900 Bellevue Way NE, Bellevue, Washington, 98004-4272, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

More about Hyatt Regency Bellevue

Great Stay at the Hyatt Bellevue

by TripAdvisor Member markobear1

Our stay at the Hyatt Regency was a great value at a wonderfully central location.
The Hyatt Regency Bellevue is located right in downtown Bellevue just 1/2 a block from shopping and restaurants. It's only 20 minutes from the UW District and about 30 minutes from downtown.
We had an enjoyable stay: comfortable rooms, professional front desk and hotel staff. The price was very reasonable as well.
All around easily recommendable hotel.

Definitely worth a stay, but beware the second-hand smoke

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerFromAtlanta

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue in June. We had booked through Priceline, and the $139 nightly rate was reasonable compared to the over-priced, shabbier hotels downtown.
The staff was helpful and gracious; the rooms were comfortable, clean and well appointed. We especially appreciated the excellent beds. Our only criticism...and it is a major fault...was that our bathroom seemed to receive all the smoke from the smoking floor below us. The staff was apologetic, but there was nothing to be done. So avoid the 19th floor, and always check the location of smoking floors!
In spite of this problem, we plan to stay at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue on our next visit to Seattle.

Excellent place to stay to visit Seattle!

Hotel is ideally located in the commercial and culinary enclosure of Bellevue. The chambes are roomy and the sight is very beautiful. Located at only 15 minutes of Seattle, two lay are possible and the sight of both is superb.

Wonderful Experience

This hotel was perfect. Rooms were recently renovated, and felt new (including flat plasma tv). Concierge and other staff were extremely helpful in helping us plan out a New Year's Eve experience, and where to shop.

Nice view of the lake was a bonus.

Great Location, Nice Room, Service So-So

Stayed one night at this hotel using the AMEX package ($50 check card as reward). Also used Hyatt upgrade coupon to a Regency Club room.

The room was very nicely done and decorated after the recent upgrade. Feel warm and comfortable.

The Regency Club room was not very impressive, compared to other Hyatt club rooms I went to.

The location is very convenient to major attractions in Bellevue. Walk to Bellevue Square shoping mall. You cannot beat it.

I encountered two minor issues with the front deck staff: they charged internet access although it supposed to be free with the Regency Club room, and they conveniently forgot to give me my AMEX check card. I paid the internet charge but got my check card.

Very solid and great locaiton

Overall a very good hotel. Rooms are roomy and beds are comfy. Bathrooms are nice as well. General areas of hotel are very good and spacious. Great location in downtown Bellevue. Joey's is right by there, great place for food, drinks, and people watching. Free admission to the spa and fitness close by is a nice addition as well, just get your guest passes from the front desk. If I were going to the Bellevue area again I'd definitely stay here again.

Worst possible service ever!

by TripAdvisor Member happywanderer101

First let me say that the renovations that the Bellevue Hyatt claim on their website is minimal and the only thing "new" is the TV. The linen and room decor was not of a quality that you would expect of a Hyatt and nothing "new" about the room at all.

Now let me tell you about the even lower level of service. When I made the reservation, I requested a travel industry rate. The reservations person confirmed an industry rate of $84.50 USD for the 1st room and $84.50 USD family rate for the second room. When I checked in the Front Desk agent "demanded" ID. Without hesitation, I showed him my business card and he said that I was not entitled to the rate quoted. I said that this was the rate quoted to me by your central reservations person. I also said to him that the rate was no different on Expedia. So there should not be a problem. The agent was from that point on rude. He never once looked at me or addressed me with any professionalism. The time we checked in was about 9:30 PM. We went up to the rooms, as soon as we opened the door of the first room, we were overwhelmed with a smoke smell. We were traveling with our two toddlers, one of which has asthma. I went down to the front desk and spoke to the same agent that I had checked us in. His response was that this was a non-smoking floor. At which I replied that the room had an overwhelming smoked smell. He replied that they were full and could not move us. I requested for only one room then. At which he replied that he would charge us for the unused room. I told him that this was unacceptable. He then began to look for two rooms. After searching, he said that he found two rooms they were not together and that if we did not want to be charged for the unused room, we would have to take it. I was surprised and shocked that he would even make that suggestion as we were traveling with toddlers, 19 months and 3 years. He had seen them at check in. I told him that this was unacceptable as we had to toddlers and that he would have to come up with a solution. He went to the back office and five minutes later he appeared and said that he had two rooms next to each other available. He and the front desk manager, who incidentally never even looked up at me during the check in process, checked us into the new rooms. I asked for the hotel provided crib to be moved into new rooms, the agent came from behind the desk and approached another employee, to ask for the crib to be moved. The bell person, flat out refused, while I was standing directly in front of him. The front desk agent then said to me that he would send housekeeping to move the crib. I went upstairs and waited in the newly assigned rooms. We waited for over 20 minutes and then I called down, the person who answered phone claimed to be the Hotel Manager, he said that they were having problems with the lock on the room that we had come from originally. I expressed my frustration at the entire check in process and the lack of attentive service. 10 minutes later a Houseman, brought the crib down, he said that they were looking for a crib and could not find one. I mentioned that we were moved from the 11th floor to these rooms and was this not the same crib; he replied oh yes it is.

After finally putting our two toddlers to bed my wife and I started to unpack. My wife opened the mini-bar fridge which was empty and dirty with still water puddled inside. She had to wash, clean and wipe the fridge out before she could put the milk into it. Afterwards we sat down and tried to turn on the TV. The TV did not work. I checked the plugs and attempted to try again. After several attempts, it still did not work. I called down again and the "Hotel Manager" said that should not be a problem with the TV and it must be something I have or have not done. I requested that he send up some one to look at the TV. A person from Maintenance came. His first question to me was rather blunt he asked "where did you get this remote". I replied that I got it from beside the TV, he said I could not have, I said yes I did. He again asked where I got the remote from, almost accusingly. I ask him what the problem was. He took another remote out and said that this was the proper remote. The remote that I was using he said was the manufacturers remote and did not work with the hotel TV, the remote that he had is the On Command remote. He attempted to turn on the TV with the On Command remote and it did not work. He eventually after 10 minutes got the TV to work with the original remote and not the On Command remote.

This experience left both my wife and I with a great deal of frustration. There were several other service related incidents that also contributed to a very poor experience at this hotel. If we were not traveling with our toddlers we would have checked out and gone to the Bellevue Club Hotel, which we are frequent guest at. On this stay, we thought we would try the Hyatt in Bellevue. We were very disappointed. On two other notes, when we book at other hotel with toddlers, the hotels provide appropriate soaps for toddlers, such as Johnson and Johnson, tear free products. We did not receive these items even though it was obvious, with the crib that we were traveling with toddlers.

The second note, I called the GM and left a detailed message with his secretary about our stay. The GM has not called back. It certainly appears that this is typical of the service level that is predominant in the Bellevue Hyatt.

Nice stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Jolenie

We stayed at this hotel during our last night in the Seattle area. It seemed new and was furninshed in a contemporary fashion. There was a wide screen LCD TV, which was a nice surprise. The location was great--walking distance to the mall and good restaurants. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Bellevue.

Great Hotel, noisy neighbors.

by TripAdvisor Member chrisc315

Booked via Hyatt’s website for $109 per night. Hotel is very nice, a bamboo forest in the lobby with lots of light from the skylights and a small waterfall bubbling away. Check in was very quick, although parking was $11/day in the underground parking garage. Location is right across from Bellevue Square with shopping, restaurants, theaters and entertainment within walking distance. The wife and I spent the night of Saturday Oct. 7th there. Rooms are very neatly appointed with granite countertops and tile in the bathroom. Flat screen TV in the room was a nice touch, but only complaint was it only received limited cable channels. The room's offered views of Downtown Bellevue’s new skyline.

Upon check-in discovered a high school reunion in the ballroom that evening. Didn’t give this a second thought, boy was I in for a literally "rude awakening". Went to sleep at 1130pm and was awaken at midnight by loud door slamming, laughing and yelling. This went on for a couple hours even after we told them to quiet down. Apparently from their conversations, which the entire 15th floor could hear, Snohomish High School’s class of 1996, apparently after a hard nights drinking, was continuing their 10 year class reunion right outside my hotel room door. They apparently had occupied the 3 rooms around ours. I’m only a few years older than these people but I have the common decency to respect other’s people privacy, especially between 12-3 AM!! Called down to the front desk and they had two security guards come up to break up the reunion thereafter. Finally fell asleep around 330am.

Upon check out at 930am, was asked by the hotel staff about the incident. After going into the details they waived my parking fee and offered free breakfast in the restaurant upstairs. Although basically your basic continental breakfast fare, it had a nice dining room and was appreciated.

The Bellevue Hyatt is a very attractive hotel with a very accommodating staff in a great location. Just ask for a room away from losers who are trying to relive their high school glory days!

Comments