Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast

P.O. Box 600, Forks, Washington, 98331, United States

More about Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast

Worst Vacation to remember

by TripAdvisor Member MashiMaroSan

This vacation is quite unforgetable... never seen a room so cozy like this. Charge like 5 star hotel but give 1 star quality. When I get back to the lodge, I try to locate some hot water to make a cup of coffee... but there is no water near by the common area. So I called the owner, what I got from him is 5 minutes of "This is no 24 hours service and get your own water" lecture. I think the host should be more curtious & gentle to their guests... especially at the end of the day.
And they over charge me $50 from my e-mail confirmation letter.
Base on my original requests, I have 2 rooms with 6 guests... later he said each room is based on 2 guests (even though the cabinet has 2 beds!?) And he also claimed that I filled the form incorrectly, which later I verified is their web page problem.

Anyway, I don't want to spend any more time to describe this place... they can have 24/7/365 booking, but they certainly don't want to serve you any way.

10 miles from Forks, which is half price... with TV & phone.

Great Northwest Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Tutons

Manitou Lodge in Forks, Wa. October 11, 2007
We stayed at this beautiful B&B nestled in the woods a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. We were with a group of 8 people from our hiking club. The lodge is perfect for us! We took over the great room and were able to visit and play games and even have a catered dinner arranged by the owner, who loves to chat with us and suggest hikes.
Each room is uniquely and beautifully designed with its own microwave, mini fridge, table and chairs so you can be cosy there or in the great room with huge fireplace and warm throws to read and relax.
There are three or four beach hikes only minutes away.
Great getaway any time of the year.

over priced

by TripAdvisor Member Metravel_7

Nice , but overpriced for what you get. Breakfast was a day old ham and cheese sandwich that you have to microwave. You have to make you own coffee in the room. Noisy in downstairs room's next to the main room. The location is nice but for $140.00 ,off season it was a rip off.

Walls are very thin....not a quiet place.

by TripAdvisor Member JennyReed

My husband and I booked for 3 nights but left after two. The walls were so think we could hear the guy next door snoring! The breakfast they include is also a joke, i don't know how long the sandwhich was in the mini-fridge but it was already stale and soggy. The coffee was of the freeze-dried variety...puhleese...for this much $$ we really expected better. If it weren't the fact that we needed a very specific location for our trip, we probably wouldn't have spend this much anyhow since there are nicer places for less money nearby. Next time we'll stay where our friends stay.

Great Potential, big problems

by TripAdvisor Member gmdr

During the mid-1990's, we stayed at Manitou Lodge under its previous owners. They were entertaining, fun people who genuinely seemed to enjoy running a B&B.

Based on this experience, we went back. I would describe the new owner as "surly." A minor difference between our quoted rate and the rate he billed us resulted in him pitching a temper tantrum in front of several other guests. Breakfast- they aren't even trying any more. The rooms are still nice, and the setting is wonderful, but dealing with the ownership is too much like trying to live in a real-life episode of "Fawlty Towers." For the prices the place charges, one would expect way more courtesy and accomodation for the guests.

I saw that the B&B is up for sale. The site itself is beautiful, rustic, and has potential. However, some people are better off not trying to run a B&B. Let's hope that the next owners can make this place into what it once was, and could be again.

Spamitou Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member genibird

Nice setting, Ok room, but, come for the bed not the breakfast. Breakfast was a yucky old costco croissant with ham and American cheese.
It was nice to have privacy but we never saw the owner /manager. Overall it was a decent place to stay but could have gotten something less expensive for the same quality.

Charming, Quaint, and Oh So Comfy

by TripAdvisor Member PKBigButt

This place was very charming and had the most comfortable beds! I really appreciated how clean it was, and the breakfast was good, despite my being skeptical of having a breakfast from the fridge. The pictures on the website does this place no justice, it is a lot cuter than I thought it would be. Plus, they were very relaxed about us being late. I would definitely stay again, despite thinking it was a tid bit overpriced. Thanks for a great stay!

Retreat at Manitou Lodge B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Savoring

We spent a 4 nights on the Peninsula and stayed at Manitou Lodge. It was a perfect location for taking day trips to various hikes and sights. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated and the hosts were very helpful in making our holiday special. Rialto Beach is just 15 minutes down the road, so we enjoyed watching the sunset each night. This is my second stay here and I highly recommend it.

Had a pleasant stay at Manitou Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member Henry1966

Don't believe the very negative reviews by some people on this website. Although Manitou Lodge isn't your typical bed and breakfast, it's not bad at all -- especially for this remote neck of the woods.

For breakfast, they put a basket in your mini fridge, and you heat it in your microwave and your toaster. First morning was an egg, ham and cheese croissant, second morning was a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese, third morning was a quiche. There's plenty of other stuff, too: thick whole grain toast, granola with milk, orange juice, lemon curd, apples, grapes, etc. It's plentiful and rather tasty.
There's also a big thermos of good, strong coffee in the great room, as well as tea and hot chocolate.

The owner, Ed Murphy, was very helpful and friendly. He's a retired professor of molecular biology who I found very congenial. They have a computer (an iMac) with Internet access so that you can check your e-mail and also print out your airline boarding passes for your trip home. I was having trouble with the printer, so Ed took me over to his home on the property so that I could use his personal computer and printer.

The only thing we didn't like was that our room (Lily of the Mohawk) was rather small and dark. However, we did have a nice deck in back and a breakfast/sitting area overlooking the great room. When the lodge is full, there's not much opportunity for privacy. But on the other hand, I got to meet some interesting folks. If we were to stay at the lodge again, I think I would look into booking one of the cabins.

Escape in Washington

by TripAdvisor Member cdevald

Manitou Lodge is a treat to stay at! The hosts are great and the property is beautiful. The lodge dogs are super freindly and nice to have a round if you can't bring your own dog. The lodge provides a house computer and 24 hour hot beverages while your room is stocked with treats and breakfast - it's stashed in a mini fridge ready to microwave.

The location is terrific if you want to get away from it all!

Comments