Homestead Village - Redmond Bellevue

Based on 103 reviews

Business Travel Family Travel Budget Travel
See Amenities

Hotel Manager Goes Ballistic for Polite Complaint

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2010

On another hotel review website I noticed that in the last couple years, this hotel has gotten a couple noise complaints by guests. I have been staying at the Homestead Redmond/Bellevue for 3 weeks, and I also found the hotel to be noisy on occasion. I have found other hotels I have traveled to in NYC, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, London, Paris, Athens to also have a minor problem: next-door noise, lack of soap or shampoo, need clothing cleaned, light broken, etc, and in the past I make a normal call to the front desk to ask for a light bulb replacement or shampoo or soap, and at those hotels the staff fixed the problem and all of our lives were great!

NOT AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the other guests who posted recent comments, this hotel was noisy a few times due to workers with leaf blowers and guests entering/exiting in the middle of the night. No problem right? Just call the front desk, right? NOT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

When I called the front desk the second time this happened, THE MANAGER WENT BALLISTIC ON ME!!!!!!!!!! The problem was not the guy slamming doors at 3am, it was THE CUSTOMER WHO DARED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SLAMMING DOORS AT 3AM! And the manager did not just say something polite and noncommital. SHE SCREAMED AT ME!!!!!!!!! AND SCREAMED AT ME!!!!!!!!!!! AND SCREAMED AT ME!!!!!!!!!

A bad divorce? Maybe yes, maybe no. Poor cable tv reception? Maybe yes, maybe no. No manager's bonuses this hotel season? I cannot say what the manager TO FREAK OUT AND GO BALLISTIC ON A ROUTINE NOISE COMPLAINT BUT THIS WOMAN WENT NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

It gets better!!!!!!!!

I am just glad I have not done something SUPER OUTRAGEOUS AT THIS HOTEL like ASK FOR MY PARKING TICKET TO BE VALIDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!

Just remember........... at other hotels the "customer is always right" but at Homestead Bellevue/Redmond, the manager does not like to act like the managers of the $200/300 per night hotels I have stayed at. She does not appear to understand the concept of LISTENING TO THE CUSTOMER.

And whatever you do, don't do something outrageous like ask for your parking ticket to be validated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unique Quality: Unique????????????

It was pretty unique to have a manager GO BALLISTIC ON RECEIVING A ROUTINE NOISE COMPLAINT!!!!!!!! I know I am not the first hotel guest to make a noise complaint because I read two other noise complaints about this hotel by other guests. There were also complaints about dirty towels, trash on sidewalks, unmade beds, dirty linen, so customers had more complaints about this hotel than just the noise factor. In this economy, hotels are slashing prices to attract guests! Hotels are offering good deals to attract guests!!!!!!!!

This hotel is unique in that I have never had a manager GO BALLISTIC ON ME for making a routine complaint about the noisiness. In the hotels I have stayed in the past, the front desk staff handle the routine complaint and we all get on with out lives.

This hotel is unique in making a routine complaint INTO A GESTAPO MATTER.

Directions: Bellevue/Redmond border near to Microsoft corporate campus

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Bellevue Travel Forum

Need advice about Bellevue, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Bellevue and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bellevue hotel reviews

Enatai Beach Park
Winters House
Mercer Slough Nature Park
Awesome Happy Hour
Dixie's BBQ - Great BBQ, and...