220 Kirkland Avenue, Kirkland, Washington, 98033, United States
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Heathman Hotel

Loved the Heathman...3 week stay!

by TripAdvisor Member forgetmenot2

We needed a place to stay in Kirkland after recovering from surgery at Evergreen Healthcare in May and again in June 2008...and chose the Heathman after reading great reviews. The hotel lived up to it's reputation and then some for us. It was very quiet and comfortable with an excellent staff. We loved the Trellis Restaurant with it's varied menu and organic foods...every meal was perfect.

Excellent Hotel, Well Worth A Stay

by TripAdvisor Member BulldogMatt

This is an excellent hotel and would appeal to almost any traveler. I love the location in the idyllic town of Kirkland, right on Lake Washington. The summer days were amazing and it is very close to Seattle but feels miles away. I had sales calls in Seattle and met friends for dinner but I enjoyed spending the night in such relaxation. The rooms and staff are nice. The restaurant and spa are highly reviewed. Not quite a 5 star but a great option for business or leisure travelers.

Mysteriously lost my reservation rate

by TripAdvisor Member Contrator7

Called to make reservation for 2 week period. I arrived and gave my reservation number. They found it but upped my rate by $55! They would not honor the Super Summer Special rate I was quoted. The original person who made the reservation was not available on the weekend. Manager not around on weekend. Manager never even returned my calls when he was back on Mon (arrived weekend). My guess is the Seattle arts festival started to reserve many rooms in area. In a few day, all the hotels were booked solid. They mysteriously "lost" my rate, and the online rate doubled. Unethical if you ask me, especially with a credit card hold and a valid confirmation number. I've been on the road for 10 years, 70% of time in hotels and first time this has happened. I am a contractor for a large orgainization in the area and I had to find multiple hotels (I work with many other contractors so we are here all the time and this was very inconvienient). Nice property, but being an independent hotel, I'd be careful. I'll never stay here again. Would you really like to show up to find your rate is higher or they don't have a room? Be warned! I have receipt to prove stay along with contact info.

Excellent hotel, but call to confirm!

by TripAdvisor Member calvino

I had business in the University district of Seattle. The hotels over there seem to be neither nice nor cheap, so I've made a practice of staying across the "floating bridge", , and I think that Kirkland is a better fit for me than Bellingham.

The Heathman is a very nice "boutique" hotel, with a tiny podium for registration and another itty-bitty one for the concierge. The room was very neat and quite large. The bathroom was modern and sparkling, the bed (they give you a choice of mattresses) was comfortable, and the selection of morning teas very good. Cheap valet parking, too.

I've just read the review by "Contrator7" just before mine on this list, where the reviewer had a bad experience with the reservation being lost. Weirdly enough, that happened to me, too. I had booked and pre-paid my room on Expedia, but when I arrived the hotel had never heard of me. Fortunately I had a print-out from Expedia and -- also fortunately -- I guess they were not at all full. It does suggest that the hotel needs to improve its business side. Overall I would still strongly recommend the Heathman, but it would be a good idea to carry a confirmation, and also perhaps to call to confirm.

Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member gsmith6313

The rooms were spacious and modern. The bathroom had a fantastic shower for two. The staff (Stephanie, Kareem, Stephen, Meagan, etc.) was helpful, responsive and knowledgeable. They assisted me with obtaining some special gifts for my anniversary; acquiring great Seahawk tickets; and also pointed us in the right direction for good shopping. Overall I would rate this hotel and staff as EXCELLENT!!!

Wonderful service and suite

by TripAdvisor Member CAFamilyRvwr

I agree with the other reviews that the service was outstanding overall. Went out of their way to be helpful. The upgraded suite I was in was pretty amazing--lots of space in distinct sections that separated the sleeping area from sitting/working area. Top notch furnishings all around. The sound insulation wasn't perfect, but everything else was great. The location makes everything in Kirkland within easy walking distance. Only disappointment is that there is no swimming pool in the hotel. There is a public pool nearby, but only open seasonally. This hotel was arranged for by the company I was visiting, so I can't say anything about value, but it was a great stay.

Great Experience Overall

by TripAdvisor Member donnafayesc

We were offered a weekend deal through TravelZoo's Top 20 weekly deals. The rate for the type of room we requested was $159.00 per night with an additional food credit of $50.00 per night to be used at the Trellis Restaurant in the hotel. We had never been to Seattle or the surrounding area and just wanted a quick get away. We booked 4 nights from a Thurs. through a Sun.
Kirkland is an upscale bedroom community to Seattle. The drive into Seattle from this location is easy and you can even take public transportation. The Kirkland village area is all within walking distance of the Heathman.
The Heathman Hotel is a boutique hotel (very new) with lovely beds and bedding along with other well appointed amenities. They offer french pressed coffee in the rooms, complimentary umbrella and very plush robes.
The staff is very helpful with travel ideas and directions to local attractions. They greet you with a friendly smile and seem more than eager to accomodate your needs.
The Trellis Restaurant was a delightful experience. We dined there twice for dinner and twice for breakfast. The handmade gnocchi is heavenly and the staff is attentive and offers great timing in service. The chef grows some of the fresh ingredients on 3 acres of property (not onsight) and changes the menu to accomodate the seasons.
Kirkland is great for walking, jogging and just peeking in all the tony shops and sipping coffee and people watching.
The only drawback could be the loud street noise from very early in the morning until about 10:00 p.m. due to buses passing by. The noise is pretty well muffled by closing the balcony door in your room. Currently, there is some construction very close by, but that should diminish shortly.
I would recommend the Heathman Hotel in lieu of staying in Seattle proper. There are many restaurant choices, all within walking distance and you feel very safe while walking the streets both day and night.

WOW - this is service!

by TripAdvisor Member Achate

I found my new home in the Seattle area - The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland. This place is so simple to get to, and very conveniently located.

The hotel is beautiful, and slightly understated. It's not grand opulence in the lobby, but sleek and nice. The moment you pull up to the valet, you're in the hands of the famous Heathman service. They greet you at the front desk with a simple hand written note and your room key. No forms to sign, nothing to initial. The card states "The Heathman hotel, where service is an ART form."

The rooms are perfect. Beautifully decorated, and well appointed. Mine was a Luxury Duel Queen Suite, with Tempur-pedic beds.

The restaurant is superb, and I have recommended it to all my friends. Very fresh and wonderfully presented. I had duck one night and a seafood soup the second. Both were excellent. The chef uses herbs from his own garden.

I didn't eat breakfast there during my stay, as directly across the street is a lovely French Bakery.

A note about service. I arrived the first night after the bar was closed already. I asked at the front desk where to get some wine, and the lady at the desk said "Oh wait here I'll go buy a bottle for you." She started to walk out to the local store, and I stopped her insisting I could find it myself. That's service!

The best place to stay on the Eastside of Seattle

by TripAdvisor Member Young-Cosmo-Family

I have been staying at the Heathman on and off for months now for work. It is a wonderful hotel. They are still on the new side, and so have some weird kinks in their systems - e.g. my wake up calls were +/- 15 minutes. But, the staff is so helpful, so friendly (and good looking - men and women alike) that for the amount of time I spend here, it is like a home away from home.

Trellis is a great restaurant, although eating breakfast there everyday can get a little pricey. Nice bar too. Seems to draw a lot of locals to the restaurant, not just the hotel crowd.

Kirkland is a wealthy community with cute, unique, boutique shops and the Heathman is right in the middle of it. Lots of good restaurants in walking distance.

The gym is great - nobody is ever in it. Couple of treadmills, ellipitcals, recline cycle, a few Cybex (I think) stations, a full set of dumbbells, and a PowerPlate. Nice steam shower in the bath and great massages from the spa.

Rooms: you get a choice of mattresses - pillow top, Thermarest, and something else - all of which are ridiculously comfortable. Rooms are a good size. The suites are really great - some have fireplaces, all have separate seating areas, some have balcony areas big enough to use.

If you're a Microsoft contractor, you can get a pretty good deal. Although Microsoft thinks of the hotel as being for partners and guests of the company, not contractors. HOWEVER, it is only about $20 more than the Residence Inn, so if I were you, I'd pay the difference out of your own pocket.

A very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cpcallen

I stayed at the Heathman Hotel for four weeks while in Kirkland on business.

When I arrived, the manager had left flowers and a card welcoming me in my room. The room itself was great: nicely decorated and everything spotless.

There were a few problems, but thy were all dealt with quickly and efficiently by the hotel staff:

- Their rooms do not have any dresser in to which to unpack (useful for long stays like mine), but asked if they might be able to supply one and they did so within a couple of days.

- There was a slight problem with the balcony door not fully closing, but this was sorted out the same day I reported it.

- The housekeeping staff were a little too enthusiastic in my view: they would change my towels and sheets every day even though I had been careful not to leave towels on the floor nor the change-sheets card on a pillow. They would also lay out a dressing gown and slippers each evening, which I would then put away.

On the other hand, the hotel staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. The manager personally provided some containers so I could store some belongings at the hotel while I was away for a few days, and had everything waiting for me in my room when I got back.

Comments