Quinault Beach Resort And Casino

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Brehone's Profile Photo

Perfect Beach Location

The Quinault Hotel is beautiful and located on back away from all of the other Ocean Shores Hotels. It has a nice indoor pool and hot tub, several restaurants, a gift store and private beach access. My only complaint is that smoking was allowed inside and even though our room was a long way from the Casino, there was still a faint smell of smoke throughout the entire place.

Unique Quality: Beautiful Entrance through a beachy Marsh area. Amazing Beach location. This beach is particularly nice for children because there were not as many cars driving on the sand. Washington is known for beach driving and this strip was fairly empty.

• cfritz75's Profile Photo

Nice and relaxing

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Quinault last year for our anniversary April 2005. We had no problems checking in early, at noon instead of 3. Our room had a gas fire place, a seperate seating area with a view of the ocean. It was clean, big, comfortable, and nice. We didn't spend any time in the casino since we are neither smokers or gamblers. The casino is noticeably smokey...but hey it's a casino. We ate at the restaurant the first night and we still talk about the crab cakes!! They were huge and served with a marmalade sauce! Best I've ever had. In fact we ordered them room service for lunch on the last night of our stay. The restaurant offers a buffet on Saturdays which looked alright...but awfully crowded since it's served in the reception/bar area in front of the restaurant. Didn't bother us once we were seated. The bar had a cover band playing that night too. Although we weren't interested at the time, could be fun if your looking for something to do.

More about Quinault Beach Resort And Casino

great place, great people

We just returned from a one night stay at the resort. From the Desk clerks, to the waiters at Emily's Restaurant, everyone was friendly. We have not one complaint about the entire place or service. The food was wonderful, both dinner and breakfast. The rooms are spacious and very clean, and the view of the ocean was wonderful. We look forward to another stay at Quinault Beach Resort.

Very Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member gianttshut

A gift certificate and our anniversary weekend brought us to the Quinault Beach Resort for an overnight stay. Deciding to splurge a little, I had booked a parlor suite a couple of weeks in advance and verified that it was a non-smoking room with a king bed. Just to make absolutely sure, I called back three days prior to our arrival to confirm, gave them my name and reservation number and was told that yes, it was definitely a non-smoking room with a king bed.

After reading the other reviews we weren't surprised when our room wasn't ready when we tried to check in at 3:30, so we headed for the beach. We returned to the front desk at 4:30 and were given our room keys and directed to the 4th Floor. There was a plate with someone's half eaten breakfast in front of the door and upon entering we found that the room reeked of smoke, had seagull droppings on the sliding glass door, and did not have a king sized bed. I called the front desk and was told that the parlor suites with king beds were all taken, and that they'd be happy to move us to a standard room with a king bed. She also said that they had several new people working there who weren't aware that some of the suites had smaller beds and she would make sure that every one knew. She offered us a grand suite for $450 per night, which we declined.

We went back down to the front desk and were given a standard room (and no apology) by a somewhat surly supervisor. The room did have a king sized bed, but it also was also across the hall from the elevator and ice machine (very loud), had a stain on the carpet by the front door, no bathtub, no light above the bathroom mirror, more seagull droppings on the windows, and a used diaper (or Depends) rolled up and stuck between the railing and the sliding door. Knowing that the front desk would be of no help, the only thing that kept us from getting back in the car and driving home was the $100 gift certificate that had to be used at some point. We slept badly and were on the road by 7:30 am.

The resort has potential, but the staff seems to suffer from a lack of enthusiasm. With the exception of the server at Emily's, nobody ever smiled at us. There was trash on the path to the beach, and plastic cups left out on the patio tables overnight. The rooms seemed clean on the surface, but it was the type of hotel where you're afraid to go barefoot in the room and you wish you'd brought your own pillow. If you're thinking of Ocean Shores, choose the Lighthouse Suites and have dinner at Emily's.

Great for Ocean Shores.....

by TripAdvisor Member sun_seattle

We booked the Valentines day package and while it was a bit expensive, we had a great time. The staff was friendly and I think with Indian owned properties you can get a bit of arrogance to be honest and we did run into that with a few employees but most were very warm and friendly. The hotel is well appointed and the ocean view room is worth the extra money. Food was beyond what we expected and very good. We lost a cpl hundred at the casino but that can be expected I suppose. The morning newspaper is a great benefit and the Seattle Times to boot! Don't go if you don't enjoy a bit of gambling as it is the centerpiece of the place.

Waves & winning

We have a family of five and brought Grandma too!

My wife and I had a corner King Suite, while the kids and Grandma shared the 2 queen beds in the adjoining room. Our room included a family suite with separate family room.

We ordered Pizza in for the kids and we ate at Emily's, located right on the property. Our stay allowed us to have dinner at Emily's a couple of nights. The food was excellent and certainly made us feel like grownups.

We loved the casino, where Grandma was the big winner!

Overall an awsome stay, an awesome property! We look forward to a return visit!

A great weekend

This was a night paid for my husband and myself as a Christmas present from my son & his wife. We found the room to be very clean & comfortable. The only thing that we found the room only had shear curtains so when it was light in the morning it woke you up. Also it would have been nice to have had a little balancy to go out onto with a Ocean View room. We enjoyed being able to just go up to our room after being in the casino and not having to drive to our motel. The casino still has old machines and needs to upgrade them along with new games. But even so my husband was a winner and came out ahead. We would recommend a stay to anyone and are planning on going back.

Only a review of the casino and staff

I read some reviews about the staff and the air quality in the casino and thought it would be nice to share a pleasant experience. The staff of the casino and Emily's were extremely helpful, gracious and very professional. Sure there were a few dealers that were grouchy but overall my gaming and dining experience was outstanding. About the smokey casino....I guess I came there on 3 good days because I barely noticed any smoke or smokey smell at all. I hate smoking and would not game if it was too overpowering but in all honesty I found it very pleasant and very refreshing to game without being choked by 2nd hand smoke. I didn't stay at the resort but I will definately stay here next time. The hotel is about as close to the water as you can ask for and looks top notch!

The Quinault Indian Nation & Quinault Resort

by kimod74

"Quinalt Resort at Ocean Shores, Washington"

First of all, you are amongst the native people of this land, the Quinault Indian Nation - while staying in this part of the American NorthWest - please take a moment to visit a website that tells more about the history and culture of these great people: http://209.206.175.157/.

As history tells it the Chinook used the ocean end of the point as a place to store food they gathered and before them the Chehalis Indians had a camp at the beginning of the point; among other tribes. To this day there are still a large number of Native Americans that reside in this part of the country - approximately 20 miles north of Ocean Shores is Taholah, home to the Confederated Tribes of the Quinault Indian Nation. This nation is the combination of the different tribes that once settled in this area.
The Quinalt Casino and Resort is owned and operated by the native Indians of this area, the staff at this resort were so friendly and very kind and always had a smile and said hello as they passed you. And I thought customer service was a thing of the past!

The picture above is of me, Kim, and the Quinalt Resort and Casino in the background. I am standing on the beach which is HUGE, also the sand on this beach is very compact and hard, all day you would see cars driving up and down the beach because the sand is so hard it is easy to drive on. It was kind of strange to be walking along the beach and have someone come cruising by in their car, mind you, the beach was very very very wide also, until the tide came in then it got a little smaller.

"The Washington Coast"

Ocean Shores was one of our nightly stops on our motorcycle trip through the Washington Coast. We stayed at a place called Quinalt Beach and Casino Resort and you nearly had miles and miles and miles of beach to yourself. This isn't St. Tropez, however, it was kind of chilly, even when the sun was shining!

"Quinnalt Resort Views"

This picture is the view of the ocean from our hotel balcony/window, fantastic. I loved this resort it was one of the nicest I've stayed in. See my hotel review......

Comments