Semiahmoo Resort

9565 Semiahmoo Parkway, Blaine, Washington, 98230, United States

Good For No Data
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

Semiahmoo Resort

I highly recommend this resort. Make sure to book your hotel fronting the ocean. Also, choose the rooms that are further from the playground especially when you are booking on the month of July and August. It gets really loud here in the afternoon. We booked here on 4th of July.

The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are nice. The facilities are great, too. The restaurant has the best fish and chips!

The lobby is gorgeous and the stroll at the beach is beautiful. It is pretty close to the Marina and the walk there is even better!

We saw a lot of wildlife there and wildflowers!

Unique Quality: I like the location of this hotel because it is on this strip of elongated land on the border of Washington State. From the the beach of the Semiahmoo, you can see Vancouver. It is very quiet and peaceful here.

Directions: From Seattle, take I-5 North following directions to Vancouver. Once in Blaine, follow the signs of Semiahmoo Resort. There are two ways to get there: One of The Semiahmoo Parkway and the Dayton Harbor.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Spend quality time with family at Semiahmoo Resort

It's always special to visit Semiahmoo resort. You have that privacy as the resort is located on an elongated strip of land close to the waters overlooking Canada!

The resort has everything you can ask for. There's the golf course for dad, a spa for mom and the beach and the parks for the kids!

Unique Quality: Semiahmoo has a nice restaurant overlooking the beach and with an ambiance of peacefulness. You can order fish and chips, have a glass of lemonade and watch the seagulls flying and the boats at a distance cruising...

Directions: From I-5 going North, exit on Semiahmoo Exit. Follow directions as there are big signs of Semiahmoo. There is parking in front of the resort or you can also park at the back close to the barges.

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Bank Holiday Bargain

We picked up a midweek offer which we were surprised to find was also valid during bank holidays. At $109 this was therefore a bargain and what better way to spend the bank holiday than to be relaxing. The hotel itself is opposite Whiterock and is accessed by a long peninsula. There's nothing other than the hotel and a few condos on the island itself and there are plenty of beaches and long shore walks to be explored. The hotel itself is fine....not great though but given that we only paid just over $100 for our room I thought it was pretty good value. What made it even better is that we were upgraded to an ocean view room at no chrage which allowed us to watch the beautiful sunset from our patio. There are a number of restaurants here and orginally we had booked to eat at the fine dining stars restaurant but we changed our mind and opted for the casual Packers oyester bar. The food and drink were great and the portions enourmous. The service was grumpy however but I guess you can't have everything. This hotel accepts pets and we found a few dog bicuits on the floor which kind of made us go eww! The pool was heated and is outsdoors, there's also a large hottub a sauna and a steam room which were great. My wife used the spa service and found the staff to be very proffessional and she enjoyed the experience. We probably won't return for a little while as we're keen to check out other areas of the lower maniland but I think at the price we paid we had a good time. I would add that we have to wait an hour to cross the border and we weren't exactly welcomed into the US. We will factor this in next time we plan to visit the US as it was an unpleasant experience. Therefore allow two hours for the journey here from Vancouver and about 1 hour or less for your return leg.

More about Semiahmoo Resort

You won't belive this is in Blaine

by Bellinghamster about Semiahmoo Resort

This is a typical "Northwest" restaurant. I would classify it as "fine" dining. Usually we go for the Mother's Day Champagn Brunch.
Salmon is certainly one of the best things on the menu. Also a good selection of NW or other wines.
The bar has a nice setting.

The whole resort is based on the old Salmon cannery that used to be in the building. So there are big wooden beams and floors. Did I say Salmon? YES!

Barbecue on 4th of July

by joiwatani

Every 4th of July, the Semiahmoo Resort in Blaine offers barbecue to the public. For $20 per person, you can have your own table waiting for the fireworks of July!

I bring my family here to spend the 4th of July. It is very relaxing for me. I don't have to deal with the traffic going to the city to watch the fireworks, spend time cooking or barbecuing. I come here to relax, go for a walk, watch the sunset and the wild life...and, voila, there's food waiting for me!

Most of the residents nearby come here to see the fireworks, too. They just lay down their match, have their chairs and wait for the fireworks.

I saw some families bring their trucks with loads of fireworks and just do their own fireworks on the beach!

The fish and chips and the 4th of July barbecue

by joiwatani about Semiahmoo Resort

We drive over 100 miles just to come and eat the barbecued salmon and the fish and chips! There is nothing like having a barbecue with a group of people, drinking your lemonade, eating your fish and chips while listening to a live band...The view is beautiful! Every year, I choose barbecued salmon, a cheeseburger with melted swiss cheese, a slice of tomatoes, a strip of red onion, a relish, two pieces of watermelon and drink four cups of coffee! Their coffe is awesome I kept refilling my cup until I am so full!

My daughter chooses the cheeseburger with all the relish while my husband gets the burger with pork and beans!

Comments