Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast

5335 Roche Harbor Road, between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor, , Washington, 98250, United States

More about Wildwood Manor Bed and Breakfast

The platonic B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Ziggysan

Michael and John saved our weekend out! We had only a night to ourselves and decided to escape the city, the jobs and the kids and run off to the San Juans for a brief vacation. Wildwood Manor is the platonic form of the bed&breakfast -- when I sit back and imagine what a relaxing getaway with warm personal service would be, nothing comes closer to my daydreams than Wildwood. Michael and John are attentive, kind, friendly, and meticulous in their attention to detail. They took pains to make our stay memorable and saw to our every need -- going far above and beyond any concierge service I've used. They have personal relationships with restaurants and activity providers in the area and take the time to use these connections to improve your stay.

The manor is exquisitely decorated and maintained, the grounds are beautiful, the hosts perfect and the meals fabulous. I can't recommend Wildwood manor enough!

-NZeigler

Fantastic Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member apaq

Wildwood Manor - Fantastic Stay!
Date: April 6-8, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a stay at the Wildwood Manor in Friday Harbor. We were looking for a place that would take care of us and provide us peace and rest since we are expecting our first child in July. Wildwood Manor not only provided us such respite, but the owners, Michael and John, felt like family. The B&B is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the site to go to visit the island.

We stayed in the San Juan Suite and the character and serenity of the room was soothing and relaxing. The entire B&B has a home-like charm and there was always fresh baked cookies, cucumber water and tea available 24 hours. Michael and John were superb hosts and made us feel like it was our home too! There are little touches throughout the room and the entire inn that just make the stay a 10.

The breakfast was fantastic. Not only tasty, but well balanced and they tailored the meals to our like and dislikes. When we got back from visiting the island, they had pulled out lounge chairs on the newly finished deck so we could go outside and enjoy the weather. 3 deer came up to us while were sitting...it couldn't have been more like utopia.

In addition, they suggested an amazing restaurant for dinner and called in our reservation. It was a perfect stay all the way around.

The cost was completely reasonable and it was about 15 minutes from the downtown area. We’ve decided to back yearly and my only concern in writing this review is that more people will want to visit and we’ll have to share it with others!

Overall I would say this is probably the best B&B and best place we have ever stayed in on holiday and I am extremely fussy! This is an absolute must.

A Perfect Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member NidhiRohit

It was a perfect weekend that I have always dreamt of over these past few months. I had read fantastic reviews about the Wildwood Manor and had actually booked (a fortnight in advance) it for our first wedding anniversary last December. The first gesture that moved me was that Michael called me a couple of days before our travel date to let me know that the weather was bad at the island and it wasn’t advisable to visit the islands at that time (it had snowed heavily, the maximum over 20 years and getting there could have been tough). It was so kind of him and I knew that if I was ever going to Friday harbor, it would be Wildwood Manor!!
Finally we spent our last weekend there and wish we could take some more days off and stay there. It s a beautiful Victorian Inn and I was awe struck to find out the detailing that they have done around the place. We stayed in the Shaw room and the feel of the room was so relaxing and comforting. Not just the room the whole place is decorated meticulously and it is so elegant and Beautiful. To add to the exquisite and lovely place was the care and warmth that we received from Michael/Florence. I had made it rather difficult for them by telling them that I was a vegetarian but was pleasantly surprised by the special treatment I received. We will cherish the time that we spent there for a long time to come.
If I have to rate my stay at Wildwood Manor on the grounds of
1.Room – Excellent
2.Service- Marvelous
3.Value- I would give it 11 out of 10
4.Cleanliness- Amazingly Clean

Nidhi and Rohit

Recommending Wildwood Manor!

by TripAdvisor Member SusanfromNYC

Wildwood Manor is the best B&B you can experience!! I have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, but his one tops them all. This elegant, airy, charming Queen Anne manor sits atop a hill overlooking the sound. Surrounded by trees, the grounds are peaceful and inspiring. The back of the house has patios, lounge chairs, fountains and more. The house was just painted and beautifully re-decorated by one of the
inn's hosts -- who was a professional interior designer before he decided to own & operate this bed&breakfast! The interiors are sunny,
impeccably clean and every room has been carefully appointed. The guest rooms have every amenity you could want -- three kinds of soaps, shampoo, body lotion, makeup remover pads, bath robes, slippers and more. Each room has its own TV and DVD player. You can borrow any book or DVD from their extensive library for free and watch it in your room. The 3-4 course breakfast is above and beyond what one might expect, with homemade strawberry Belfian waffles, amazing scrambled eggs with shallots served in a phyllo nest, pannecotta to die for and more. I stayed five days and had a different breakfast every morning. Mike, the host is charming, friendly, and so hospitable! He makes you feel like family!! Now wonder why so many guests return. Check out my cool photos....This destination is a must!!

Delightful destination

by TripAdvisor Member nodhill

If you are planning a visit to San Juan Island, treat yourself to a stay at Wildwood Manor. This remarkable Bed and Breakfast sets a new standard for hospitality, with pristine, comfortable, decorator-perfect surroundings and an outstanding gourmet breakfast to start each day . Delightful destination.

Beautiful, Restful, and Romantic

by TripAdvisor Member aimsberry

My husband and I recently chose this beautiful place to celebrate our first anniversary, and we came away so glad that we did! We enjoyed absolutely everything about our stay. The grounds, our suite, and the food were above and beyond our expectations. Absolutely no detail was overlooked, and we really enjoyed watching the birds outside the window while dining on breakfast couscous, broiled grapefruit, and phyllo baskets. We've even tried to recreate some of the warmth of their home and the delicious meals in our own home! Michael and John were wonderful hosts with great suggestions for places to go, things to see, and fun activities to try. We now feel like we have friends in Friday Harbor!

Kudos to a first class inn

by TripAdvisor Member CharlesMendocino

John and Michael are consummate innkeepers. Poised and charming, hospitable and thoughtful, great chefs, funny and a little crazy. How else to explain the obsessive attention to detail. I am still dizzy from too much perfection. Friday Harbor and San Juan Island are great, but the real attraction is the rooms, grounds and gardens at the WildWood Manor. Did I mention breakfast? Oh my god, tropical fruit juices and freshly roasted coffee with a delightful dish called Breakfast Couscous. I could eat this everyday! I could spend a week at Wildwood, but unfortunately life intervenes. We'll be back.

Enjoyed every moment spent at Wildwood Manor

by TripAdvisor Member cjone1

Staying at Wildwood was an enjoyable and relaxing experience, perfect for a weekend getaway. Our hosts Michael and John really make you feel welcome and want their guests to have a wonderful experience. The home is beautiful inside and out. The gourmet breakfast is fantastic, and the whole tranquil atmosphere of Wildwood is truly one that will keep guests returning to the Manor time and time again.

Treat Yourself to Cloud Nine!

by TripAdvisor Member Alex_SF

My fiancé and I stayed at Wildwood Manor during our engagement, and it was the perfect choice to make our celebration extra special. We've been to bed and breakfasts all over the West Coast, including Napa, Mendocino, and Vancouver, and this was one of our favorites. The setting is gorgeous, with the house nestled in the woods and featuring a lovely view of the San Juan Islands. Our hosts were friendly, hospitable, and knowledgeable. Their recommendations for restaurants, parks, and sightseeing trips made our experience that much more special.

We really appreciated their attention to detail. From the delicious four-course breakfasts to comfy house slippers and robes, Michael and John made sure we felt at home. And the bed was like Cloud Nine with triple sheeted, high thread count cotton! We highly recommend this for special occasions or just to relax and renew. Aloha.

The Perfect B&B!!!

by TripAdvisor Member OlsonE

I highly recommend Wildwood Manor for any couple staying on San Juan Island. The atmosphere is casual, yet elegant; relaxed, yet romantic. The grounds are beautiful with nature trails to wander along, a hammock to rest in, and deer to entertain you. Michael was so helpful in suggesting things to do on the island and even offered to call places to get more information on them and make us dinner reservations! He's also a wonderful cook and the breakfasts are out of this world! The bedrooms are decorated beuatifully. They are charming and comfortable, also very clean. This B&B is the perfect place to escape to! I've recommended this place to several people already and would like to surprise my parents with a stay there as well. Again, the hosts are wonderful and make you feel very much at home. I feel like I have friends on the island now and I hope to return soon.

Comments