Run of the River

9308 E. Leavenworth Road, P.O. Box 285, Leavenworth, Washington, 98826, United States

• Run Of The River Snotty, heartless & Rude Janice

Thank god I didn't stay! We had reservations for July 2011. I called today 5/19/2011 to cancel and spoke with Janice. When I told her I had to cancel for a family emergency she was very rude and said in a snotty voice "a family emergency all the way in July?! okay" Since she made me feel horrible for giving her 2 month notice when I only had to give 14 days!...I felt obligated to explain to her rude ass that my Uncle has cancer and has scheduled surgery on July 16th to try to remove it from his lungs. She still did'nt seem to give a ***!

If Janice is this rude for a cancelation, don't think she'll be at all greatful during your stay!
    Good Luck, she's a cold hearted ***!!!

Unique Quality: NONE

More about Run of the River

Renewal at the Run of the River

A hidden delight in the shadow of Cascades.This is a small cozy bed and breakfast, that knows how to make you feel pampered! The innkeepers Monty&Karen,made us feel right at home,like old friends. Every need was taken care of.
We spent three wonderful days and didn't want to leave.
The deer came to the creek, the birds perched on our
balcony, the snow was softly falling as we watched out our window from chairs by the fireplace.
I can't say enough about our experience at the Run of the River, we are going back as soon as we can.
This is now my new favorite place to visit and I can't recommend it highly enough!
Go see for yourself.

Outstanding

Our three night stay at the Run of the River Inn and Refuge, Leavenworth, Washington, exceeded our expectations of B&B's. The room was wonderful with the illusion of staying in a very luxurious log cabin. The view from our deck faced the Icicle River which was covered in snow and provided mountain views as well as plenty of wildlife, including a herd of deer. The Breakfast was, as advertised, fresh, healthy and plentiful. The dining area was beautiful. The owners and staff were gracious and caring. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for the ultimate stay in B&B's.

Beautiful Run of the River

The Run of the River is by far the most beautiful place I have ever been to. Nestled next to a wonderful bird refuge, you get everything you pay for. The view is spectacular, the rooms were so cozy. I fell in love with the wood design of everything there. Although we only got to stay one night, my husband and I have planned on making this a weekend ritual every three months. The owners, Monty and Kathy, knew exactly who we were, pointed out trails and activities, and were very kind and sweet. They obviously have taken a lot of time putting care into their Bed and Breakfast. I highly recommend staying here next time anyone heads up to Leavenworth, WA.

Awesome 40th Birthday Getaway!

My husband and I have been to a lot of B&B's and Run of the River has been our favorite. I am VERY detail oriented and I was stunned by the attention to details at this inn. Absolutely a perfect stay. We didn't want to leave our room. I am a stay-at-home mom and on our one income, this inn is very expensive. It was so worth the splurge for us and we will start saving to go again!

The real Shangri-la

I read the rave reviews before visiting Run of the River and was a bit skeptical. In reality, the reviews do not do justice. Comfort, elegance, friendliness from Monty and Karen, the galactic breakfast and the surroundings are incomparable. This B&B is in its own category.

Restful, relaxing, amazing!

We stayed here 3 nights "mid-week" just before Christmas. It was completely perfect. We stayed in the Kingfisher, which was incredible. It was so comfortable and cozy with the huge bed and fireplace, and the river rock tub. The view from the room up the river was beautiful. Monty and Karen have the best coffee makers right in the room - and always seem to have fresh coffee, hot water and cookies in the main dining area. The breakfasts were incredible, it just keeps coming - very filling and delicious. The hosts are terrific, so friendly and helpful, very sweet. Plaka the Airedale, is just the cutest little greeter out there! We highly recommend Run of the River and will definetely be back - it was so nice to just relax and enjoy each other's company in the tranquility of Monty and Karen's beautiful Inn.

six year vets.

My wife and I have been comming to Run of the river for six years or since 2001 prior to the remodel. I thought this place couldn't get any better but it did with the remodel. The pampering and food remained the same. It was the Inn itself that got changed, to my surprise, to the better. Breakfast starts with a smoothie of freshness made by owner and host Monty. Then sometimes he serves homade scones or fruit trays made with local fruit or both. then an egg dish, potatoes, cobbler, pancakes, wraps that are out of this world and a whole array of other suprises too many too mention. After the meal, depending on the season, you can use one of the many bikes provided or snowshoes, take a hike, go to town and shop in the quaint little shops or do what my wife and I do, vegetate. Theres always coffee and in the afternoon a basket of fresh baked brownies or cookies for the taking. The beds are the best cant say enough. After a good nites sleep what a surprise to find the daily paper at your door. Just one of the many touches Monty and his wife Karen never fail to provide.

And the wild life are abundant.

We will return again and again.

Richard and Mickey Martin
Gladstone, Oregon

Pure Paradise!

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and absolutely loved this place. This was the best bed and breakfast inn that we had ever stayed at (and we have stayed at many B&B's). Everything about this place- from the cozy, wonderfully decorated rooms to the great scenery of the refuge and river to the elaborate and gourmet breakfasts was truly outstanding. The innskeepers, Monty and Karen have thought of every creature comfort. Our room was so thoughtfully decorated with nice whimsical touches. We kept finding new things in our room each day that we hadn't noticed before. The four poster wood bed was the most comfortable that we had slept in. However, it is their attention to small details (the old fashioned typewriter in the room, the bird feeder, the heated bathroom tiles, freshly ground coffeemaker, binoculars, Burt's Bees products, the hiking sticks, picnic basket with blanket, daily morning paper including Sunday at the front door) that is amazing. Monty's suggestions for trails and hikes were great as he kept our interests in mind. He also made great suggestions for restaurants in town. They are truly terrific hosts and made us feel so welcome. Their staff was also wonderful. My husband and I cannot say enough about this place. My suggestion is to visit this place and see what a truly peaceful and special getaway this is. I have never felt so rejuvenated and relaxed. We cannot wait to go back.

Worth every penny!

This bed and breakfast is absolutely outstanding! With beautiful, classy cabin d├ęcor, in-room jacuzzis, heated tile floors, rain showers, private decks, fireplaces with comfy stuffed chairs, and a beautiful view of the mountains right on the river, these rooms are a true haven. Some of them have lofts you can climb up into and read or relax. You wouldn't have to ever leave the grounds to have a truly relaxing, enjoyable time. And the breakfasts are positively delicious!

The rooms are also equipped with wonderful bath products, gear such as walking sticks and a picnic basket, cozy robes, and candles. You can also check out bikes and snow shoes from the innkeepers. If you do choose to leave this amazing place for a while, you are less than 2 miles from downtown Leavenworth where there is plenty of shopping and food. Also, there are various outdoor activities such as hiking and biking recommended by the innkeepers in your in-room activity guide. There are so many fabulous little details that are put into this amazing inn, including free bird feed to put out on your private deck so that you can watch the birds come to you and try to identify them with your in-room bird guide. I would highly recommend this phenomenal vacation spot, perfect for a romantic and relaxing getaway for two.

A great get away

This is the best B&B we have ever stayed at! Such a relaxing getaway and beautiful scenery right outside your window. The breakfasts are so delicious (and large) too.

Comments