Trumpeter Inn

318 Trumpeter Way, Friday Harbor, Washington, 98250, United States

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo

Lovely b&B in beautiful country side scenery

Trumpeter Inn is a beautiful B&B located a little out of the center but in a beautiful countryside scenery. We were sorry that we only had one night there. It is located in a beautiful landscape of fields,horses and flowers. The rooms are very beautiful, exactly as seen in the picture of their website. Everything is perfect and nothing missing all taken care by the lady of the house Shaun to the slightest detail. As I told her that she even thought of putting ear sticks in the bathroom ...not to speak about the beautiful towel house robes that were hanging ready for us

Unique Quality: The warm welcome and the chocolates and cookies everywhere. When we arrived Shaun made us the tour of the whole house and invited us to help ourselves to free drinks in the fridge in the kitchen and to scones she baked. Also the beautiful sitting room with a computer and free WIFI and a DVD with a great collection of good movies. Unfortunately as I said we did not have enough time to enjoy that ...

More about Trumpeter Inn

So relaxing!

We came to stay for the Memorial day weekend and had never been to the San Juan's before. After arriving we were greeted by Cheryl and was given a tour and some good infromation on what to do on the island. The inn keepers were so nice and tended to all our needs. We stayed in the Rosemary room and were very happy with it and enjoyed all the amenities. I highly recommend the Trumpeter and we are planning to return again next year.

A perfect retreat

I love the Trumpeter Inn. Cheryl and Larry are great hosts. Larry picked me up from the airport and then gave me a tour of the house, including the llamas in the back field! Being British, I loved being able to go into the kitchen whenever I wanted to make myself a cup of tea or coffee. Fresh cookies and fruit are always available and breakfast was wonderful - fresh fruit medley, ricotta cheese pancakes and bacon! Yum!

Not having a car, my hosts were more than happy to run me into town whenever I wanted and even provided me with a ride to my next destination.

The gardens are fantastic - lavendar, rosemary and a multitude of flowers. I lay in the hammock, next to the llamas and RELAXED!

Wifi is available and there are communual lounges with music and TVs - should you feel the need. I was happy just admiring the view of the gardens, the llamas, cows, horses and the Olympic Mountains in the distance.

I would recommend The Trumpeter Inn to anyone who wants a friendly, comfortable, laid back place to stay.

Stay at The Trumpeter Inn in Friday Harbor

We just came back from a wonderful weekend in Friday Harbor, and I definitely wanted to rave about The Trumpeter Inn for various reasons. FIRST - We felt so welcomed. The rooms were beautiful, the grounds gorgeous, everything was super. We received so much help with finding things to do in town. SECOND - I have multiple food allergies and Larry and Cheryl went completely out of their way to accomodate me for Breakfast. I felt very pampered and relaxed.

The Trumpeter Inn is absolutely fabulous

If you are thinking of staying at Friday Harbour you must book into The Trumpeter Inn.

Cheryl and Larry are SUPERB hosts and made us very welcome. The breakfasts are terrific and our room was extremely comfortable.

A really great place to get away from it all - we only wish we could have stayed longer.

An added bonus is the varied habitat around the inn and the interesting birds and wildlife.

It was a very memorable holiday - we had a great time staying there.

Relaxing at the Trumpeter Inn

by TripAdvisor Member ocwheelman

Larry and Cheryl Hoppe are the new owners of the Trumpeter Inn, and they are doing everything possible to enhance the service reputation of their new B&B adventure.

We were first time travelers to the San Juan Island and Larry and Cheryl really extended themselves to make our trip a relaxing one. We shipped our tandem bike for assembly at Island Cycles in Friday Harbor, so Cheryl picked us up and, after dropping off our luggage, drove us to the bike shop to pick up our tandem. Their B&B is less than 2 miles out of town -- a quick bike ride, a 40 minute walk or a 5 minute hitchhike from Friday Harbor. The San Juan Transit bus also stops nearby, so you can travel the island without having to rent a car or a scooter -- something we'd consider if we were staying longer that 4 nights.

Cheryl and Larry drove us to the July 4th Friday harbor fireworks and also to our whale watching trip in Snug Harbor. Cheryl also delivered our luggage to the local airport enabling us to squeeze in a last few hours of cycling before we boarded our Kenmore airlines flight back to Seattle. I don't know if they regularly provide courtesy transportation, but it sure made it more convenient for us, as we only had to use cab service to travel to The Duck Soup Inn for dinner.

We were lucky to stay in a lovely room with a little fireplace and it's own deck--where we had evening wine and cheese and morning coffee with a view of their Llamas - yes llamas.

Included in our fee was a hearty daily breakfast, which Larry cooks and Cheryl graciously serves. Between the breakfast and Cheryl's chocolate chip and sugar cookies, however, It's definitiely not a place to go to lose weight. However, when we asked, Cheryl readily accommodated us with a lower-cal breakfast of poached eggs,juice, coffee & toast.

Perhaps the only area of improvement that I'd recommend is their hot tub. It's in a lovely setting and it's a Hot Springs brand of tub. I know how difficult it is to maintain a shared tub, but ours was full of suds and didn't meet my hygiene standards -- but, admittedly, I'm very picky. We would definitely return to the Trumpeter Inn and its owner-hosts Larry and Cheryl and would recommend it to our friends as a delightful place to stay while exploring the San Juan Islands

Wow - what a wonderful experience!

My husband and I just returned from our vacation in Friday Harbor. We stayed at the Trumpeter Inn the night before and the night after a two night kayaking trip. Cheryl and Larry helped make our trip a wonderful experience. Cheryl lent me a long-sleeve shirt for my kayaking trip - which saved my arms from getting torched. She also provided us with hand wipes and water bottles for our kayaking trip. This kind of generosity is a distinguishing quality for a bed and breakfast. We are so thankful for their kindness! We took a sea plane on our way over (which is a great experience) and Larry picked us up at the harbor and Cheryl and Larry took us back when we departed. There are so many other things I could mention such as the yummy, homemade cookies each evening, the easy access to the kitchen any time of day, the variety of teas available, the beautiful scenery, and feeding the llamas each morning. We definitely want to return soon! Also, for those of you who are interested in kayaking, we would highly recommend Crystal Seas. We saw a pod of Orcas and we ate like kings and queens. Tim was our guide. We would recommend asking for Tim (he has a great personality and he knows how to cook).

Wonderful Retreat - Fantastic Service

Great B&B with wonderful accomodations. Breakfast was delicious and the grounds were beautiful. Larry and Cheryl went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect, including booking Orca whaling watching for us. When the locals couldn't point us ito the right dock, Cheryl drove downtown to meet us and point us in the right direction. We've never experienced customer service like this! We highly recommend this B&B.

Paradise found......

Just returned from a lovely five days at theTrumpeter Inn on SJI. What a lovely place!!!! We couldnt have asked for more. The B&B is in the most glorious setting, breakfasts are wonderful, accomodations great (very romantic and relaxing!) and the inn keepers, absolutely charming. They were so accommodating and wonderful people. They offered to pick us up from the airport, recommended whale watching companies, booked dinner reservations for us.... just about anything we could ask for to make our stay more pleasant. It was a wonderful relaxing five days at a magnificient island paradise. I will definitely return.

PARADISE IN WASHINGTON STATE

by TripAdvisor Member hoganaj

Visiting the Trumpeter Inn bed and breakfast was like staying with old friends. Larry and Cheryl are great, matched only by the sumptious breakfast that they serve. The inn is spotlees and their gardens are a delight. My wife and I would go back in a heartbeat.
John and Andrea Hogan,Boulder,CO.

Comments