Squalicum Lake Cottage

Squalicum Lake Rd, Bellingham, Washington, 98226, United States

More about Bellingham

Superb Pacific Northwest symbolic detailSuperb Pacific Northwest symbolic detail

Further Down the FallsFurther Down the Falls

With cigarettes $6.00+ Good Luck!With cigarettes $6.00+ Good Luck!

Trail in BellinghamTrail in Bellingham

Hikers Wanted

by Crazedchris

Hey all, hows it going? I'm an avid hiker living in Bellingham, and I'm trying to expand my list of hiking/chilling buddies. Anyone in here interested in hitting the trails at all? Anyway, you are welcome to reply to this or email me if your interested. I hope you all are having a great day!
Chris
Hikingwithoutlimits@hotmail.com

RE: Hikers Wanted

by Seattlejhn

"Hey" from South Seattle, I'm @ work so can't say too much right now. I'll catch ya soon though. Jhn W.

RE: Hikers Wanted

by Seattlejhn

It's me again, I'll say that my wife and I have done about 40-45 hikes around here since 1991. However, now that we're busier, older + wk odd shifts things are different. If we do get out of town it's to do some light offroad, 4x4, steep, low range, primitive type unimproved byways. So me, I don't really see it unless you have a four wheel drive vehicle..God Bless You!.........John W.
PS. I've thought about wanting to try out Rattlesnake Ridge trail across from Mt. Si. We've done Mt. Si. & Little Si. You???????

Travel Tips for Bellingham

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

by artgrad

If you're not a native Washingtonian, you may not be prepared for the erratic weather changes here. Most Bellingham natives can survive with a good pair of Tevas, some carharrts and a t-shirt, but you may need more. Of course it depends on when you're coming, but try packing a little of everything. Long pants, shorts, sandals, shoes, hiking boots, a sweater, a raincoat, a tanktop, a hat. You can bring a swimsuit if you're coming in the summer, there are some great lakes that are warm enough to dip in. Check out the university's outdoor center for great rentals and outdoorsy tips.

Civic Field Stadium

by LeoM

Civic Field, which is home to many of the local high school spots, like football, soccer, Lacrosse.
As well as many college and City rec -venues as well. definately need cleats, or shine guards. Depends on the sports you will play. Also has a track you can run around in.

ya right!

by sparkwash

there's plenty of secret things to do here, but the last time we did this i watched my favorite river-side campout spot turn into a tourist garbage dump. you'll have to be good friends with me for me to tell you about all of Bellingham's secrets.

Whatcom Falls Park -Forest in the middle of a city

by Bellinghamster

Large park (209 acres) in the middle of the city, we have a few of those, with Whatcom Creek running through it. The city's water plant is here, as is a State of Washington fish hatchery. Bordered by Bayview Cemetary, Lakway Dr, Alabama Hill neighborhood, and Electric Ave.

Lots of trails that locals use. Lots of dog walkers, bikers, in the summer there is swimming and diving in a large pool. There is a fishing derby pond for opening day of trout fishing. The dam that controls the level of Lake Whatcom is at the upper end of the park.

The city has shelters for rent for your event. There are large lawns, playgrounds, basketball court, tennis courts, etc. The signature peice of the park is the stone bridge over Whatcom creek near one of the falls.

Staying in for the night?

by artgrad

Before you sink into the couch, why not check out Film is Truth, the local non-chain video store existing solely for the pleasure of true movie lovers. They do their best to carry all the interesting and obscure titles, and you can put in a request if there's something they don't have. Located at 1417 Cornwall downtown.

Comments