Ocean Shores Gibson's Bed and Breakfast

Based on 10 reviews

Tags

Women's Travel Beaches Business Travel

RENTERS BEWARE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 29, 2014

I spent the weekend at this vacation rental on the weekend of July 18-20 with my group of 10 people (including myself). My friend's credit card (Adam Gentz) was used and was a guest at the vacation home as well. The total charge to the credit card was $1300 and change, of which, $300 is a refundable security deposit. Not only was the $300 withheld without notice, but an additional charge of $68 was incurred without notification or authorization. The property manager, Kimmie, was intrusive from the moment we arrived. She would not leave me alone via text message and insisted she come visit the property during our second day. I was able to stave her off as we paid a large sum of money for some privacy for the weekend. Immediately after our departure, she started texting me and telling me about a bunch of things that were broken. All of which are unfounded, and she refused to accept the fact that the items are subject to wear and tear and were actually broken and inoperable upon our arrival. I demanded that Kimmie refrain from contacting me any further unless she intended on keeping the security deposit, after which I told her I intend on disputing every bit of it. Items we're accused of breaking: 1) A light in the "Christmas Room". We spent no more than 5 minutes in this room and most certainly did not "pull light bulbs out of the fixture". 2) The pontoon boat. The left side seat did not work upon our arrival. Once we realized it did not work, we did not touch it. 3) The 20+ year old laser disk machine. We attempted use of the laser disk machine and followed the instructions very closely as directed in both the rental book on site and instructions from Kimmie via text. The disk player opened once, we put the disk in, it did not play, and it did not open again. There was no misuse or abuse of this device and to be held accountable and responsible for a very old piece of electronics is absurd. Motors and such are subject to wear and tear and according to Washington State RCW, no guest of the rental is responsible for said wear and tear. It is important to note that Kimmie did NOT provide a rental agreement for each party to sign. According to my research with Washington State law, no person or business has any right to keep record of a credit card number or withhold a refundable deposit without prior written consent. I have attempted to call Kimmie but my messages have not been returned.

Great all inclusive trip destination!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2012

Went here twice last year - once with a group of 8 girlfriends, and once as a small company retreat with 7 employees - Was great to be able to rent the whole place - full kitchen, dock on river outside, private movie theater, plenty of beds and rooms. Highly recommend!

Unique Quality: movie theater, able to reserve whole place

Nearby Ocean Shores Gibson's Bed and Breakfast

Ocean Shores Travel Forum

Need advice about Ocean Shores, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Ocean Shores and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ocean Shores hotel reviews