810 US Highway 2, Leavenworth, Washington, 98826, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Bavarian style hotel

I took some brochures from the hotel for my future information since we were not staying for the night at Leavenworth. We were driving to the Olympic National Peninsula the very next day (September 2, 2007). I intend to bring my family back to Leavenworth December this year to watch the Christmas lights! I copied this information from the brochure: "At the Bavarian Lodge you will find an old world atmosphere fused with modern technology and a keen blief in exceptional hospitality. Our premier location overlooking the village center offers incredible views of the Icicle valley and Cascade Mountains. Leavenworth's fabulous galleries,m shops and restaurants are just a few steps away. Come savor our signature Turret suites or relax among our natural landscaping and overstuffed flowerpots. Whether in Leavenworth for winery tours, outdoor recreation, relaxation or buisness, Bavarian Lodge will take you to another time and place."%*

Unique Quality: The brochure states: " Complimentary Full Breakfast Buffet - Turret & Spa Rooms, Heated Outdoor Pool - Two outdoor Hot tubs, Complimentary Wireless Internet - Meeting Facilities."

Directions: The hotel is a few steps away from the Front Street where the galleries and shops are located.

More about Bavarian Lodge

Damien

by TripAdvisor Member djdamiend

We satayed there last Summer for a couple days and Was pool side most of the day. Loved the staff and the ambiance. It's coming up on a year now and we are still talking about the great experiences we had at the Bavarian. Can't wait until July again.

Wheelchair friendly

by TripAdvisor Member krisseye

We booked this hotel based on other reviews and we were not disappointed. One thing that I'm not sure other people have mentioned is that the property is very wheelchair friendly. The elevator doors stay open for longer than normal (you can still hurry it up by pushing the "close door" button) for people who take a little longer. The doors looked wider than normal. The bathroom had grab bars next to the toilet and in the shower and had enough empty floor space for at least 2 wheelchairs. The shower had a fold-down bench with a detachable showerhead like a hospital. And since there was nothing on the floor separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom, you could wheel a wheelchair right into the shower. The staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was good. The beds were comfy. Great location. All in all a great experience.

Exceeded our expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member Travellirpa

We picked The Bavarian Lodge when planning our trip to Leavenworth because at the time it was rated the #1 hotel on Tripadvisor.com. And we are so glad we did! The Bavarian Lodge is located right in the
center of town, right across the street from the Gazebo, on Route 2. Perfect spot! We walked everywhere in town. Our room was facing the back, so it was very quiet, no noise problems at all. I was concerned
about noise because the pool was not too far from our back window, but it turned out not to be a problem at all. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly, always smiling. Check in and check out were both smooth and quick. When we checked in, they asked us if we wanted a list of restaurants, so they gave us a long list, with a map on the back that showed where they all were. Very helpful! The free breakfast buffet was yummy. The kitchen staff was really on the ball and kept everything well stocked and clean. This is more than your typical free continental breakfast. They had lots of hot food too, a baked veggie omelet, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, and you could make waffles (we did both days - yummy!) Great coffee too with big mugs, as well as to-go cups available. The pool and hottub area was great too. And inside the door that led to the pool was a well stocked supply of towels for use at the pool & hottubs. Beds were very comfy - pillowtop mattresses. The rooms were well stocked with plenty of towels and extra tp. Loved all the little touches, wall sconces and really cute lamps. Chocolate mints in the room hubby loved. Wine glasses were available from the front desk for use in the room. I also liked that there was an empty mini-fridge for our use. Not stuffed full of stuff we didn't want like at some hotels. In the ice chests on each floor were individual bags of ice you could take. There seemed to be plenty when we peeked in on Saturday, but when we were leaving on Sunday (with cheeses purchased at the Cheesemonger Shop - highly recommend by the way!) there was no ice so we asked at the front desk, and the lady behind the counter went and got some for us. So nice and helpful! I really could not have been happier with the hotel. And, the price is right! We stayed for 2 nights for the price of 1 night at the highest rated B&B in the area. I would definitely stay here again!

Other recommendations in Leavenworth:
Visconti's italian restaurant - excellent meal there on Saturday night! Uncle Uli's Pub - fantastic pretzels! The Cheesemonger Shop - if you love cheese, you need to go here.

One more comment, not about the hotel but about our trip: We by chance came the weekend of the Leavenworth Wine Walk, and we love wine, so we were pretty excited about that happy coincidence.
However, I was a little overwhelmed by the crowds and the pushy people who would cut in front of people at the wine tasting counters.
It was a little bit too harried for my taste. I like peaceful, relaxing wine tasting. This was more like a college beer party, except with wine. There were some younger men there that I think were using this as a way to get drunk rather than savor good wine, i.e. there were a lot of drunks. Plus I think the people working behind the wine tasting counters were tired and some were a bit cranky because it was just so busy and crowded. And perhaps they weren't being treated very nicely by the rude drunk young men. I don't think we'd do that again. But we would definitely go back to Leavenworth, and would definitely go back the the Bavarian Lodge!

Also should mention, our main focus on our trip was hiking. There are so many hiking trails to choose from in this area! So beautiful, surrounded by mountains, rivers, lakes. We did the Eight Mile Lake trail one day, which took about 4 hours round trip, including stopping often for picture taking. Second day we took it easy and just did the Waterfront Park trail, short easy stroll through the riverside park, right next to downtown. The whole trail loop took just about an hour.

O.k., one more thing to mention! The visitor center on Route 2 was very helpful! Nice lady there who answered all our newbie questions with a smile and a great attitude. Lots of maps and information to take there too. I highly recommend stopping there and also checking out the Leavenworth Chamber of Commerce website where we found lots of information on things to do in the area, including the hiking trails with driving directions and maps for each one!

Broken down

by TripAdvisor Member lorenandaj

I was traveling through Leavenworth towing my boat when the bearing of my boat trailer went out,I went into the Hotel and found it very pleasing to the eye. Dawn at the front desk was so helpful,even though I was not a guest at the hotel.She was calling around and doing everything she could to get me back on the road. If this is way non -guests are treated, I can't wait to stay there the next time I plan a trip to leavenworth. Thank you.

Loren Johnson of Everett, WA

best place in leavenworth

by TripAdvisor Member cheffings

we have stayed in Leavenworth WA, many times and this is the best place to stay. It is located directly across from the Bavarian town where all the shops and restaurants are and very close to our favorite restaurant, Viscontis. The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was spotlessly clean and very large, enough room for a king size bed, sofa, easy chair, table and desk. The room rate also included a hot and cold breakfast buffet, which included waffles, omlettes. sausage. potates etc. They also serve Starbooks coffee and that is also complimentary in the room. We just loved this hotel and will stay here again

Great new hotel in Leavenworth

by TripAdvisor Member lattegirl

The hotel was built two years ago yet has the charm of a historic lodge. The lobby has a warm and cozy ambience with antiques and a large fireplace. The room, while an average size, has lots of nice upgrades and decorating touches. The bed and linens are good quality and very comfortable. The towels are thick and the shampoo, etc are better than average. There is a small frig and microwave tucked in the side wall. Lots of free parking is available. My only issue was the loud AC system that constantly turned on and off. They provide an extensive delicious complentary full breakfast. The pool and spa, along with the rest of the hotel are clean and well kept. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but they do have snacks to purchase at reasonable prices. I have been to Leavenworth for years and this is the best hotel to date.

Can't be beat!!

by TripAdvisor Member LeeSalem_Oregon

We stayed one night. You can't find nicer people at the front desk. The room was nice and clean as was the whole hotel. The hot breakfast they provided was probably one of the best we have ever had included with a room. It is rated #1, and it is no wonder. Great place to stay.

agree with other good reviews

by TripAdvisor Member coldsprings1

We stayed here one night, partly because of the good reviews and agree that it is an excellent choice for Leavenworth.
Clean, upscale rooms, close to the main street, very quiet and with a nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The breakfast is above average and the staff very accommodating.
The only not positive thing was the check in as our room was not ready at 3 pm. We had requested a room close to the elevator so that might have been the reason for the delay. It was ready about 3:30.
Would definately stay here again if in Leavenworth.

Northwest Five Star Experience

by TripAdvisor Member mitzi_travels

We just returned from a two night stay in Leavenworth Washington, in the heart of the beautiful Cascade Mountain Range. The town of Leavenworth is a bavarian villiage filled with gourmet restaurants, art shops and specialty retail stores. We have been to Leavenworth many times and stayed in almost every hotel in town. We looked online and noticed a new hotel called the Barvarian Lodge. It looked great in the pictures so we decided to stay there instead of our regular hotel. When we arrived we couldn't believe how nice everything was right down to to pictures on the wall. From a 1 to 10 is was a solid 10. We are very picky and not easily impressed. It is located in the heart of town and easy walking distance to everything. Decorated in a Northwest style with every attention to detail. The room surpassed our expectation and even included a full breakfast. The beds have goosedown comforters, granite counthertops in the bathrooms and you could see the attention to detail everywhere you looked. There were two hot tubs and a heated pool. Needles to say we will be staying there on all our future trips and recommending it to our friends and family.

Comments