Semiahmoo Resort

joiwatani's Profile Photo

Semiahmoo Resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2011

I highly recommend this resort. Make sure to book your hotel fronting the ocean. Also, choose the rooms that are further from the playground especially when you are booking on the month of July and August. It gets really loud here in the afternoon. We booked here on 4th of July.

The rooms are very spacious and the bathrooms are nice. The facilities are great, too. The restaurant has the best fish and chips!

The lobby is gorgeous and the stroll at the beach is beautiful. It is pretty close to the Marina and the walk there is even better!

We saw a lot of wildlife there and wildflowers!

Unique Quality: I like the location of this hotel because it is on this strip of elongated land on the border of Washington State. From the the beach of the Semiahmoo, you can see Vancouver. It is very quiet and peaceful here.

Directions: From Seattle, take I-5 North following directions to Vancouver. Once in Blaine, follow the signs of Semiahmoo Resort. There are two ways to get there: One of The Semiahmoo Parkway and the Dayton Harbor.

joiwatani's Profile Photo

Spend quality time with family at Semiahmoo Resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 8, 2010

It's always special to visit Semiahmoo resort. You have that privacy as the resort is located on an elongated strip of land close to the waters overlooking Canada!

The resort has everything you can ask for. There's the golf course for dad, a spa for mom and the beach and the parks for the kids!

Unique Quality: Semiahmoo has a nice restaurant overlooking the beach and with an ambiance of peacefulness. You can order fish and chips, have a glass of lemonade and watch the seagulls flying and the boats at a distance cruising...

Directions: From I-5 going North, exit on Semiahmoo Exit. Follow directions as there are big signs of Semiahmoo. There is parking in front of the resort or you can also park at the back close to the barges.

aqazi's Profile Photo

Bank Holiday Bargain

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2006

We picked up a midweek offer which we were surprised to find was also valid during bank holidays. At $109 this was therefore a bargain and what better way to spend the bank holiday than to be relaxing. The hotel itself is opposite Whiterock and is accessed by a long peninsula. There's nothing other than the hotel and a few condos on the island itself and there are plenty of beaches and long shore walks to be explored. The hotel itself is fine....not great though but given that we only paid just over $100 for our room I thought it was pretty good value. What made it even better is that we were upgraded to an ocean view room at no chrage which allowed us to watch the beautiful sunset from our patio. There are a number of restaurants here and orginally we had booked to eat at the fine dining stars restaurant but we changed our mind and opted for the casual Packers oyester bar. The food and drink were great and the portions enourmous. The service was grumpy however but I guess you can't have everything. This hotel accepts pets and we found a few dog bicuits on the floor which kind of made us go eww! The pool was heated and is outsdoors, there's also a large hottub a sauna and a steam room which were great. My wife used the spa service and found the staff to be very proffessional and she enjoyed the experience. We probably won't return for a little while as we're keen to check out other areas of the lower maniland but I think at the price we paid we had a good time. I would add that we have to wait an hour to cross the border and we weren't exactly welcomed into the US. We will factor this in next time we plan to visit the US as it was an unpleasant experience. Therefore allow two hours for the journey here from Vancouver and about 1 hour or less for your return leg.

13 Photos of Semiahmoo Resort

Blaine Travel Forum

Need advice about Blaine, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Blaine and ask our Answer Gurus.