1252 East Cascade Drive, North Bonneville, WA, 986

Satisfaction Poor

More about Bonneville Hot Springs Resort

Relax and Take the Waters

by TripAdvisor Member pointfermin

Our family held a reunion for 20 at the Bonneville Hot Springs. I was somewhat concerned by some of the reviews, but found the hotel and spa facilities to be perfectly decent, and the massage staff is first rate. It is also very reasonably priced; I don't understand the complaints about price at all.

No, it isn't Canyon Ranch; if that's what you're looking for, then you need to fly to Arizona and be prepared to pay a whole lot more money. The better comparison is to the informal, inexpensive, family-oriented hot spring hotels in Germany: nothing even remotely fancy, but an excellent, heated indoor swimming pool; a wonderful outdoor hot spring-fed soaking pool; a high-ceilinged lobby full of comfortable sofas; and a location offering excellent places for day hikes, watersports and wine tasting.

Management has obviously tried to remedy some of the posted complaints. The front desk staff were more than friendly, and 15 minutes after we checked in they telephoned our room to make sure everything was ok. When we wanted a semi-private area for an impromptu family pot-luck and wine-tasting, management found us a nice spot and provided us with tables and wine glasses.

The plusses: The pools and massage staff. Soaking in the outdoor hot pool while it's snowing. The location and landscaping. The generously sized rooms.

The minuses: The architecture, which is shopping mall bland. The bar, which is drab and depressing (we took our drinks to the lobby, a much nicer place; managment should consider hiring staff to take drink orders there). The Spa needs the support of a good fitness center (we're told one is in the works).

Breakfast at the restaurant was quite good. We went elsewhere for dinner - - the Big River Grill in nearby Stevenson is excellent. For a splurge, try dinner at the Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, about 20 minutes east.

Nice Spa Treatments

by TripAdvisor Member pdxnelsons

We just returned from a one night getaway to Bonneville Hot Springs. After reading some of the more recent reviews I was a little concerned about what kind of service we were in for.
Driving up to the resort the exterior is a little disappointing. However, once you get inside it is quite nice. Loved the huge fireplace and comfy seating areas.
We arrived early and our room was not yet ready. We had a light lunch and then we headed to the spa. We had reservations for our spa treatments (recommend). We each had a soak and wrap and then had massages. Very nice. Spa personnel were all friendly and professional.
My husband had finished his treatment before I did so I went to the front desk to see what room we were in, they gave me a key and off I went. Luckily I ran into my husband - they had given me a key to the wrong room. This could have been a very embarrassing situation and we did let the front desk know about it - they didn't seem to care too much.
Our room - a king with a hot tub on the deck was very nice. The deck area is very private and we had a nice view of the back greenspace area.
We ate 3 meals here; the food was good (maybe a little pricey) our service was above average.
The overall atmosphere was very relaxed and that is one of the things we enjoyed the most. I would say the spa service is what pushed this to an above average rating from us. I'm sure we will go back again.

What a joke..

My husband and I went to this so-called resort and found it to be a big waste of time and money. First of all we were greeted at thew front desk on Friday night, by a woman who had on a crumpled shirt, smeared make up and a bad attitude.. We did not like the room we were given. It overlooked the parking lot, asked for a different room and was told because we had a payback coupon we had to overlook the parking lot. That's not right. Our sheets were dirty, and the room had a bad moldy smell. Thge lady at the front desk couldn't have cared less. We went to dinner, our prime rib was overdone. Wait staff was rude, and inexperienced.. We asked to send it back, but were told the cook didn't have time to prepare a new dinner since it was 8:30 p.m. So we left the dinner. Untouched.. Went to a different restaurant the next day. Was 100 times better. The spa lost our reservations, and so we were not even able to try it. Although it may have been a blessing in disguise. The next morning I told the manager about everything, but he just said to try them again another time. NOT HARDLY>>>

Totally over-priced, so-called 'spa'

Let's be straight here, this is not a Spa. It's a badly run hotel with some hot tubs. My first impression as I drove into the courtyard was extremely unfavorable, I had no sense whatsoever that this was a resort of any kind. I stayed there on a Friday night and booked a room with a hot-tub, and felt totally cheated when I saw what I was paying a lot of money for. It was totally over-priced. Keep your money and avoid this place, it's a complete rip off. And it's not even a spa in the proper sense of the word, it's nothing even remotely close. Avoid!!

Great Deal

My husband and I stayed here in November. We found the staff to be very nice. They had pastries and coffee in the lobby in the morning. We had a hot tub room. The hot tub was wonderful. It's a great place to go and relax. As another poster mentioned its not Canyon Ranch spa, but more econimical. Great pool. During the week they ran great specials in the spa. Very cozy place I'd go back any time.

Too Many Changes

We returned to the rersort to give it another try. The last time we stayed, we were dissapointed. This time some things were better. Such as the food, and the spa services. However, the front desk staff was as unpleasant, and untrained as one could imagine. We were told by the front desk staff at check in that they just lost two great employees. Boy, does it show.. I asked to speak to the manager, and was told that he was busy and asked that we check with him later.Whaaat... I asked why the employees left, and was told the resort treats their employees badly. That is why people don't stay. What a shame!!!. This could be a nice place, but upper management needs to take a look at what they can do to keep their trained staff. I don't think we will be back again. Two times is two times too many.

Don't ever try to schedule a wedding here - they will --- !

I will never recommend this place to anyone. They have the worst customer service in the world. We had scheduled a wedding here in August 2006 with a very nice representative of the hotel and were promised all of these wonderful things along with a written contract that stated everything!!! A couple of days ago, we received a call from a woman who said that the previous lady had been fired and that there was a problem with our contract. We went into the hotel and chatted with this woman and she pretty much explained to us that everything in our contract was not valid and there was nothing she could do about it but give us our deposit back, no questions asked. By far, the worst Customer Service I have ever incountered! Without saying the exact words, she said that they did not want to do weddings there at all, etc..... This woman has completely ruined the wedding, an event that is the most important day in people's lives. Now we are left with no place to have a wedding because every outside venue is booked for the entire summer of 2006. This place is terrible and I will never ever go there or recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!

Don't book your Wedding Here!

by TripAdvisor Member PDXmamaof2

I planned to have my wedding here 4 months ago. yesterday I was ever so "kindly" let down by their new staff member who basically told me that they were no longer going to do weddings there, so i could have my deposit back and now, with a few months left to go before my wedding, try to find another place to have it. Thanks for nothing. I also ate lunch there and the food and the service was terrible. Don't bother with this place. They obviously do not care to have your business!

Cancelled Wedding

Without even staying at the resort, I can give it a terrible rating. My daughter just cancelled her wedding today. We visited Bonneville one year before the wedding date, and were thrilled with the details we had planned. The wedding coordinator was great to work with...but learned just before the holidays, that she no longer works at the resort. So we met with the new catering manager, only to find out that many of the details that had been agreed upon were no longer being honored by the resort. The new person was pleasant enough, but certainly made it obvious that the resort's priority is their spa guests, and that my daughter's wedding would be a secondary priority. What a blessing that we have cancelled. I can only imagine that the service/staff could have potentially made the whole day a nightmare for my daughter and our guests. I wish I had read the reviews on this site before even scheduling the wedding. Now, eight months before the wedding, we are faced with a limited time-frame to fine another venue.

Awful food!

by TripAdvisor Member PDXYogi

We've stayed here a few times, with varying degrees of service that's consistent with the fair to bad reviews on this site.

On our recent trip the room was clean, hot tub with hillside view lovely, no complaints about that or the front desk service.

We made the mistake of eating dinner in the dining room. While the service was friendly & well-intentioned yet untrained & unprofessional, it was the food that was truly repulsive. We had "vine-ripened tomatoes with pasta" & "linguini with prawns/scallops in wine sauce". The tomatoes were canned prison-grade, basil was dried (not fresh!) & tasteless. Linguini was overdone, seafood not the freshest (smelled fishy). We awoke the next AM with bad tastes in our mouths. Yuck!

Maybe this is what passes for "gourmet" in a Kansas retirement home.

We could spend the same $ in Portland (considering no sales tax in OR) and get far better food. For our next stay we'll bring takeout from Portland, spending half as much for food 100 times better.

Comments