Chehalis Inn & Suites

Econo Lodge
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Chehalis

Chehalis-Centralia Railroad steam locomotive #15Chehalis-Centralia Railroad steam locomotive #15

Travel Tips for Chehalis

Basaic Chehalis Page

by Basaic

"Chehalis"

Chehalis is a pretty nice town. I used to come down here fairly often when I lived in Yelm. Chehalis had a pretty nice shopping mall without having to fight the crowds in Tacoma or Seattle. Chehalis has a population of about 8000 and is the county seat of Lewis County. My last visit here I just stopped to eat on my way to Yelm. Good restaurant.

Chehalis

by sunnywong

"Chehalis-Centralia Railroad"

For me, Chehalis only attraction is Chehalis-Centralia Railroad Excursion because I am a steam railway enthusiast.

The Chehalis-Centralia Railroad is pulled by a 1916 Baldwin steam engine #15 (ex-Cowlitz, Chehalis & Cascade). Built by Baldwin in 1916 (c/n 44106) for the Clear Lake Lumber Co of Clear Lake, WA as their #200. The engine was later sold to Cowlitz, Chehalis & Cascade where she was renumbered #15. On display in Chehalis for many years, she was restored to operating condition in the Mt. Rainier's Mineral Shops for use on the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad Association line in Chehalis, WA. My external photo album and video click here

Link to Chehalis-Centralia Railroad Excursions Official Web Site

Chehalis

by drmorf

Chehalis has been my home for the past 15 years. After growing up in Seattle, I have discovered that rural life has its advantages and disadvantages. I am 90 minutes from Seattle, Portland, the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and the Cascade Mountain Range. I must live near the center of the universe!
The railroad station in the picture is now the Lewis County Historical Museum. As you can see the horse and buggy has been replaced with the automobile. Nothing much else has changed ;-)

Comments