Leavenworth Hotels

• Albernfrau profile photo Albernfrau
  • Reviews: 429

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

KOA - Pine Village

This was the first time we had ever camped at a KOA and when we first arrived I was ready to turn around and leave because there were sooooooooo many people there and it was crowded. I am accustomed to camping in a government campground out in nature and truly roughing it. I decided to give it a shot and enjoyed the perks that we paid $34/night for --- free hot showers, a convenience store, free firewood, a pool. 135 sites.

The campground is conveniently located and it only takes about 15-20 mins. to walk to downtown Leavenworth. Walking beat trying to find parking downtown. KOA also provides a shuttle to downtown a few times a day but we didn't use it.

If I had kids I would take them to this campground for these reasons:
games room
pool
grassy play area
rental bikes

In addition to tent sites there are RV sites and cabins of different sizes. The staff were incredibly friendly and truly seemed to enjoy their job. Late check-in is possible.

• Related to: Road Trip, Camping, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 19, 2006

• Raiderfrog profile photo Raiderfrog
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prusik Peak Studio: Bavarian Lodging

We stayed at the Prusik Peak on 1/07/06. Do not I repeat do not rent lodging from Bavarian lodging. There was not enough hot water for my wife and I to take consecutive (quick) showers. One of the selling points for the condo was the jetted tub. Because of the lack of hot water we couldn't fill the bathtub up past the jets. When I attempted to contact the owners, the kind people at Bavarian chocolates who apparently handle the property management for the prusik informed me they would leave message with the owner, who never returned my calls. Very disappointing to say the least. 300 dollars down the drain (pun intended).

• Written January 10, 2006

• mtncorg profile photo mtncorg
  • Reviews: 3539

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

UPPER BASIN: Sleep with the Trolls

Leavenworth is a popular tourist stopping point with motels and bed/breakfasts in abundance. The Enchantment Basin is open to only those who can carry their rooms on their backs. The permit system is not an easy one due to the area’s popularity and closeness to the Seattle Metroplex. Your chances improve if you decide to eschew the easier Snow Lakes entry for the Aasgard Pass option, but beware that this way is tough enough as a day-hike. Add a full backpack and the grit factor is multiplied. What you do get is a region of magnificent, wild, stark beauty that will awe and sear you. No fires are allowed in the Upper Basin.

With good weather, this can be one of the anterooms to Nirvana. With bad weather .....

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing, Camping
  • Written January 24, 2005

Base camp along shores of Isolation Lake

• racheljapi profile photo racheljapi
  • Reviews: 189

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

All Seasons River Inn: The BEST B & B in the area

This place was the greatest. While I’ve always been hesitant to stay in a B&B, I decided to try River Inn. At first glance of the website, you wouldn’t even think it was a B&B. Each room has it’s own fireplace, in room Jacuzzi bath, bathroom, etc. This place really did look exactly like the pictures on the site. The breakfast is also as good as they promise. I loved every minute and staying there really did add to the occasion of it being our one-year wedding anniversary.

In suite Jacuzzi bath for two (really fits two!), hot chocolate, coffee, and tea available through out the house, fireplace in room, private patio with view of the river, all rooms have a kingsize bed (with a TON of pillows)

• Written November 24, 2004

The bed in our suite

• lorino profile photo lorino
  • Reviews: 168

The River's Edge Lodge, 8401...

The River's Edge Lodge, 8401 US Hwy 2, Leavenworth. Along the Wenatchee River the lodge offers view of wildlife, birds, a swimming pool and jacuzzi overlooking the river! Rooms offer kitchen, some with fireplace and all at reasonable price of $62.00 and up.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average