet. There were stains all over the carpet!!

Positive: The only positive I can think of is that the Heavenly Bed is pretty comfortable!

This hotel isn't grand at all. My original plan was to stay for two nights. However, now I am deciding to check out tomorrow! If you are considering a hotel in DC, go to Fairmont (just right across the road) or Four Seasons (four blocks away). They know how to do customer service!!!

These reviews are Crazy!!

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Nice goose down comforter sateen sheets. Nice, clean, big marble bathroom with jacuzzi tub.

I mean what more can you ask for???

The worst 4 star ever

by TripAdvisor Member ScottKurant

Checked in at 2 pm and was told my special room was being cleaned. At 3:30 I was given a room with a queen bed instead of king which was requested. Brought to king room which smelled musty, had boken terrace door and worn out carpeting. Halls had no a/c and gym had minimal a/c. Too hot to work out. Lobby also had musty smell. Only one person at front desk on a Friday afternoon. Waited 20 min. to see if I could get better room. They could not help me. I called fairmont and got a great rate at their beautiful hotel across the street. Ichecked out and met my wife at the Fairmont. It's very hard to believe that these are both 4 star hotels.

not thrilled

The staff was attentive and friendly..the hotel was nice..however for the money, i thought the room was a little to small..I requested a king size bed and a rollaway for my son, so i thought they would give me a room to accomodate both..not so..the rollaway had to be set up in front of the bathroom..the menu prices and room service prices were particularly high..$5 for a bottled water that was in the mini bar..very noisy as there was construction going on across the street. I asked for a room facing the court yard but i still could hear the noise as if it was directly over my room. I personally was not thrilled with the hotel and wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member Stoneharbor

Great location. Reasonable price - $129 w/parking. Great bed and clean first rate bathroom. AC was outstanding(100 outside). Pool was very small and only had 2 lounge chairs. Fortunately, it wasn't crowded. For a business traveler, the breakfast dining room is fine.....because you can expense it! $20+ f/ breakfast is more than I chose to pay. You must go several blocks to find a reasonable breakfast/lunch location. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Would stay at discounted price but not full.

Very Satisfied

by TripAdvisor Member cliff_rock

Great location, a short walk to Georgetown shops/restaurants. Also a short walk to access to all other tourist attractions via Metro (Foggy Bottom stop). Ritz Carlton, Fairmont, & Park Hyatt are your neighbors, but Westin seems to cost much less. Excellent bed and bathroom typical of Westin. Property could probably use some updating in the common areas (e.g. carpet); however, no complaints.

Rooms falling apart and service bad

by TripAdvisor Member pineappleeurope

The rooms at this hotel are falling apart - the entertainment unit in our room was broken and the carpet a mess! Laundry service returned our clothes rolled up in a small plastic bag!!!!!!! We had asked for ironing service! Not even apologi did we get!!!! Bathrooms good and a good size and food great.

Reception staff were not friendly!

Location good for Georgetown but otherwise not good for tourists only business travel.

Great Hotel and service ( free breakfast)

by TripAdvisor Member 2HawkFans

We just stayed 4 nights here and had a great stay. The walk from Foggy Bottom metro was short, we flew into Reagan National and never used a taxi. The rate we paid was $250 romance package from the Starwood website. We had free daily room service breakfast (anything we wanted) and the tip was in the bill, so we did not have to pay any extra for 4 large breakfasts. That rate also included champagne and choc. covered strawberries and 4pm check out... wonderful.
Our room was on the 6th floor away from the construction, room 604. It had a king bed and large bath with deep tub and double shower head. We felt like we had the floor to ourselves and an elevator was always waiting-fresh fruit set out everyday by the elevator.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk to many nice places to eat. Smith and Wollensky for steak and Kinkeads for seafood, not to mention the Georgetown shops and several oyster bars in that area. The front desk made the reservations quickly. The bar in the hotel was nice and relaxing, I would stay here again for sure. Don't forget to e-mail your state senator and ask for a white house tour..you can't go unless you do. Senator Harkin's office got us a tour and sent us a packet of free info on the area.
I looked at the gym and it had a lot of things to do and was nice and clean.
Sometimes you get the room you pay for I think (I have had bad luck with priceline rooms) and this hotel is close to the Ritz which is much more expensive.
A drugstore is just around the corner for snacks and diet coke. Great stay.

Comments

Popular Hotels in Washington D.C.

Hay Adams Hotel

Willard Inter-Continental Washington

The Dupont Hotel

1500 New Hampshire Ave. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20036, United States

Omni Shoreham Hotel

Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin
Westin Hotel Washington Dc
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.c. Hotel Washington Dc

Address: 2350 M St. NW, Washington DC, District of Columbia, 20037, United States